[LPF] Rescue at Boar's Ridge

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook, Level 1

The poorly-clothed halfling leaves his seat at the bar and joins your party, chilled milk in hand. I am sorry, but I couldn't but help to overhear your conversation. This doesn't sound as if it will be a quick trip and you will desperately need a cook to keep up your energy. I will join you."

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
Lem the Cook (1st Level Monk of the Empty Hand)
HP: 8/8; AC: 19; AC Touch: 19; AC Flatfooted: 11; INIT: +7; BAB: +0; CMB: +4; CMD: 16; Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +8; Will: +6; Speed: 20'

-Unarmed Strike: Attack: +6; Damage: 1d4, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
-Flurry of Blows: Attack: +5/+5; Damage: 1d4/1d4, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
-Thrown Flask of Acid: Attack: +6; Damage: 1d6, Crit: Nil, Range: 10 feet, Special: 1hp splash acid damage to those within 5 feet; 13 Flasks of Acid
[/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
That was all Galandra needed to know. She wasn't overly worried about the cat but the idea of some necromancer getting their hands on dark powers wasn't something she could stand and watch. He had been silent for mort of the conversation, just nodding and making note of the things she needed to buy before leaving.

"A cook would be nice" she limited to say looking at the halfling.

Maidel.png

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Please tell me if this is alright.

Galandra
AC: 15 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 13)
HP: 12/12

Initiative: +2
Perception: +6/+8 vs Humans, Sense Motive: +2/+4 vs Humans,
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2

Falchion +4 [2d4+4] 18-20
Dagger +4 [1d4+3] 19-20
Shortbow +3 [1d6] x3

Effects: Killer
Combat Feats: Power Attack, Quick Draw

Conditions: None

In Hand: Shortbow

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Mesem nods slowly as Cratchen speaks. "Hmm, a hobgoblin - I have never encountered one of those before," he muses aloud, mostly to himself. "Thank you for the information, Master Cratchen, it is always helpful to know what one is up against. As Master Ru said," he adds with his slight smile.

Mesem chuckles at Lem's assessment of the group's strategic needs. "Yes, join us. As we were saying earlier, neither Master Ru nor myself are savvy with edibles, so your presence would certainly be an upgrade, at least where we are concerned." Growing serious again, he adds, "Given the time constraints we face and the distance we must go, we should get moving quickly." Surveying the group, he asks, "Does anyone else have any questions, or is there anything else we must know, Master Cratchen? Besides some directions, of course."

[sblock=OOC]Just curious as to the time of day. If it's early afternoonish like I'm presuming, then we'll be getting to the fort in the late evening, yes?

Also, can any of us swing by the Pearl to spend our advance before we leave?[/sblock]

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +7
HP: 9/9 real + 11/11 temporary
AC: 13 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 12) CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)

Natural Weapons:Bite (+5, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (+6, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 10/10 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +0 CMD: 10
Fort: +2 Ref: +0 Will: +6 (+8 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 4/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 2/2

Active Magic: None
[/sblock]​

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

Ru nods his own encouragement of having a cook for the road, but says nothing more until Mesem asks:

"Does anyone else have any questions, or is there anything else we must know, Master Cratchen? Besides some directions, of course."

"Absolutely," Ru says. He looks around the room, and the slight frown from before returns.

"Not that I like pointing out weaknesses in front an employer, but … well, I like staying alive a lot more, so six of one and all that.

"While we were all having chats out there, I don't remember anyone piping up about being gods-blessed. If we're raiding a bloody fort, seems to me no matter how careful we are, we're probably going to wind up in need of some kind of healing."

Here the swarthy young man looks back to Cratchen.

"If we take everything you're offering and the rest of what we're carrying in coin, we might be lucky enough to find a healing wand that one of the magically-inclined among us can use. But, honestly, if an experienced mage like yourself happened to have, perhaps, a used healing wand that we might put to use while we go out and risk our necks … well … we can't very well save Fiorella if we're dead, can we? And if the poor dear's hurt, I'm sure you'd want us to be able to help her sooner rather than later.

"I think we'd all probably be willing to forego some of our coin as a kind of security deposit on return of the loan, if that helps?"

[sblock=ooc] Figured since he was probably Indifferent to us, taking 10 wouldn't cut it, but rolling sure didn't help:

Diplomacy (1d20+6=7)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Ru Brike
AC: 16 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 12)
HP: 11/11

Initiative: +4
Perception: +4 Sense Motive: +4
CMB: +0 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Wakizashi: +4, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +2/+2, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +4, 1d6
Shuriken: +4, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

In Hand: None

Shuriken: 10/10
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Cratchen

Cratchen laughs, "I would have considered you fools if you went in without some healing resources." With a flick of his wrist, a wand appears in his left hand, attached to a spring loaded mechanism in his bracer. Prying it loose, "This should do. Let me see..." With a little casting everyone should recognize and a bit of staring, "ah, 23 charges left in it. Return it to me when you are done, and I will take the cost out of your final payment. Is there one among you that can wield a wand of cure light wounds?"

"I suppose I can't fault you for needing a map." He pulls out a large scroll case from a small bag. Opening it up, he lays out a map and a blank sheet of paper along with a quill and ink. With another incantation, the quill starts copying the section you will need.

"And I suppose you are going to need horses too?"
(assuming none of you own a horse. ;-)

"I will talk to the stable master and rent you horses as well. Those too will come out of your pay if you do not bring them back in good condition. And be warned, a goblin's most hated enemy is a horse."

[sblock=other issues]Now is a bit before noon, so you will probably arrive about dusk the second day.
Yes, you can shop at the Mystic Pearl for supplies before leaving town.
Yes, I will be a stickler about available supplies and counting arrows, etc.

So, think well on what you are going to buy. In the bag on the table is six smaller pouch, each containing 9 platinum and 10 gold pieces. Still waiting for number 7 to poke her head in. If she does, Cratchen has another small pouch in his haversack.
[sblock=Galandra]That block looks good. I would say add "Consumables: 20 Normal Arrows, 4 days rations" and it will be great. Well, maybe buy more arrows. ;) There are many types available.
And you can turn the name at the top into a link with [ url=http://... ]Galandra[ /url ]. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock] Sorry, newbie question here! Should I post in the Mystic Pearl thread right now? or do we get to post it here? Galandra might just buy some extra Masterwork and mundane arrows, if any. [/sblock]

"I guess I can use the wand if needed..." Galandra said looking at the magical item. She has never use one before though. She gets close to the quill copying the map to see the general location of their destination.

"I'll try my best to keep the horses from harm" she said taking the map when it was done.

It was clear for the moment that Galandra wasn't a talkative girl.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Maidel.png

Galandra

Dagger +4 [1d4+3] 19-20
Shortbow +3 [1d6] x3

Consumables: 20 Normal Arrows, 4 days rations

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=soulnova]No worries!

All posts relating to purchases should be done in the Mystic Pearl thread. Also, if I may - and I hope this isn't too meta-gamey here - but I would highly recommend picking up blunt arrows in any circumstances, let alone the fact that we're heading to a fort held by a necromancer. :)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Mystic Pearl]In the hope of saving time, you can make your purchases in the Mystic Pearl now, and they will officially happen after the party leaves the backroom here and before you get to the stables. We track all, or almost all, of the purchases and sales of items in the Mystic Pearl. There are details in its first post on how to buy things. Since you are looking for mundane items, they will automatically be available. If you wanted silver arrows, because they are of a special material, that would require the die roll to see if they are available.

Qik: Yea! I didn't have to bluntly drop the hint. :p[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Thanks. I posted there already and wrote down the items on my character sheet. Will update the mini stats too. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Maidel.png

Galandra

Dagger +4 [1d4+3] 19-20
Shortbow +3 [1d6] x3
Greatclub +4 [1d10+4] x2

Consumables: 20 Normal Arrows, 10 Masterwork Arrows, 40 Blunt Arrows, 4 days rations

[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"I've never fought skeletons before" Menik admits. "It seems like they might be hard to hurt - not much for an arrow or blade to catch on, and bones are tough. Any advice on how to deal with them?"

Remove ads