[LPF] Rescue at Boar's Ridge

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra would like to keep the Composite Longbow and give the quiver to the party if they decide to sell it.

[sblock=OOC] Is there a way for us to have a safe/chest/room to leave stuff behind to not be over encumbered? xD [/sblock]

hemera

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
I'm more than happy with the longsword, so someone feel free to grab the cloak. If need be, we can sell the blade for equitable value for all though. Whatever works. I'll grab my rope and remaining sunrods from Mesem before we part as well.

And apparently I should have learned a little goblin. :p
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Storage]Yes, LPF has a system for storage. It is worked into the Cost of Living. Spend 100 gp for a small apartment or 2-3 room home. That gives you a place to call your own and store your stuff. It also allows you to buy small incidentals like chalk or whetstone, without tracking every little copper piece in purchases.

Communal room upstairs in the DWI: Costs nothing, but has no security.
Small apartment or 2-3 room home: 100 gp one time cost, ignore costs of 1 gp or less, secure storage
Wealthy multi-story house: 1,000 gp one time cost, ignore tracking up to 5 gp purchases, secure storage
Mansion or small castle: 10,000 gp. has it's own guards
See Rhibahn in the Mystic Pearl thread, (his office is just down the street) to make you living accommodation purchase.

It is not listed on the page, but there was a discussion once by the judges and eventual gentleman's agreement that homes don't get robbed. So, unless it is a storyline written about a GM's own character getting robbed, it should not happen.

Now, drunks who borrow and then flash around 2,000 gp gems while pinching a waitress' bottom in a bar, they do get robbed.

The 100 gp small home even allows for having one trained servant, as the 3 sp cost of a servant comes to less than half of the "daily non-tracked amount" of money one could spend, in this case 1 gp. Since hired servants have to be paid daily, the max one may spend is 1/2 the amount of non-tracked cost.

Looking at the wiki, I see I have some conversations/votes to hunt down and document. ;)
[/sblock][sblock=available items]Okay, Galandra is passing on the Efficient Quiver, so someone else can grab it, or it will be sold into the Mystic Pearl and converted to cash. Since it is a magic item, it gets tracked and added to the front page of the Pearl thread as available without a roll, unlike mundane items.[/sblock][sblock=Menik]Fine on the Charm Person scroll as well. On your wiki sheet, list the spells learned as consumables used with a link back to the die roll posting so it is easy to track and total up at a later date. If you are not sure what I mean, I can add the necessary tracking in a day or two. I have a bit of real life work to do tonight.[/sblock][sblock=selling the blade]For Reianne, Selling off the blade is not going to make a difference. She is either getting 2,193.85 GP and no blade, OR 1,878.85 GP and the masterwork longsword. So, only keep the blade if she wants it. If three people wanted a masterwork longsword, one could have *this* blade, and the two other would have to roll in the Mystic Pearl to see if one is available to purchase out of their gold share.[/sblock][sblock=The Lusty Goblin]Yes, someone has a crush on Reianne. I am tempted to add him to the wiki, but I should keep the wiki tame and rated G. Now, if Reianne wanted to add him to her diary (adventure log on her wiki sheet), I am not going to stop you. ;)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yes, someone has a crush on Reianne. I am tempted to add him to the wiki, but I should keep the wiki tame and rated G. Now, if Reianne wanted to add him to her diary (adventure log on her wiki sheet), I am not going to stop you. ;)
I think it was the whip that did it. ;)[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I think it was the whip that did it. ;)[/sblock]

[sblock] He earned the place for recurring NPC. I mean... all our checks failed. Miserably. The Dice Gods have spare him to meet Reianne another day. :p

Oh, I hadn't realized the Pearl didn't have one. I guess it would be for the best to leave it for the rest. So... if Galandra is keeping the Composite Longbow, she her gold would be 1893.85 gp, is that right? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Galandra: Yes, 1,893.85 in coin and a compound longbow with a +2 STR rating worth 300 gp would be your treasure for the adventure.

The Pearl not having one in stock should not sway your decision. New items are generated by people rolling their 75% chance to see if something is available. It is just that when someone, or the whole party in this case, sells a magic item to the Mystic Pearl, it is tracked by the judges so a different character has access to buy it without making the 75% roll. But is is probably better to get a few nice little things and a small home, then spending all your earned gold on a magical quiver. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human ninja

Ru finds himself more than a little amused by Reianne's new admirer, but manages to restrain his comments for the ride back. Once Dolgrin's sight is restored, the southerner holds out the cloak.

"Given what he put you through, it seems only appropriate that nasty bugbear ought to give you a better chance to avoid going through that again, Stocky," he says with a grin. "Besides, dwarves like trophies, right?"

[sblock=ooc]Ru can use a cloak, but as noted, it seems like Dolgrin's earned it. Also, since it's uniquely decorated, Ru would be less likely to keep it himself, since it would point to past deeds--a no-no for a good spy.

Thanks for a fun ride, SK! :)[/sblock]

possum

First Post
"Thank you, Ru," Dolgrin says as he takes the cloak and eyes it. "I'm certainly hoping that this will make sure that it never happens again. A fine trophy, for sure."

hemera

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Well, I think 1,878.85gp and a Masterwork Longsword is a good start to my career, now to get myself a small place of my own. And that goblin...I love that little guy. I keep busting out laughing at work, which makes everyone look over at me. >.<
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Menik]Fine on the Charm Person scroll as well. On your wiki sheet, list the spells learned as consumables used with a link back to the die roll posting so it is easy to track and total up at a later date. If you are not sure what I mean, I can add the necessary tracking in a day or two. I have a bit of real life work to do tonight.[/sblock]

ooc: I tried to make the spells into links but that didn't play well with the "pre" tag, so I'm not sure what the best way is.

Thanks, SK (and Mowgli for the # approval).

Remove ads