[LPF] Rescue at Boar's Ridge

hemera

Explorer
Trying her best (and failing a bit) not to laugh at the sight of Dolgrin sitting astride the fallen necromancer, Reianne heads over to try and shake the sleeping southener awake. "Come on, up we go hun."

Qik

First Post
Mesem purses his lips. "I do not wish to be contentious, but I see no reason to risk further harm by staying here. Perhaps Grimspiller's machinations will not present a threat without him. Perhaps they will. But either way, I believe it would be wise to at least get a bit of travel in, to put some distance between ourselves and this fort, rather than stay the night in a place we know to harbor dangerous foes."

[sblock=OOC]I would be pretty loathe to stay the night in the fort, especially with our mission accomplished. SK, what time of day is it? Even if it's well into the night, I think it'd be wise to put some distance between us and the fort.

Thanks for the suggestion, jk. It does seem reasonable: he's lawful, he's done what was asked of him, show's over. Again, OOC, my preference would be to head back to town.[/sblock]

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +8
HP: 16/16 real + 16/20 temporary
AC: 21 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 20)
AC: +2 vs evil
CMB: +6 CMD: 17
Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
Saves: +2 vs evil

Natural Weapons:Bite (+6, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (on feet) (+7, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 18/18 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +1 CMD: 11
Fort: +3 Ref: +1 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: Nodachi: +6, 1d10+6, 18-20/x2

Summon Monster I: 3/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 0/3

Active Magic:
Mage Armor - 0/2 hours
Protection from Evil - 17 rounds remaining
[/sblock]​

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It is about 10pm. The sun has gone down. Using sunrods, you should be able to lead the blind dwarf back to where you stashed your horses for the night before you are too tired to go on.

Has someone officially killed off Grimspiller? And made sure? Necromancers are pretty good at looking dead. :p

Is the spell book being kept, burned or sold? I goofed and made it more valuable that it should be by a long shot. It skews the rest of the treasure I need to figure out. If it is being kept, I think I will have to "damage" some of the pages in it to get it down to one person's share. If it is sold, then it makes nice gold that is easy to distribute.

The answer on what treasure you find is dependent on the fate of the spellbook. That was his only spellbook. He had to hide it in the lethal trap just so the goblins wouldn't destroy it and mutiny.

If people want to just race back to the DWI, I can story board the rest and wrap it up fairly quickly. You don't have to face any more dangers if you run away now. That also slims out the treasure. But then again, currently you will be about mid second level, with almost enough money to buy a +1 weapon if we wrap up now. Dolgrin needs a visit to a temple to get fixed. With what's left, you wouldn't make it to third level if you mopped up everything.

Was it fun? This is my first time as a GM for PbP. My descriptions of scenes are not as long as others, but I think I got the fun across. [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Let's say, "Last chance for anyone to stop Mesem from killing Grimspiller." Otherwise, he kills him until it's clear he's dead. Mesem doesn't want a thought-to-be-dead necromancer showing up a few levels later. :p

It was very fun. I thought between the maps, the descriptions, the characterizations, it was very immersive. You kept a great pace, never allowing it to languish, which I really appreciated. When we set out with a group of 7, I thought keeping things rolling was going to be very hard to do. But we achieved the impossible. :)

To offer something more useful than praise, there were times when I felt lost within the space. We were able to move free about the fort pretty early on, and I found it hard to keep track of where we'd seen doors, where we'd been, etc etc, over the time span in which we were playing. I'm not sure if that's something that could have been helped, and you were great about offering up clear maps, but still, there were times that I had missed things (I had no idea the "kitchen" was on the second floor until in fact it was).

That's not a great description, perhaps: I had an early work day today, so I am wiped. But I wanted to mention it.

I look forward to seeing you run a game with more social interaction, only because I enjoyed those parts of the adventure.

Probably Menik's call on the spell book. Don't think anyone else has use for it.[/sblock]

possum

First Post
"It's nae funny!" Dolgrin calls out as he hears the chuckling of one of the female party members. "And what in the hells do we do with him?"

[sblock=OOC]I've enjoyed this game a lot and I hope that I'll be able to play with you all again soon.[/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra gives a knowingly nod at Mesem to do what it must be done. "I'll set the corpses on fire. Maybe the whole place will burn down with it." she says hopefully. In her point of view, the fort has been tainted with the undead presence and feels that will only attract more trouble. "Lem, Menik, will you help me out to gather all the weapons we found? That would at least give us enough for a nice meal back in Venzah"

She will try to find a sack or a bag big enough to put the stuff there. She also takes the bows from the skeletons they killed earlier (we seem to pass them up when we entered).

Once that's done and Grimspiller corpse with the rest of the pile, she will lit a fire to get rid of them if no one says otherwise.

[sblock=OOC]Well, it seems we are heading out. I would have loved to check the other rooms downstairs and see what the hungry one was lol. [/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I'm fine with leaving now that the job is done, but I think some members of the party may have moral issues with leaving 'the hungry one' and whatever else to die here. We also should grab the goblin before we go.

What Menik plans to do with the spellbook is to copy the spells that seem more useful into his own spellbook, and then sell the book. (A wizard can prepare spells from another's book, but not reliably.) In particular:

level 1: Corrosive Touch, Shield, Detect Undead, Cause Fear, Chill Touch, Sculpt Corpse, Ray of Enfeeblement, Interrogation, Ray of Sickening

level 2: False Life, Blindness, Flaming Sphere, Book Ward, Resist Energy, Stone Call, Summon Monster II, Summon Swarm, Create Treasure Map, Burning Gaze, Spontaneous Immolation, Command Undead, Ghoul Touch, Spectral Hand, Unshakeable Chill

Based on the standard cost to borrow a spellbook, copying these spells would have a value of 5 gp per 1st level spell, 20 gp per 2nd level, for a total of 9 x 5 + 15 x 20 = 345 gp. It will also cost him twice that to then write the spells into his book, for a total treasure value of 1035 gp.

He would also like to keep the pearl of power (1000 gp), which would bring his take to just under the cost of a +1 weapon, which should be about right.

I've enjoyed playing with all of you and SK you did a great job of keeping it interesting and keeping the pace up. I expect we'll all 'meet' again in future LPF games.[/sblock]

hemera

Explorer
"A nice meal sounds like a good plan when we get back. I'm just happy this went off so well. No one got killed, we found our cat and there's one less necromancer out there. All in all a good job I'd say."

[sblock=ooc]
So shall we grab our prisoner, wave a fond goodbye to our fiery pile of corpses and hope this place burns along with the dead?

And it has been a blast, great writing and characterization and a great group of people here. Can't wait to play again with you all. ^.^
[/sblock]

Remove ads