• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Roaming Dead

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]By rearrange the marching order, do you mean where we started the last fight, or how we ended up? You're not being clear.

Really, I'm not too worried about it; the last order was good, so that seems to be a good general idea. Just keep the melee guys in the front.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
As soon as Maui sends light into the tomb beyond four zombies rush the party, one of them swings at Fulgrim, but misses just barely. Two others swing and connect with a devestating flurry of blows against Lumoi'es, even with the intervention provided by Eanos to protect the party it is not enough to prevent the Eidolon from being banished back to the plane from which it came. Then the fourth undead closes the gap left by the banished Lumoi'es and proceeds to pummel Taniwha.

[sblock=Map and Combat Information]
a146z4.jpg

Arianna's HP = 17 / 17 base + 11 Temp
Fulgrim's HP = 41 / 41
Davian's HP = 8 / 8
Eanos's HP = 23 / 23
Maui's HP = 13 / 13
Taniwha's HP = 7 / 16
Ni's HP = 16 / 16
Lumoi'es' HP = banished

=======

Unidentified Zombie / Zombie-like creature = Destroyed
Unidentified Zombie 1 @ -O,0
Unidentified Zombie 2 @ -O,1
Unidentified Zombie 3 @ -N,0
Unidentified Zombie 4 @ -N,1[/sblock]

GM: Party is up.

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna sidesteps behind the cat to get a clearer swing at the zombies and skewers the zombie in front of the cat.

[sblock=actions]Was going to do Kn Religion, but don't have it.:blush: 5' step to L0, skewer with longspear and no soft cover because the cat is short[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +1, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 4 days rations,
. . . . . . . . . . 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds,
. . . . . . . . . . 1 potion of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, 1 used
Loot chosen: MW Longspear (305 gp)
Carrying but unclaimed: MW chain shirt & MW agile half plate (encumbrance medium)

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Guidance, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 2/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider(d)
Channel Positive Energy: 7/day, 2 used 1d6 healing

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +11, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 17/11, Current AC: 19
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +3, Reflex +1, Will +6 . . Move 20'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
MW Longspear +5, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spare MW Longspear +5, d8+4 with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Jolt +2, d3, RTA spell
Active Enhancements: Mage Armor (0.9 hours)
In hand: longspear[/sblock][sblock=Info for next time]A) Fulgrim, Arianna and Lu all have darkvision, so we could have seen into the room before the light spell went off.
B) Normal eidolons disappear at -CON if their master doesn't sacrifice HP. Synthesist eidolons poof at zero in contrast. (Yep, so many rules.) So, Lu would be unconscious if damage was from 12-23. If Ni sacrifices HP as an out of turn free action, Lu could survive even greater blows.[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Offer earlier for Lu to carry the armor: The new armor was 55# and would have slowed him or me either way. So, I kept it on Teq.[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: Okay I will allow Lu to not have been banished and thus Taniwha not to have been attacked should Ni wish to sacrifice HP to keep him around. Though keep in mind that series of blows was lethal enough to do damage to put him into negative hit points exceeding his constitution score by 2 points. Not sure whether that requires Ni to contribute 2 extra HP for those 2 extra damage, but I think that means he needs to contribute 14 HP to get Ni to consciousness and at least 1 HP to get him stabilized. Though if only 1 HP Lu will be unconscious and prone, with 14 Lu will be conscious though prone.

Also it should be noted that this was not a surprise round, this was a full on combat round, the party just failed to beat the zombie's initiative roll.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Don't have time to do a proper post at the moment, but Ni'll sacrifice enough HP to keep Lu at at least 1. I'll decide exactly how much when I do a full post. I take it Lu was knocked down to -4? Or was it-2?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads