• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Roaming Dead

jbear

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I've read and for the most part understood what is going on but as the retcon directly effects Taniwha and the zombie position on the map especially I'm going need a recap on what actually has happened, and who is where now.

For the zombie to get to N1 with Lu still at NO doesn't that provoke an opportunity attack from Lu?. Even if they beat our initiative? I'm still learning a lot of the PF rules, so this would be a good thing to know.
[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I am afraid that it does not provoke an attack of opportunity as it was considered a charge action which never provokes an attack of opportunity. I will allow an attack of opportunity from Taniwha on the one that attacked him if you wish should Qik opt not to heal Lu.

The consideration currently on the table is whether or not to heal Lu with the Summoner's ability, as Lu just was attacked 4 times, though only 3 of them connected, these 3 connecting attacks would be enough to bring him down to the equivalent of negative 15 hit points which is 2 points in excess of his constitution score. Ni's options at the moment are as I understand the rules, to reduce his hit points by at least 1 so that Lu is stabilized, and at most 15 so that Lu is at 2 hit points, the latter would leave Ni with 1 hit point, the former would leave Lu at risk for further attacks.

If Lu is revived this way I would restore the game state to just before the fourth zombie moved into range of Taniwha and attacked him, so as to allow Lu to resume his position on the board as if he had not been dismissed. This being because an enemy can not enter the same space as an one of the PC's squares or one of the PC's allies squares unless that Enemy is small or larger and the PC is of tiny or smaller size, etc...[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I've already said Ni will sacrifice enough HP to have Lu not be banished. So retcon it like you said, DC.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Ni watches as Lu is beset by the undead. Although it pains him, he decides against transferring his lifeforce into the eidolon: the damage just seems too great. He watches with a tinge of sadness as Lu first shimmers, then evaporates, even though he knows the dismissal is only temporary.

Stepping backwards, the normally-jovial gnome's expression is one of grim determination. "That's it," he says, "I've had enough of you!" His hands flit in a complicated gesture, and a skim of magical grease appears under the quartet of zombies.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Jbear does have a point. If it was a charge, I don't see how the zombie could get to N1, since in the text for a charge, it specifies that the charger "must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent (which would be O1). To be honest, however, I'm fine to just leave it - this has become way more of a pain than it should be, so let's just move on from here.

With that in mind, Ni'll just let Lu be banished.

Actions: Ni moves to K,-1, Casts Grease in the square where the zombies are (N&O 0&1 (DC 15 Reflex or they're knocked prone).

Just a bit of advice: if they're all prone when Eanos is up, probably best to have him cast Disrupt Undead, due to the extra -4 to ranged attacks when prone.
[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 1/3

Eidolon: Unsummoned
HP: -15/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Technically the three undead whom actually charged the party each met the requirements for a charge so long as they each made their charge actions in a specific order instead of doing so simultaneously or randomly. Further I agree this ended up being more hassle than it is was worth, for which I apologize. Also this will be my last post until midnight CST tomorrow.

Of the Zombie's two are knocked prone, two are not. Eanos prepares a spell to target one of the undead that was knocked prone, the same one that Arianna just skewered. The spell hit's its mark and proceedes to do not very much more than Arianna has already done.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim slashes out at the zombie nearest him.

[sblock=OOC]

Power Attack -- 1d20+7=25
Damage -- 1d12+7=18

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--
Rage: 6/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack
[/sblock]

Treasure
1 potion of CLW

[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: To answer jbear's question the Zombie's in -N,0 and -O,1 have been knocked prone. That means the one next to Taniwha is prone, as is the one just beyond Fulgrim's reach. Also Fulgrim's attack was able to destroy the one in -N,1.

Fulgrim's attack is enough to destroy the Zombie that he had attacked, which is surprising as the other zombie was able to shrug off a large portion of Arianna's attack.

jbear

First Post
Taniwha reacts with fury at the zombie that has wounded him and now dropped at his feet.

Maui moves around behind his cat and brings his scimitar towards the downed zombie but strikes instead the hard floor. With a growl he orders his cat to heel, stepping away from danger.

[sblock=Actions] Sigh ...

Taniwha: Full round attack vs downed zombie and then 5ft step back from danger. I'm guessing 15 is enought to hit a zombie? If so that is 2 dmg from bite +3 dmg from claw = 5 dmg

Maui moves to M-2 avoiding OAtks and attacks downed zombie (Dice have gone very cold for me)

Maui gets OAtk if he stands up right?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads