[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Iraznog's priest assesses the situation quickly, and decides that his blade will be better for chasing down giant flitting mosquitoes than his flail. Even as he's pulling the great falchion from its scabbard at his side, he's combing through his memory to come up with facts about these particular foes. In the meantime, he purses his lips and focuses his will, letting out a piercing whistle heard only by the creature closest to him.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Absolutely nothing wrong with an old school map! Easy to read, does the job perfectly!

Knowledge Check (1d20+5=11)[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Fobok

First Post
Joren blinks, looking surprised at the swarm of creatures that is attacking them, but he mumbles a few words under his breath and the air around him momentarily shimmers. Then, reaching back he pulls out his crossbow.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard Action: Cast Mage Armour
Move Action: Draw crossbow
[/sblock]

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2

Claws rounds remaining: 6/6

Level 1 spells remaining: 3/4

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Crossbow Bolts remaining: 20

Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armour (+4 AC), Bless (+1 to attack/saves vs fear)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Still Taking Init Rolls]Still giving Wahyu and Mystie a chance to roll initiative, due to long weekend. I didn't mean to imply you all were up, yet. There is a good chance critters will have the initiative.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stable]Each of the thinner walls in the stable drawing is a low wall. There is a large door in the front of each stall, to the outside, and a smaller one in the back, to the access hall.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section][sblock=Init][/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 5 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Initiative Finished]OK, we have the initiative in and the flying monsters have won. It was relatively close, particularly with Mystie's strong finish. Tonight I will update with what happened, and I will resolve as many player actions as possible, unless the monsters have made the action nonsensical, in which case I'll let that player know and accept a corrected action.

This is a larger group for me than my first game, so I'll try to be more clear when it's your turn to act. Once we get in the 'you guys go, they go, you guys go, etc' mode, we'll be fine. :)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Round 1

The flying monsters swarm the group of heroes, the hum of rapidly beating wings gets louder as they descend:

- One heads to Mystie, but is stopped in its tracks by the alert Bubba, who snatches it from the air and thrashes the 1 foot long creature back and forth until it stops moving, dropping it to the ground, both wings grotesquely bent.

- Two head for Cruendithas, one burned by the acid spell he threw as the nasty critters cleared the rooftop. One connects, barbed legs holding it onto the gnome as it sticks it's nasty straw-like proboscis in deep and starts gulping blood.

- One flits around Hawk, but with little effect--the nimble halfling avoids the creature, leaving it suspended only a foot or two above her head for counterattack.

- Wahyu and Joren are not so lucky, and one of the nasty blighters attaches itself to each of them, immediately beginning a rather nourishing blood draw from their respective victims.

- The last two approach the mounted Dunkel, and Rawhide takes it upon himself to defend himself and his rider. However, Rawhide's back-kick misses, and both creatures find their marks, sinking long proboscis into both horse and rider. For his part, Rawhide does not kick Dunkel out of the saddle, but reaches around with his head and tries to pull the nasty monster off himself by mouth, but with no success.

As they begin to gorge themselves on blood, the little monsters turn darker red in color, and their victims lose a little color. Although, with Wahyu, it's kinda hard to tell. In the background, the shouting has spread to other areas of the stables, and you hear a distinct, "Get it off me get it off me ahhhh!" from around the stable you are in front of. Inside the stable, huge land-bound birds cry out as they peck at the flying monsters, a few have attacked, and at least one is pulled off and crushed in the powerful beak of the exotic mount.

Jonas is the first to respond, and with a piercing whistle that shatters the senses (and body) of the one that had bitten Joren. It falls from the young sorcerer, but not before having done some damage to his vitality. This left Joren to cast his armor spell and draw his crossbow for future use.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]This is my largest combat to date, so I'm getting used to this a bit as we go. Bear with me. Here we go:

Stirge 8: DEAD (mangled by Bubba)
Stirge 7: 5/5 hp
Stirge 6: 2/5 hp - Grappling Cruendithas
Stirge 5: 5/5 hp - Grappling Wahyu
Stirge 4: 5/5 hp
Stirge 3: 5/5 hp - Grappling Dunkel
Stirge 2: DOWN (mortally wounded by Jonas' whistle)
Stirge 1: 5/5 hp - Grappling Rawhide
AC/touch AC = 16 (12 while grappling)
CMD = 9

Mystie: 34/34 hp
Hawk: 26/26 hp
Wahyu: 14/14 hp, -1 CON, Grappled by Stirge 5
Cruendithas: 16/16 hp, -1 CON, Grappled by Stirge 6
Dunkel: 10/10 hp, -1 CON, Grappled by Stirge 3
Joren: 10/10 hp
Jonas: 31/31 hp
(Rawhide: 13/13 hp, -1 CON, Grappled by Stirge 1
Note: Reductions in max hp due to CON loss are accounted for: Dunkel had a 15 CON so he didn't lose any max hp.

Player actions taken (done for now):
Jonas: Action resolved - a 'ringing' success!
Joren: Action resolved, mage armor cast, crossbow drawn

Player actions not taken (your turn to act):
Dunkel: You face a DC 14 concentration check to cast bless if you still wish to do that. You have a +4 to the roll, and would need a 10. You may alternatively perform any of the other actions allowed, at your discretion. See 'Grappled Condition' below.
Cruendithas: You face a CMB or escape artist vs DC 9 to escape the Stirge and move as you've indicated. Also note the stable has rather large agitated birds in it and the stirges can fly in and out with apparent ease. You may also elect for another action--see 'Grappled Condition' below.
Wahyu: You are free to act, but see 'Grappled Condition' below.
Hawk: You are free to act without restriction.
Mystie: You are free to act without restriction.

This should get everyone straight. Once again, sorry for the confusion.[/sblock]

[sblock=Grappled condition]Both the grappler and the victim take -4 Dex, -2 attack rolls, -2 CMB checks (except to grapple or escape). May make no action requiring two hands. May not move. Spellcasting requires concentration check, DC=10+grappler's CMB+spell level.

When grappled, you may escape with CMB or escape artist check against the grappler's CMD (they have a 9) and then act normally. You may also try to grapple the grappler, allowing you to control the grapple. And you can also make one-handed actions, such as taking a weapon and attacking the grappler. More information on Grapple can be found pg 201 of Core Rulesbook.[/sblock]

[sblock=Knowledge Check by Jonas]These are Stirges--more or less giant mosquitos. The two most important things--First, they drain blood and ensuing life essence, making healing difficult. Second, they are filthy, and sometimes carry diseases that they can transmit through their 'bite'.[/sblock]

MAP COMING SOON

Aura

Explorer
StablesR1.png

[sblock=Notes]Lettered flightless birds (large grey circles) A-C, and more stirges (small red squares) A-E. Birds are fighting back and one has killed a stirge already.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
As one of the flying insects attaches itself to Cruendithas he panics a moment as he tries to shake it off but is unsuccessful as the large insect drains his blood.

[sblock=revised actions]
activate Archaeologist's Luck
CMB to break grapple 1D20-1 = [4]-1 = 3
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 18
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 5/6
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel gasps in pain and tries to tear the grappled stirge off of his body. "Stirges! They had to be stirges!"

OOC: 1d20+2=12, not a great roll but I'll take it considering the last two 1s I rolled. So far this character has been unlucky for me. I roll two 1s, and now I am up against stirges in his first encounter. Those critters are the only monsters from the original game that still give me the creeps as a player.

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
Dunkel Metzgerei the 1st level Dwarven Cleric
AC: 18, Flat-Footed: 17, Touch: 11
HPs: 10/10
Init: +3
CMB: +2
CMD: 13
Fort: +5, Reflex: +2, Will: +6
Speed: 20 feet
Battleaxe: Attack: +2 = [BAB (0) + Ability (2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, Special: S