• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Dunkel seems to be OK, we're good out here.

Jonas rushes into the stable, vaulting the low wall as though it weren't even there. His great falchion comes around in a mighty overhand swing, shearing through the stirge attacking one of the winged mounts.

He turns, preparing to run to the next stall - or back outside if he hears a call for help from his allies.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls][/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Round 2 Midround Update

Joren summons his magic and, stepping in towards Dunkel, zaps the stirge currently draining the dwarf's life away. It doesn't quite fall, but instead releases it's death-grip, as if its as trying to prepare to move on.

[sblock=Minor Correction]Joren 'only' (it was still a great hit) reduced the stirge to 0 hp, which doesn't quite remove it from the combat. Instead, it places very heavy restrictions on what it can do, or face a loss of 1 hp, and then dropping.

Reminds me of ROUS 2, when one of the more vicious rats (OK, the most vicious rat) was at 0 hp and went for it anyway, mortally wounding Hawk in the process before it expired on the floor. In fact, Hawk is with us today because she had a healer, and the rat… did not.[/sblock]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk quickly looks around and sees that the closest enemy is attacking a large bird. So she moves into position, gracefully clearing the low wall with ease, and swings with a particularly good hit. The stirge becomes stirge jam in an instant.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
Move Action: Move to N-9
Acrobatics: 30
Attack Action: 25 to hit; 17 to confirm, 18 to damage (doubled due to critical)

Rolls:
Acrobatics check: 1D20+12 = [18]+12 = 30
Attack roll on stirgeE: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
Critical comfirm on stirgeE: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
Damage roll on stirgeE: 1D10+3 = [6]+3 = 9[/sblock]
[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +3 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 8/8[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Bubba, bite the other bug!" Bubba circles around a bit and tries to bite the other bug bothering Cruendithas. He just misses the little creature. Mystie tries to shock it, but is also unable to hit the quick little bug.
[sblock=Actions]Bubba: 5' to N12, bite attack on stirge 6 (1d20+3=14) missed
Mystie: move action, direct Bubba, std: Ranged Touch Jolt on stirge 6 (1d20+1=10) missed
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 5 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, used on Cruendithas
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas watches as Bubba and Mystie attempt to eliminate the stirge that is still pestering him. As their attempts fail he again recites the chant to bring forth an acid blob and flings it at the irritating bug plastering it with burning acid. "Ha take that!" He yells at the bug.

[sblock]
acid blob 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20 damage 1D3 = [3] = 3
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 16/16 -1 CON
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 4/6
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Seeing the damage Joren dealt, the shaken Dunkel gives him a quick word of thanks before going for a straight punch to the creature's side.

OOC: I didn't want to swing an axe at myself, so I am going to try to deal a point of damage to the stirge via fisticuffs. Rolled only to see if I hit and got a 10.

1d20+2=10

Aura

Explorer
Round 3 Stables Battle

Shouts and calls continue from other parts of the stables area as the group works to battle off the stirges in their immediate vicinity. No longer can specific concentrations of the flying beasts be seen--they have either engaged in combat or flitted out of sight.

Few of the blood sucking creatures remain in sight: one is slowly flying upward and away from Dunkel after taking a serious electrical burst of energy from Joren, one falls to the ground after a second acid blob hits it from Cruendithas, and two stirges inside the stable are splattered by mighty blows from Jonas and Hawk, ingested blood flying as they are cut apart in mere seconds. One of the flightless birds helps itself, beak digging into its attacker and crushing it, leaving only one left drawing blood.

Having been freed of nasty vermin, the two exotic mounts seem rather agitated and frightened, but neither take aggressive action against Jonas or Hawk. The bird in one of the center stalls is preoccupied with pecking the blighter on it's back… unsuccessfully.

As one of the stirges flies away in fear, Wahyu unlimbers his crossbow and loads it. However, as he brings the weapon to his shoulder to aim, the bug slips beneath the roofline and out of sight.

Through the open door of the stable (to the north), Jonas and Hawk hear a thud, as if a sack of potatoes was dropped to the ground from waist height. Cruendithas hears it as well, although very faintly.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Stirge 6 falls to ground.
Stirge 3 shifts one square upward (still in reach).
Stirge 5 disappears over the roofline.

Stirge 8: DEAD (mangled by Bubba)
Stirge 7: DEAD (bisected by Hawk)
Stirge 6: DOWN (more acid from Cruendithas)
Stirge 5: 5/5 hp (location unknown)
Stirge 4: DEAD (Bubba's second victim)
Stirge 3: 0/5 hp (shocked by Joren and flying upward slowly)
Stirge 2: DOWN (mortally wounded by Jonas' whistle)
Stirge 1: DEAD (cleaved by Dunkel)
AC/touch AC = 16 (12 while grappling)
CMD = 9

Mystie: 34/34 hp
Hawk: 26/26 hp
Wahyu: 14/14 hp, -1 CON
Cruendithas: 16/16 hp, -1 CON
Dunkel: 9/9 hp, -2 CON, Grappled by Stirge 3
Joren: 10/10 hp
Jonas: 31/31 hp
(Rawhide: 13/13 hp, -1 CON)

Whole Party May Move

Notes:
(1) Reductions in max hp due to CON loss are accounted for.
(2) A -4 penalty applies for Cruendithas shooting the stirge under attack from Bubba (sans Precise Shot), but he hit anyway.
(3) I would have not had any problems if Dunkel had tried to axe his stirge to death, even if attached.
(4) In the interest of keeping things moving, I called the round to a close and let the monsters move. I had Wahyu draw and load his crossbow with his action. I hope that is acceptable.[/sblock]

[sblock=updated map]StablesR3.png[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas hurdles the stile into the adjacent stable and moves quickly around the beaked mount. He takes a swing at the stirge on the bird's back, but the thing's panicky movement as it jerks around trying to peck its attacker pulls the stirge out of reach for a moment. The thumping sound from through the northern door registers, and he shouts out to the sword slinger in the next stall, "I've got this one, Hawk . . . go see what fell to the ground through that door, eh?"

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
  • Move: to I9
  • Standard: Swing and a Miss vs. Stirge C
[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Fobok

First Post
Joren quickly glances to his crossbow and then lowers it, raising a hand to point at the fleeing stirge that had bit Dunkel. He mutters something as he points and a ray of icy particles shoots from his finger... and misses the fleeing stirge by a large margin.

[sblock=OOC]Ray of Frost ranged touch attack: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

I'm not actually sure if I should have taken any penalties for shooting at such short range. I'd offer to reroll with modifiers as necessary, but I can't do much worse than I already did there. ;)
[/sblock]

*edited to fix my shortcode.

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk nods upon hearing Jonas and quickly moves through the open door to the north, once again easily clearing another low wall along the way.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Move Action: Double move to J-4.
Acrobatics: 27

Rolls:
Acrobatics check: 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27[/sblock]
[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +3 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 8/8[/sblock]

Remove ads