• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Forward Bubba!" As Mystie gets to the doorway and can see inside the stalls as well, she calls upon Mother Rabbit, "Heal!" A small wave of good energy flows over the people in the area but seems to break and go around the red mega mosquitoes.
[sblock=Actions]Bubba: move to J5
Mystie: immediate: move action, direct Bubba, std: Selectively Channel Positive Energy (1d6=1) skipping F,G,H,J
OOC: I know it is ineffectual, by Mystie doesn't and would try.[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 5 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 4 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, used on Cruendithas, Joren,
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
Stables Battle Round 4 Update

[sblock=Hawk's Attack of Opportunity and Players Left to Act]Hawk was greater than 5 feet from the stirge when it made the retreat action. The only one who might be eligible for a AoE would be Dunkel, since he shared the square with it, but his last attack action was unarmed so I didn't think his axe was out.

Speaking of which, Dunkel may act, then we'll move to resolutions and monster actions.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Hawk's Attack of Opportunity and Players Left to Act]Hawk was greater than 5 feet from the stirge when it made the retreat action. The only one who might be eligible for a AoE would be Dunkel, since he shared the square with it, but his last attack action was unarmed so I didn't think his axe was out.

Speaking of which, Dunkel may act, then we'll move to resolutions and monster actions.[/sblock]

[sblock=Confused]I was going by your description of what they were doing:
Stirge K withdraws.
All other stirges drink more blood. All but C end grapple at the end of their turns--C continues to feed.
It appears to me that they have not had a chance to retreat yet since they just ended the grapple at the end of their turn. Did I miss something?[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Tailspinner]I suspect you may be treating all of the stirges behind the building as essentially equivalent. While four of them are indeed feeding off victims, and have to remain grappled until the end of any action in which they feed (because that's when the CON damage happens). However, the one that withdrew was specifically described as already being detached from any victim in post 143 (open the sblock for the mention.) Does this clarify the situation?[/sblock]

PS: Dunkel may move, then it's the Stirges' turn. Well, the surviving ones, anyway.

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Tailspinner]I suspect you may be treating all of the stirges behind the building as essentially equivalent. While four of them are indeed feeding off victims, and have to remain grappled until the end of any action in which they feed (because that's when the CON damage happens). However, the one that withdrew was specifically described as already being detached from any victim in post 143 (open the sblock for the mention.) Does this clarify the situation?[/sblock]

[sblock=figured it out]I wasn't referring to the fleeing stirge from this round. I was referring to any stirges that would be fleeing this next round. I was attacking F. So, assuming I killed that one, G would be the one I would AoO.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=AoO and Update Tonight]I'll be doing some end of round update, probably tonight.

As far as the AoO issue with Hawk goes, I see what is intended, now. And it could happen, although retreat actions can be used to partially alleviate the threat of AoO's.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=AoO and Update Tonight]...although retreat actions can be used to partially alleviate the threat of AoO's.[/sblock]

[sblock=Retreat]That is true for normal size things but these things are Tiny size. Different rules apply for movement with Tiny or smaller things. ;)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Stables Battle Final

As the din of buzzing wings and shouting starts to fade all across the stables, The group closes in on the remaining stirges and victims, trying to save the hapless workers from the blood-sucking vermin. Blobs of flying acid and crossbow bolts do not seem to find their marks, but Hawk manages to step up and slice one of the blood-gorged giant insects, parts of it dropping to the ground at her feet.

Dunkel dismounts from Rawhide, who promptly decides step away from the stirge-stablehand mess. The dwarf then draws his axe and steps up to the stirges, ready to do them harm at the first opportunity.

The remaining outside stirges seem to have gotten enough blood, and begin to beat a hasty retreat. Hawk and Dunkel seem determined to not let them go without any parting shots. Free of their victims and able to maneuver, one manages to avoid Hawk's great sword. However, Dunkel's grit and determination come through for him as he manages to finish off the wounded one with a solid swing from his battle-axe.

Meanwhile, inside, the bird-creature fidgets and strikes at the creature drawing his blood, but can't seem to pull it off himself. It's terribly frightened, but recognizes the bug as more a threat than the giant half orc. As the dirty vermin continues to draw blood, Jonas lines up a careful shot and slices it away from the terrified bird.

Activity across the entire stables complex continues to die down. The lizard folk does not move, but the human breathes--fitfully.

[sblock=combat actions]In order to move things along, I had Dunkel dismount, draw his axe, and shift into the square with stirges H and J.

Stirge Actions:
Stirge G attempts to withdraw (first square-the protected move-is E3), but Hawk is in his square. So the first square of movement is safe, but the second is not, and she gets her AoO on it. However, at AC 16, Hawk doesn't get the hit. It continues a little further west before flying over the building.
Stirge J attempts to withdraw (first square-the protected move-is H3), but Dunkel is in his square. So Dunkel gets an AoO just as above. He hits, and kills the wounded stirge.
Stirge H attempts to withdraw (first square-the protected move-is H3). Dunkel is out of AoO's, and the first square of movement rule of withdraw protects it from Hawk. It continues north and over the building.
Stirge C continues to draw blood from the giant bird, only to have its life suddenly ended by a mighty blow from Jonas. Sputch.

You are now all in free movement and role-play.

Notes:
(1) This basically clears out the immediate area. The lizard folk seems beyond any help, but the human still breathes.
(2) As noted, Hawk did indeed get the AoO on the stirge trying to leave her square, because the second square of movement was not protected.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Give him some room folks. He'll soon be a goner!" Despite the odds of success looking grim, Dunkel still attempts to save the lizardman with a spell. He couldn't forgive himself if he didn't at least try.

OOC: Cure Light Wounds on the lizardman.
1d8+1=8

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Looks beyond our help." Cruendithas looks on in an unapproving way as Dunkel attempts to heal the lizardman. He understands Dunkels need to try but can not bring himself to care for the Lizardman. It just is not in him. Rather he wonders at Dunkel wasting time that could be better spent helping the human worker. "Can we move this one somewhere that he will be more comfortable until proper help arrives? Perhaps in one of the stables." He moves to grab the man under the shoulders expecting someone to grab his feet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads