• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"These two got trapped alone when a swarm of stirges flew in. I have mended the wounds, but the vitality of this one has almost been completely drained. You need to call an elder healer and bring him here. It is possible this man could survive a cart ride to a temple, but it also possible he might not. Bringing a more accomplished healer to him is the best course of action."
[sblock=Actions]Bubba:
Mystie: talk[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 5 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 4 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, used on Cruendithas, Joren,
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas checks on Penelope to ensure she has none of the large bugs attached to her and rubs her head whispering a few words of comfort.as Mystie gives a good account of the stablehand in need of help he just listens and continues to give attention to Penelope.

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 16/16 -1 CON
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 2/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 4/6
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Confronted with the news about the stablehands, the man who just recently rented you horses and ponies, Jaycus, becomes immediately agitated. Heading to the victims, he explains, "Well, if it was Douglas perhaps he was referring to…"

Turning the corner of the stable, Jaycus is confronted with the sight of his dead and dying employees. Intellectually understanding it was coming didn't prepare him, he stops, and barely gets out, "His friend, Stersissk."

Jaycus' two cohorts look on in shock as he kneels and asses the situation, listening patiently to Mystie's recommendations as he does. The younger of the two hangs back, seemingly afraid to get any closer, but the older, a dark haired and bearded gentleman, steps forward, "Boss, what should we do?"

With the initial shock passing, Jaycus responds with measured, even words, "I agree with Miss Thissiledew, here--Douglas is not well enough to move without risk. Go to the temples; Cortesia will probably treat a plea for help most favorably. Let them know we had a Stirge swarm and have a man down with loss of essential vitality and potential disease, and he is unable to move so they will need to come here. Then lead them back here." When the man doesn't turn on heel immediately and head the other way, Jaycus adds with a certain amount of anger in his voice, "Now, go!"

When the younger stable-hand gets Jaycus' attention with his uneasy milling about, the senior stable hand adds, "Make yourself useful and get a couple blankets." The boy promptly scampers off, leaving the Jaycus in silence.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Wahyu shouldered his crossbow and walked back to the others. The smell of blood and rancid decay was strong, but even his large nostrils could seemingly take it. He nodded to Jaycus when he arrived, "I apologize, we did all we could, where we could."

He stared over the horizon from where the mosquitos came, "It seems that rats aren't the only vermin problem here..."
[sblock=OOC]Fortitude (1d20+1=14)[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]
wayangavi_zpsd834477b.png

Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: 0 CMD: 12
Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+4, 1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: -
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

Fobok

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry! I missed an update email. Unfortunately, I'm heading to bed, but I'll post when I get up.

I am making my Fort save now, though (at +1 instead of +2, since I'm assuming Joren did take con damage/drain in the first round of the fight, based on his HP listed in the combat summaries.. if he didn't, add 1 to the result):

Fort Save: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The half-orc watches in silence as one of the fallen makes the transition to his next life, and the other rests and awaits his fate. A bushy eyebrow quirks upward at Wahyu's observation. "Aye, it could be that this attack is related to the larger rat problem into which we've been asked to look. Time will tell, I suppose, about that."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Jaycus breaks from his quiet reverie at speculations on what might be going on with the flying vermin, "Stirges live around low lying bodies of water, particularly where the water moves very little. There's a lot of places where they frequent in the environs around Venza. From time to time, they swarm, usually as part of a seasonal mating behavior, giving us a bit of problem here in the stables. However, I wouldn't have expected it today, nor is it common to lose people in the process. Like the rat activity, as of late, it is quite strange." The senior stable-hand sits down and waits patiently with his underling. Now clearly delirious, the victim mumbles a few other things too difficult to make out, breathing a bit unevenly as he does.

[sblock=Clarification]Only people that went further into the stables area to help drive off the last of the stirges had to make a Fort save… although nobody has missed it one way or another.[/sblock]
[sblock=Grapple Correction]Escaping a grapple is a standard action, which means I made an error in the players' favor. Although I will do my best to run grapples correctly if it comes up again, no corrections of events that have already happened will be made.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel strokes his beard, then says, "So it would seem that something is able to stir up vermin like the stirges. If it is related to the rat incidents, then whatever is doing this has a wider range of control than first thought."

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

The battle at last complete, Hawk merely stands around waiting for the signal that the group would be moving on.
[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Actions:
None

Rolls:
None[/sblock][sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +3 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 8/8[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue stands around seeming helpless then seems suddenly shocked. He looks to Hawk, Wayhu and the others with I hope this is not true look to his face. "In the catacombs we found a very old evil magic that may have been placed there or perhaps it was a coincidence. After the item was dealt with it seemed the immediate rat problem was no more. Do you think there might be other items that are affecting the vermin in other areas?"

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 16/16 -1 CON
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 2/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 4/6
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads