• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Mystie watches intently as the priestess does her work. Soon she would be able to do the same, maybe in a year to two. But this man didn't have that year to wait. So, she just watched. Being of a different faith, she missed several key bits of the incantations to fully understand what was done.

Afterwards, having been a disappointment in her duties so far, Mystie is abnormally quiet as she gathers her things and fetches Bubba.

After climbing into the saddle, "Let's go." she says with a sigh.
[sblock=Actions]Bubba:
Mystie: Spellcraft (1d20+5=13) failed, gather things, mounts Bubba [/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 4 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 4 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, used on Cruendithas, Joren,
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue watches the proceedings with the interest of a story teller and how interesting it is to see a different type of magic do its work. Perhaps someday he could replicate the casting himself but with a little different twist as he does not channel the energy of the gods but spins his own type of magic with a bit of study, some bardic flare and a lot of practice.

Seeing the others mount up and getting ready to move on he does so also.

[sblock]
spellcraft check 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 16/16 -1 CON
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 2/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 4/6
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
The area is abuzz with activity directly following the healing as the group picks itself up and prepares to leave. For the most part, the humans care for the proper moving of Douglas and the lizard-folk care for the slain Stersissk. However, one of the lizard-folk, apparently older from the looks of him, moves with practiced ease through both groups of his own and groups of humans, apparently commanding camaraderie on both sides.

Once Stersissk has been loaded into a blanket and four stable-hands begin carrying him off, the elder lizard-folk steps before the group and speaks, "I am Skessiss. My son would thank you for coming to help. So, I thank you for him." He focuses his attention on Mystie, continuing, "I saw you help his friend, give medicine. If you ever need help, come ask."

With the act of getting mounts having turned into more of an adventure than anyone had ever anticipated, the group is now free to pursue it's own goals. The way out, although stinky, beckons. Alternatively, a short backtrack will take you to The Mystic Pearl, where you are promised a considerable sum of money.

[sblock=Spellcraft 12 or better]The entire ritual (20 minutes) seems to have been legitimately magical. However, this is obviously an inconvenient way of getting the same effect typically done in 6 or 18 seconds.
[sblock=Spellcraft 17 or better]The ritual contained themes and elements necessary for return of lost life force.
[sblock=Spellcraft 18 or better]The ritual also contained themes and elements necessary for the curing of diseases.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Does anyone need anything or healing after the stirge attack? I myself am ready to be on the road. I am ready to be gone from these stables."

Crue is mounted up and ready to go either way the group decides. Although feeling a bit ill after the stirge drained him. Hopefully nothing a nights rest wont cure he thinks as he looks for a response from everyone else before continuing.

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Responding to the elder lizardman, "I hope one day I will have the strength of soul to do what I could not today, and save another of your tribe." She bows slightly in respect, but is careful not to fall out of her saddle and add to her embarrassment.

After the lizardfolk have left, "Although I cannot cast the spells by myself yet, there are scrolls that would heal the kind of vitality damage that those men endured. I am guessing that writ could be traded in for several such scrolls. If we are heading out against this type of threat again, having something to deal with the aftermath would be good. I expect the Mystic Pearl would have them in stock. I would be able to use the scrolls to cast the spell."
[sblock=Actions]Bubba:
Mystie: wants to go shopping. [/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 4 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 4 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, used on Cruendithas, Joren,
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Well yes that may be a good idea. It is best to be as prepared as possible. I would not want my last thought to be why didn't we buy the scrolls. It is not the legacy I strive for."

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1

0 Lvl Spells:

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Ability Damage Healing]The scrolls Mystie mentions are pretty common and cost 150gp each for 1d4 pts of immediate Ability Damage Healing. Otherwise, it heals at 1 pt per day if you get 8 hours of rest (or 2 pts for a full day of rest.)[/sblock]

Fobok

First Post
Joren nods and says, "It's a good idea. I think I'll be fine with a bit of rest, but some of us got bit pretty hard during the fight. And besides, who knows if we might run into these creatures again, if they're swarming."

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry! This week has been so hectic I totally forgot to keep checking in. I'll try not to let it happen again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2

Claws rounds remaining: 6/6

Level 1 spells remaining: 2/4

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Crossbow Bolts remaining: 20

Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armour (+4 AC), Bless (+1 to attacks/saves vs fear)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"More healing is always a good thing to have, if we're to be prepared for whatever comes our way. Shall we go to the Pearl, then?"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Remove ads