[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Fobok

First Post
Joren obediently eases up, letting the horse do more of the work. "Names don't have to be original to be good." He pats the neck of the horse, smiling. Then he looks up and asks, "Is Midnight combat trained as well? And is he used to magic?"

To Mystie he answers, "I think we were going the more dangerous route? It does seem the easiest to navigate, and we've got a pretty large group, but I've never done anything like this before... I'm fine with whatever way we go."

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2

Claws rounds remaining: 6/6

Level 1 spells remaining: 4/4

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Crossbow Bolts remaining: 20

Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
With the arrival of three more newcomers, Jaycus calls by name for more mounts to be brought out. His underlings lead them out--a short, mottled stallion with a strong build named Rawhide for Dunkel, and a pair of grey ponies named Ridley and Piper, which seem to be a brother/sister pair.

Introducing each rider to their animals, Jaycus goes over the basics. "Rawhide is a bit stout for most, but he's experienced and I think you'll like him," he explains to Dunkel. Even without a specific eye for equines, it's pretty obvious that Rawhide is one of the elder of the bunch.

Bringing Hawk and Wahyu together, the head stablehand introduces them to Ridley and Piper. The wayang perks his interest, and Jaycus looks up and down the creature several times as he explains, "Only 20 gold, or 2 platinum, for the ponies. You can have Ridley or Piper here, and your friend the other."

Having people mount up, Jaycus' brow furrows a bit at Hawk's 'I know what I'm doing' attitude. "Fine," he says, eyes narrowing a bit, "If you think you know better, your business. Doesn't change your responsibility--you will bring my fine mounts back safe and sound or I'll be sending someone for them."

Joren's voice chimes in, breaking the moment of seriousness, and Jaycus shakes his head in response. "No, combat trained isn't the best way of saying it. Well, excepting Myrtle, who's had some previous experience." Myrtle suddenly snorts at that moment her name is mentioned. "A better way of saying it is they're pretty well broken in, used to people, and don't spook easily. In fact, it'd be best to keep them out of combat if you have the choice. As for magic, that all depends on what magic, just like people." Watching Joren again with a keen eye, Jaycus adds, "And that's better with the reigns, by the way."

With Mystie the least pre-occupied with working out her mount situation, Jaycus adds a quick question, "So, where are you all headed, today?"

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"South," Wahyu replied, pulling down his hood and grinning "To deal with a rat problem, but I can assure it you that it won't remain a problem long."
He stroked Ridley's muzzle, looking over the steed. "Could I have a little help with this? We did not have horses in my homeland, so I haven't the slightest idea how to work with him."

Aura

Explorer
Jaycus steps back and keeps an eye on things while one of his assistants assists Wahyu. In relatively little time, Wahyu has got the basics of mounting and dismounting, getting started, turning, and stopping with Ridley. The grey pony has a bit of reservation to his movements, but still proves easy to ride.

Walking amongst the group and giving out further riding tips, Jaycus comments, "Going south, you'll get past Venza's patrols in about a day's ride, less if you head inside the swamp. You don't wanna go in there, anyway." He thinks a moment, running his fingers through his hair. "Not that you have to leave Venza to fight rats, we got plenty here! Something odd about how many we've been seeing, too. Keeping the stables clear of them has been a real chore."

Looking over the progress the less experienced riders are making, Jaycus nods approvingly.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas mounts with only a little awkwardness and settles himself into the saddle. He takes the opportunity given by the others' riding lessons to move Myrtle around the field a little, getting the hand of guiding her. "OK, let's light this candle . . . the sooner we get started, the sooner these rats are dealt with and everyone can get back to business as usual. Though Venza's cats may not thank us . . ."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Everyone in the group seems to be getting along with their mounts when Jonas suggests it is time to go. Taking a queue from the big man, Jaycus mentions, "You can head back through town and then back out, or," he lifts a brown-sleeved arm and gestures to a large archway to the east, "you can cut through the stables, saving you almost a half hour."

A loud piercing screech can be heard precisely in the direction Jaycus just recommended, causing every equine to look in that direction with concern. Myrtle looks along with the rest, but upon seeing no threat, nickers and goes back to what she was doing. Ignoring the outburst, and the other horses and ponies still on edge, Jaycus nonchalantly adds, "And who doesn't want to save time, right?"

Fobok

First Post
Joren nods in agreement with Jonas, "I agree, let's get going." He looks to Jaycus and then reaches to pat Midnight's neck reassuringly after the screech, and asks, "Is this going to be some test in our ability to control these horses?" He looks to the more experienced members of their party, and says, "This is my first time out of the city, I'll follow whichever way you guys think is best."

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2

Claws rounds remaining: 6/6

Level 1 spells remaining: 4/4

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Crossbow Bolts remaining: 20

Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel nods in approval of Rawhide. "He looks set in his ways, seasoned and a notch on the tough side. Reminds me of some family members. I'm rearing to go myself. Let's get out there and dispense some much needed vermin extermination."

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'm just waiting for folks to decide how they wish to proceed. I don't want to make any unwarranted assumptions.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cruendithas' Pony]I'm sorry I didn't give you any details on this one: a white mare, with a mop of hair and mane, named Penelope. She's the smallest of the lot, including the brother/sister grey ponies. She's also one of the youngest, barely past being called a filly--3 years. Has a generally sweet personality and a strong affection for apples.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas tests his new pony with the others. "Penelope it is then." He gives her a pat on the neck before getting her moving in the direction Jaycus pointed out to them. "Does anyone have experience navigating outside the city? If not I suppose I can find our way."
[sblock]Should we decide on marching order? Crue would prefer to be in the center of the group if there is someone better able to take point. He does have good perception and bardic knowledge for geography might help?.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 18
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 6/6
[/sblock]

Remove ads