[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
Daylily moves out the door to find Darkchild playing with the other devil. With a skillful lunge from behind her, he brings the hammer down with a crushing blow. This devil too dissolves into wisps of smoke, leaving Daylily without a carcass to skin. That is unless he goes back to yesterday's conquest to get some leather for a loincloth.

[sblock=Frost]Made it through another battle. They seem keep coming, at almost regular intervals.[/sblock][sblock=Aradra]Okay, this is getting annoying. Every six hours, someone finds you. It's as if they didn't want you to get a full night's sleep.[/sblock][sblock=ooc]The darkgrey/black lines are walls, and the brown with metal rods at the top was a door. So, there wasn't a banister to leap over. BL7 would have put Daylily in the armory by himself with no one to play with because the wall was between him and the devil. So, I moved him around where he could do his thing. He does it so well.

The two devils are dead and went poof. Combat over.
Daylily still has a bleed condition from the vile glaive that struck him. Being an "Infernal Wound (Su)", it requires a DC 17 Heal check to stop the bleed condition. It also requires a DC16 caster level check on a healing spell in order for healing to work and dispel the Infernal Wound.

Relic: Intuition check (1d20+5=14)
Daylily: Intuition check (1d20+0=7)
Frost: Intuition check (1d20+0=15)
Aradra: Intuition Check (1d20+1=18)
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra rushes over towards the still bleeding Daylily, trying to stop it from getting worse. While applying pressure to the wound, he seems lost in thought over there most recent encounter.

Once confirming that the bleeding at least stopped, he turns to the rest of the party. "I have a bad feeling this is going to continue. These strikes are too precise to be a random encounter. Somone knows we are trying to rest, and is doing everything in their power to prevent that. "

[sblock=Actions]
Heal check to stop Daylily from bleeding out:
1d20+15=26
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"They will not be able to get through the door unless they send a wizard" Relic remarks stifling a yawn. He returns to the desk to study his spells and then closes the door as planned once all are inside, remarking that they should go and get Iosef. He moves the lock with his cantrip to lock it from the inside when all are within the room.

As he heads to bed Relic will notice Daylily's wound if no one is able to deal with it yet.

OOC: Relic only has a Caster Level of 1 with healing spells.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well, I for one need a good night's sleep, but I think it's going to take a little determination on our part to get it. This island appears set on not allowing us to rest. Those who've already gotten some rest, I'd suggest you take another nap. A few of us can hold the watch, and take our rest - however many shifts that requires - when you've finished."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Current Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 71/94
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Standard Block
HP: 94/94

Rage Block
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 124/124
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 119/119
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 01/09)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 01/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Spell: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 02/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 01/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 00/01)

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 3/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 3/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 2/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily attempts to wave off the attention. "This is only small cut, and only a little stings. We should just gets to the sleeping. There is the magic stick, if that will helping. Then I can make stand the watch so you can get the magics back."

Satin Knights

First Post
Aradra's attention was able to stop the wound from bleeding more. Relic's attention is wandering more towards the fluffy bed than the sturdy elf. He knows his friend doesn't worry about small scratches.

Frost's attention and prayers over the wound cause the black spider webs of decay to disappear and manage to break through the devil's influence. The wounds start closing up as they normally would.
[sblock=Kalinn]{{That wasn't too difficult to remove. The evil of the pit preys on the unprepared easily. Fortunately, we are not unprepared.}}[/sblock][sblock=status]Winterbite succeeded quite easily in dispelling the infernal wound so the rest could be healed normally. Without Aradra's input, things could have turned out quite different. Frost's wounds did not look the same, but still look filthy and needing some cleanup before infection sets in.

Door locked now. The devils would have greater teleported right in, except they didn't know the inside of the tower. So, they showed up outside and had to run up the stairs.

Relic laying down to sleep. He got his one spell into his new book safely before the ruckus started. Who else is sleeping or standing watch?

...81/87 -3 NL ~ AC 18 ~Daylily ~
...59/59 ~ AC 14+4 ~Relic ~ neutralize poison 0.3 hrs, Mage Armor 3.5 hrs, Resist Fire 3.5hrs, Sleeping this watch
...96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~
101/101 ~ AC 22+4 ~ Shadow ~ amulet inactive, Mage Armor 3.5 hrs, Resist Fire 3.5hrs
./.71/94 ~ AC 27 ~ Frost ~
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=SK]
How many hours till Aradra gets a full rest? if it is not long, he will sleep that long, and wake up and remain on watch till the others finish their nap.

Also, what time of the day is it?
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Status]Aradra, Shadow and Daylily have have 4 hours rest.
Frost and Relic have had zero. It is 7pm roughly. It takes "the rest of the hour" to get back to sleep due to the adrenaline rush. No one has a Timex (R) watch listed in their equipment, so you only get a guess. :p
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well, I for one need a good night's sleep, but I think it's going to take a little determination on our part to get it. This island appears set on not allowing us to rest. Those who've already gotten some rest, I'd suggest you take another nap. Relic and I can hold the watch, and take our rest - however many shifts that requires - when you've finished."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Current Block
HP: 71/94

Standard Block

Rage Block
HP: 124/124
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 119/119
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 01/09)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 01/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Spell: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 02/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 01/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 00/01)

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 3/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 3/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 2/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic nods. "I have more work to do. The truth is we are not in a rush. Sleep. While Kalinn watches I will study. Afterwards I will need my own rest if I am to be of any use. And then we will delve into the heart of this matter and stamp out the evil that has twisted our bodies."

[sblock=OOC] Relic will study his spells (1 hour right? -> Appx 8pm) and then scribe another spell into his spell book.
Rope Trick: 1 hour to study, 2 hours to scribe? = 3 hours -> 11 pm
And then we change the watch?

8 hours sleep for Relic and we are up and getting ready at 7am ... bright and early![/sblock]

Remove ads