[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel's vision is blurred by the pain she is feeling. She is still seriously injured and in need of some sort of medical attention. She looks to where she thinks Marcus is standing after hearing him speak and says "Y-yes, rest w-would be good." as she suddenly collapses in exhaustion, dropping her sword and looking as vulnerable as a new born baby. The sword for its part says "She needs medical attention, as quickly as possible." unfortunately the sword does not mention the threat that it poses to any of the others in the group.

[sblock=mini stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 33 // Current: 4
BAB: +3 CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +4 Will: +4

Current Weapon: Scimitar, Blackblade +6 (1d6 +3, Crit: 18-20/x2) // Special Qualities: INT 11 / CHA & WIS 7, Arcane Pool 1 / 1, Alertness, Blackblade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Ego (5)
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +6 (1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows
Tertiary Weapon Dagger +6 (1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range 10 feet

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
2/4 First Level Spells Remaining
0/2 Second Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14): Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, Mirror Strike
Second Level Spells (DC 15): Invisibility, Scorching Ray
Arcane Pool: 3/4[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
The elf's injuries seem to snap Iago out of his reverie, and he drops the head. "Yes, of course," he says, moving quickly to Fae'Shiel and applying the wand. As he exhausts the first wand, he draws a second and finishes healing his companions, treating each in turn. But his eyes continue to return to the fallen orcs, and even as he takes one of his own concoctions for his own injuries, he seems distracted.

But he finally forces his attention back to the present. "We should search the bodies," he says. "And learn what we can about these orcs. Then, as you say, we should leave the trail and find a safe place to camp." He looks to the ranger. "Can you cover our tracks? Another warband may be along, and we should not let ourselves be found unawares."

[sblock=ooc]PM, can you do the die rolls for the CLW wands? Iago will keep using charges until all his companions are fully healed. He'll use is Alchemical Allocation and the Cure Moderate Wounds potion he's carrying to heal himself (without expending the potion), and make up the difference with the CLW wand.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Healing and searching the bodies takes several moments. You have gathered quite the collection of armor and weapons, some even of fine craftsmanship. These orcs were not a typical rag-tag band, apparently. The pile looks to be quite bulky.

Iago's wand usage is heavy, but after 19 charges expended almost everyone is back to normal. There are some light wounds on both the ranger and the fighter, but those will be fully healed come tomorrow morning.

You still have about three hours left in the day to travel, and you should be close to the Stone Tooth by then.

[sblock=Combat Information]CMW= 9 healed
Fae = 4 charges
Marcus = 3 charges
Iago = 5 charges
Markas = 7 charges
Total = 19 charges

Code:
Fae'shiel:  33/33 HP remaining; 
Marcus:     35/39 HP remaining;
Iago:       42/42 HP remaining;
Markas:     55/60 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: Fae 1st Level (3/4), Fae 2nd Level (2/2), Marcus 1st Level (1/4)
Abilities Used: Fae's AP (1/4); Iago's Bombs (3/6)
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock][sblock=Treasure]MWK Chainshirt (250 gp), MWK Composite Longbow (+3 Str) (700gp), 40 Arrows (2gp) MWK Greatsword (350gp), MWK Breastplate (400gp), MWK Greataxe (320gp), MWK Battleaxe (310gp), 4 Chainshirts (500 gp), 4 Greataxes (80gp), 20 Javelins (20gp), 140gp[/sblock]
GM: I rolled, but left Marcus and Markas with damaged that would be healed overnight instead of spending a charge. If you still want to spend the charges, let me know.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]That's fine, he'd shrug off anything further anyway. Knowing those might be necessary later. His concern is for Fae'shiel. Also in an OOC note, unless someone else with a bow wants to split them, those arrows might work well for restocking Marcus' supply. :)[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Thank you for the use of the wand." Fae'shiel says to Iago while sitting comfortably on the ground waiting for the others to conclude the search. After they are done she asks Marcus to assist her in standing up and says "I think it is best if we find somewhere close to the Stone Tooth where we can rest. I would hate to be caught in the open where we can be ambushed again. However I also do not wish to start our explorations of the Stone Tooth without having been able to recover what spells I expended during this fight. I hope that is acceptable to everyone?"

[sblock=mini stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 33 // Current: 33
BAB: +3 CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +4 Will: +4

Current Weapon: Scimitar, Blackblade +6 (1d6 +3, Crit: 18-20/x2) // Special Qualities: INT 11 / CHA & WIS 7, Arcane Pool 1 / 1, Alertness, Blackblade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Ego (5)
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +6 (1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows
Tertiary Weapon Dagger +6 (1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range 10 feet

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
2/4 First Level Spells Remaining
0/2 Second Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14): Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, Mirror Strike
Second Level Spells (DC 15): Invisibility, Scorching Ray
Arcane Pool: 3/4[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago nods to Fae'shiel. "Let's move up the trail a short ways and then off of it. We'll settle for making slower time off the trail, and stop short of the mountain tonight."

[sblock=ooc]Fine if Marcus takes the bow, Iago has no specific wants from the treasure list.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: You can go ahead and roll Survival to find a good campsite and move yourselves along. We will assume Markas is contemplating his performance and injuries for now. I have not given up on HM yet as weather and holidays are playing havoc with half my games.

mfloyd3

Explorer
The group recovers everything of value from the orcs, then moves along the trail a short distance. The group eventually slips off of the path onto an adjacent stony patch, hoping to hide their footprints as they strike a new way through the forest. Taking care to cover their tracks for some time after that, they eventually fall back into their customary marching order.

Marching at the rear, Iago forces himself to remain alert. But his thoughts continue to return to the orcs' dark blood, and features that are not so foreign to him as he would choose.

[sblock=Iago's roll]Survival roll to find campsite (1d20+6=21)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=Marcus' Roll] Survival: <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3845926/">1d20+6=20</a>[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, the Holidays, weather and a 4 day internet and cable outage racked me up pretty good, but repairs seem to be done and we have cable and internet back. So yay![/sblock]

Remove ads