[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]This sounds fine to me. I took a quick look at the wiki and could not find any available active healers of the right level, let alone ones who could serve as front line fighters. How do you want to proceed?[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]fine, I guess we can give Ariel a try. Seeing as how there aren't any other healers of the appropriate level (we really need to remedy that issue), there probably isn't much of a choice in the matter anyways.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I have no problems at all with the idea of bringing Ariel on board, as long as she isn't running things. I think the issue DC might have is the one you pointed out, she is head strong and *has* to be the "party leader", in essence causing the rest of the players involved, who may not have the available time to post as you do, to feel as if they are superfluous or otherwise inadequate for the adventure they are in. If that characteristic of hers, as an NPC (leveling perhaps brings wisdom to her that the world does not bend to her will?) is indeed removed from the mechanics, she could easily become a really good partymate as an NPC (and I would adventure with her again with you running her, PM, but not with Audra, she's too free willed and free spirited to co-exist with her right now :D ). Perhaps she could be fulfilling her duty, being assigned (I.E. told to take orders from) one of the Party members. A connection of a familiar link. I think it is the best way to go if we are going to continue here, and with Ties That Bind in limbo...[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Thoughts]Again, I don't think you need worry about Ariel stealing the spotlight or trying to lead the party. You have to understand, I don't want to do that, Artur. It would be like masturbation. I have absolutely no interest in making things less enjoyable for you guys in this regard. Just trust me on this, and if you have concerns later on, send me a PM.

Ariel is just easier for me to NPC and have her feel alive instead of just a picture. I can always remember her personality and have her remain in character. And if I have her lurk and say nothing when I am busy, that's fine too. ;) There is a reason I retired her for another character.

If it is her turn to say something or offer an opinion, she will. Most days it will be either her post or a DM post when outside of combat. Less work for me. ;) If you want to give her orders IC in combat you can try that. If she thinks it not the best option, she won't obey and will tell you why. If I have nothing else better (or already written) then she will probably do it. But, she is not a prop, nor a hireling. Though, I might solicite you all OOC at times for her actions regarding spells and such.

You should interact with all NPCs as if they are player characters anyway, not hirelings (unless they actually are). As a reminder, you are splitting treasure and XP according to the rules with NPCs, same as if Markas was continuing.

Even if Fae is leveling, you all can move yourselves back to Blasingdell without worrying about any encounters again. I think I already said, you can use the opportunity to sell and resupply. Magic item limit is 4000gp per item, if that matters. Roll and record in Arcane Row. Treasure is in the first post, and let me know what you are keeping (if anything) and you can take the gold and split it up.

Markas will depart and you can find Ariel in the Constable's Office when you are ready to proceed.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Huddled by the fire, Iago considered their situation. He took out the healing wand he had brought with him, letting his fingers feel its already-diminished magic.

Part of him wanted to push onward for reasons he could not explain. But come morning, he turned to his comrades and said, "I do not think we are prepared for this mission. The orcs are very dangerous, and I have not brought sufficient healing resources to see us through it safely. I think we must seek other aid."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I tend to agree, let us return to the town and see if we can manage to find someone who can assist us in this venture. A healer would be of most usefulness in this effort I wager." Fae'shiel says with a look of utmost helplessness on her face. She did not like being unable to assist the group. But this was something that they would definitely need a healer of some sort to help them with. Unfortunately she did not know of any healers that were sufficiently strong enough to help them in this.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus is pretty quiet through the night, though he is able to locate some stuff nearby, edible, to help stretch the rations. In the morning, as the conversation plays out he nods.

"Probably a good idea if we look into re-equipping ourselves. I could use more arrows for sure. Not sure what else Blasingdell would have, but if there is something specific we need, we can always ask directions. Though contacts at the warehouses could probably help us in that regard, too."

He has, to this point, not fussed over Fae'sheil, but he has given more than a couple of glances her way through the night and morning.

[sblock=ooc]Assuming that no one else needs them, Marcus will take all the arrows he can get.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads