• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks to Markas, and back to the guards, the situation seeming to snap him out of his mood. The Markas might be seen to have offered the guards a bribe, and given the tension in the air it occurs to Iago they might be of a mind to make trouble for the group. "Hold," he says gently, fishing two gold coins from his pouch. He passes them to the guards. "A coin for the town, and a coin for your trouble. No hard feelings, eh? The weather and the road have put us all in a mood."

[sblock=ooc]I'll mark the 2 gp off Iago's share for the adventure.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
VenzaGuardSergeant.jpg

Guard looks at the half-elf, "You ain't bounty hunters, yet. No trophies."

"
The toll was always there, we just don't always enforce it."

He pockets the gold coins, commenting, "Blame the elf if you don't like it, she should be more respectful with her tongue."

"Just move along and behave yourselves."

The two guards separate to let you pass and return to their posts, flanking the town's entrance.

GM: Deducted the Toll from your Treasure

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago nods politely and enters, trying to return his mind to the business at hand.

"We need to find more healing magics, or a healer willing to come with us," he offers. He searches his memory. "Was there a temple in the town? Perhaps if we are taking the fight to the orcs, a more militant minded priest might offer us aid in the interests of the town."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus considers Iago's thoughts as they tromp into the town.

"Might be one or two around where the guard barracks are. Might. Since I was here along with a wagon of supplies so many times, I didn't have much need for them. We might also try the inn. Despite the turn down of the offer, I think we could all use a drink, a meal and time to think. There's some merchant shops along the way, i think, we might can unload the stuff Markas is carrying on the way."

He suggests this thoughtfully.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Markas looks up from his trudging under the load. "There was a place called Tolm's Superior Goods & Outfitting near the center of the town. I am guessing we can unload the loot there."

"Unless you want to stop by the Barracks up here on the left first. It is right here."

GM: Map of Blasingdell with a key is available in the 1st post.
You entered town through the North Gate.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Let us unload the items we got off the Orc's first. I want to see if I can't pick up some new vital gear while we are here that could help us, and the money from the Orc's gear could help in achieving that goal." Fae'shiel says to the others while looking around for shops that would serve her purposes.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Walking on past the barracks you come to the large building where you can sell the unwanted items from the orcs.

You enter into Tolm's Superior Goods & Outfitting, a large emporium of equipment, weapons, armor, and other items. It appears to be one-stop shopping.

ShopkeeperBoy_zpse7cff7f0.jpg

The shopkeeper greets you as Markas starts emptying out all the items you took from the orcs.

"Good afternoon and welcome to Tolm's."

"I gather you going do business today. It looks like you are here to sell, yes?"

GM: What all are you selling?

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago begins helping Markas unload the goods. "We recovered these from orcish raiders, but many are of good quality," he comments.

[sblock=ooc]I favor selling everything but the arrows, unless someone wants something else from the list.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus wanders around, looking at an item here and there, a curiosity now and then, as he waits for the transactions to complete. He looks up as as a woman enters, sets a small woven basket on the counter and leaves, the smell of fresh bread making his stomach growl a little.

[sblock=ooc]Aside from the arrows which we can use, I don't think we need any of the other loot from the Orc encounter, so I agree with mfloyd[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Yes we would like to sell these items. I would also like to purchase this beautiful headband." Fae'shiel says to the store Clerk indicating a headband with a beautiful gem set in the center of it, where the third eye would be located when wearing the headband.

[sblock=OOC]I am all for selling all the Orc Gear except for the Arrows. I do however intend to use my portion in order to buy a Headband of Vast Intelligence +2, which I have already rolled for and explained the finances of over in the Mystic Pearl thread. I hope that is okay with everyone? I figure with such a headband I would be perfectly able to go ahead and put all my level up points into dexterity instead of putting them into intelligence. Thereby increasing my attack and damage potential with my blackblade.[/sblock]

Remove ads