• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Iago, of Venza," the half-orc offers. "And while our quest will bring us into conflict with the orcs it is...a bit more complex than bounty hunting. Come," he offers. "Sit with us, and I will tell you the tale."

As Ariel makes her way over to the table, Iago makes introductions. "Mistress Ariel, this is Marcus Cole. Marcus, Mistress Ariel is in the service of Helina."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel smiles and takes her fruit juice in hand. She slides off the stool and clanks after the half-orc to his table.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. Her blessings upon you, Marcus."

"I have recently come from Venza as well. There were tales of nefarious orcs that needed Her Justice and I came this way."

"If you are not here to rid these peaceful folk of the scourge, then what is it that you are here for?"

The petite war maiden sets her longspear to prop against the wooden support column and awkwardly sits in a chair.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"We have learned something, from an ancient text," explains Iago. "And with the help of a Dwarven sage. There was once a great Dwarven smith, Durgeddin, who made his holdfast in the Stone Tooth. He was a great master of his craft, and made weapons of legendary quality. He was an enemy of the orcs, and it is said they stormed his hold and slew him. But legends of caches of weapons persist, and..." The half-orc looked uncomfortable. "This must all sound like a child's tale to you. But fate brought myself, Marcus, and our other companions together. I think there is something in it."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel picked this moment to return to the Inn. Unlike her appearance prior to leaving the rest of the group, as she returns she is sporting a magnificent cloak and a bejeweled headband. When she enters the Inn she notices the other woman with her group and says "Hello? Who would you be?" to Ariel.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel listens patiently to the tale and nods.

"Yes, it does sound fantastical. Most legends do, I imagine. Yet there surely is truth in it as well."

"However, more importantly. There are orcs involved and that is not a legend but an ongoing threat to these good people. For that reason alone I would accompany you."

With an elven woman's arrival, the petite Aasimar sips her juice and glances from one male to the other at the table. Their expressions are clear that the interruption is not unwelcome.

Ariel introduces herself to Fae'shiel and they exchange names.

Afterwards, she asks, "Have you been north already? Do you venture out on the morrow?"

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock]
GM: @Artur Hawkwing, I assume you have nothing to add to the scene.
Shall we advance the game a few days? Is all of the shopping completed?

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I have been awaiting approval of Marcus' level up submission, it has as yet to be approved or near as I can tell reviewed. I know SK is busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest, but it's been what, nearly a week? Plus work actually gave me a full assignment to do on my own, so lots of sleeping from home. Monday I should have the thing ready for an initial review and be able to get back on track. We acan go ahead and advance with Ariel welcomed to the crew. I will continue to use the previous level stat block until an approval can be done.[/sblock]

Marcus nods a tired greeting to the new comer, studying her as she questions Iago. He notices she is a bit stiff and awkward, something he chalks up to her current state of curiosity. The spear gets a curious glance as she leans it to the column. Marcus' attempt to rest his weary bones ends as she sits up a little more when Fae'shiel enters. The young ranger keeps his thoughts to himself, instead taking in this slim oddity.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: I Approved Marcus, but I don't understand why that was holding up role-playing. ;) Waiting on level-ups only impacts combat encounters.

Since there are questions on the table from Ariel, those should be answered first. There should also be IC indications of scene advancement before I advance things.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"We have been north, toward the Stone Tooth," Iago confirms. "And met an orcish warband, much to their sorrow. But my magics were not up to the task of healing so many wounds, so we returned in search of aid before venturing further. As to when we will depart, that depends on the aid we find," he adds with a grin.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
GM: I Approved Marcus, but I don't understand why that was holding up role-playing. ;) Waiting on level-ups only impacts combat encounters.

Since there are questions on the table from Ariel, those should be answered first. There should also be IC indications of scene advancement before I advance things.

[sblock=ooc]I had assumed we weren't in a super hurry at that moment in time, with Fae'shiel shopping, so I was waiting for the approval and concentrating on, as I said, a work assignment. I'm sure you're aware how sometimes Real Life just doesn't leave one with enough hours in the day to do all one would want. :) Anyway, posting should be better for the foresaeeable future, though I will be out for the week Feb 24 through March 1. Should return on the 2nd. Work training trip and this class is supposed to be rather gruesome.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads