• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus nods as Iago accurately sums up things. He leans back, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Iago's skills were enough to keep us all alive. For that we are grateful. Though he is correct that we do seem to need some help if we are to press further. We underestimated what we were getting into last time we ventured out. Now we know better what we are up against, we need to be better prepared for it. Though the guards at the gate mentioned something about a bounty on orc ears..."

He shrugs.

"I feel sorry for anyone who tries to casually take that bounty on. One of our number is otherwise indisposed, so I wouldn't want to commit to a time without speaking to him, but at least a night to gather our strength again, physically, magically and spiritually, would be a good idea. So is it just the Orc's threat to the town that brings you here? Or is there something that perhaps, as Iago mentioned, also entwines you into this mess?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel holds her hands open and replies, "Helina provides."

"Nay, I am here mainly to help those in need, Marcus. If there were corruption with the city officials oppressing the down-trodden I would try to get involved, but at the moment the most dangerous concern on people's minds are the orcs raiding from the North."

"I spoke to the Constable as well was told there is a bounty on them, if one were to bring back proof to collect. I thought she said 25 gold coins per orc, a left ear would suffice as proof."

The petite warmaiden is not squeamish about blood, but removing and carrying ears around is not something she finds personally tasteful. "Trophy hunting does not interest those in Helina's service. However, I would not stop you from collecting. I would go after the orcs regardless of the bounty, simply because Her Justice requires it."

"If you would have me, I could accompany you as you travel once more into orc territory. I am an accomplished healer and have other spells as well."

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I would be pleased to have the aid of Helina in our fight," replies Iago. "I have no intention of gathering orcish ears -- I have two of my own and that is quite sufficient." His humor feels a bit strained, but seems well-intentioned. He turns to his comrades. "What say you?"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus' demanor eases with the newcomer a little. Chuckles at her distaste for the Orc ears.

"I think you'll find we have a similar mindset. We aren't here for trophies or bounties, we're here for our own reasons. If you want to travel north with us, that'd be fine with me. The more the merrier, and safer, after what we have seen the last few days."

The Ranger turns his eyes to Fae'shiel in a questioning look.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
All this time Fae'shiel had been listening quietly and patiently trying to appraise the Cleric's true motivations. She was young, even by human standards, and this meant that she was likely hot headed and given to the passions of her emotions. Fae'shiel was a bit unnerved by this young girls willingness to go into harm's way for what appeared to her to be a foolish reason. While Fae'shiel was quite familiar with the fanaticism of her own people and was often quite surprised at the lengths to which the Elves of the Harrenwood would go to to achieve their goals, they at least didn't take these actions while they were still only in their formative years of life. An Elven fanatic would generally be at least 100 years of age before pursuing such reckless activities. But here is a girl who by comparison is probably the equivalent to a 70 or 80 year old Elf. It boggled Fae'shiel's mind that someone would be so willing to throw their life away at such a young age.

"Lady Ariel, are you sure that you wish to risk your life in such a venture? Our trek will be dangerous. I myself nearly died during our last excursion north. I would hate for something similar to happen to one so young as yourself."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

The young Aasimar replies, "It is Her Justice's will."

"Though I am young, this is not my first time facing danger. I am a trained war maiden and have accounted myself well."

"However, I am Her healing instrument as well. Helina will protect me... And, therefore you as well."

Ariel finishes her juice and looks back at all three, "Is there something more to discuss? Or can we set a time to meet on the morrow for our departure?"

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Pardon what is probably going to sound like Heresy to your young ears Warmaiden. But I am not familiar with the Religion of Helina. In my home forest we have Zealots who willingly throw their lives away to serve our God King's greater plans. But of course our God is real. We know his face, we can obtain an audience to speak to him if he grants it." Fae'shiel says with a sorrowed look on her face, she looks at the young warmaiden and has an empathic look in her eyes, "Can you say the same? Do you know what the will of your Goddess really is? Or are you just basing your claims on what others have taught you?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago seems taken aback by the elf's line of questioning. "The priests and priestesses of Helina are well-known in Venza, and elsewhere," he interjects. "They are known for their wisdom and their valor. Would you accuse Mistress Ariel of zealotry because she offers to aid *our* cause?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Iago, I come from a society where the average lifespan for those living in this world is around 500 years. Those who dwell in the border realms can live for thousands of years unhindered by the hazards of old age. Elves generally don't even reach maturity before the age of ninety. So you will excuse me if I find it odd that someone who to me would be considered an infant, is so willing to throw their life away at what to me appears to be a mere whim." Fae'shiel says with a stern look at the Half-Orc.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago meets her gaze, unwavering, his jaw taking a dangerous set. "Mistress Ariel has said she seeks to serve the people of the town by facing their foes. That seems to me a noble cause, not a 'whim.' As to age, I have seen much to convince me it is not the same as wisdom."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads