• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

perrinmiller

Adventurer
You sell off all of the equipment and divvy up the spoils.

ShopkeeperBoy_zpse7cff7f0.jpg

The shopkeeper bids you good day,
"Thank you for your business, and come again to Tolm's."

You leave Tolm's Superior Goods & Outfitting head out into the street.

Markas_zps1ae2dbfd.jpg

Markas bids you good-bye, "I am going to go check on my horse. Perhaps I will see you back at the inn."

He heads off to the South and is lost in the people in the open air market at the center of the town.

[sblock=Gold & Stuff]If you want the arrows, just by them from your share and record it on your sheet. I sold off everything.

Here are the Awards for Gold as of 26 Jan 2013:
Iago: + 767.5 Enc + 4834 TBG (83x25gp + 89x31gp) = 5601.5gp on 26 Jan 2013
Fae'shiel: + 767.5 Enc + 4834 TBG (148x25gp + 24x31gp) = 5211.5gp on 26 Jan 2013
Marcus: + 767.5 Enc + 4092 TBG (26x17gp + 146x25gp) = 4859.5gp on 26 Jan 2013

Marcus will also level up in 2 days. Might as well get working on it, Artur.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago nods to the others. "Come, let us go to the inn," he advises. "A few meads will wash the taste of the road from our mouths, and we can look for more aid on the morrow."

[sblock=PM]PM, I know you said we could look for magic items in the town, but I forgot the percentage roll and can't find it in the thread. What is the size of the town for purposes of purchasing at the Mystic Pearl?

Iago is not buying anything until we have the healing situation under control, but once that's done he's inclined to go looking for a Headband of Vast Intellect or, if that's not available, a Handy Haversack.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]You can use Venza standard. Blasingdell is not large, but it is actually rich. I don't want to penalize you for being higher level than the adventure originally called for. You are not too high yet, but with TBX you will probably gain a few more levels and outgrow the town's purchasing capacity.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
After the group finds an Inn that they can agree to spend the night in, Fae'shiel says "I will be back. I need to do a bit of shopping. Please wait for me here." As she leaves to go pick up a few items that could prove to be of some use to the group in the near future.

[sblock=OOC]I am going to take this opportunity to pick up the headband of vast intellect that I rolled for earlier from one of the magic shops in town, as well seeing if there is a Cloak of Resistance +1 in the town somewhere.

Both attempts were successful, resultant GP total = 737.97. Assuming my math is correct.[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago nods a farewell to the elf, and enters the inn. He stakes out a seat for himself and his companions, leaving an empty chair against the elf's return. He gives a friendly nod to the innkeeper, remembering their conversation during his last stay, and waits for her to come take the group's order.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus follows Iago toward the Inn after delaying a moment to make a recommendation of a good groomsman to take care of the warrior's horse. He nods and watches Fae'shiel walk away, a bit of a strange, somewhat wistful look on his face. He shakes his head back to reality and moves to the front of the inn watching passers by for a few moments. Finally the weary bones in his body convince him that it is in his best interest if he gets them to a seat. He enters and pauses until he spies Iago. He crosses over, letting a little droop get into his half-elven shoulders. He makes it to the table and eases into a chair with a muffled groan.

"Obviously been too long since I had an extended stretch. Oh, a nice hot bath and some cute girl with a sponge and a soft touch. That would be just the thing."

He ducks his head and clears his throat.

"I dare say we should wait the night, then get started again."

[sblock=ooc]Okay, we kept the arrows, who else uses a bow?[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]for marcus' case I hope that the cute girl in question is Fae'shiel. Cause otherwise she might get the wrong idea. Though suggesting such a thing might be a bit forward as well...[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel had recently arrived and clearly looked out of place with the locals.

Her shining platemail still visible from underneath her tabard was clearly superior craftsmanship and marked her for more than a simple woman-at-arms. However the emblazoned symbol of Helina on the tabard showed the blonde Aasimar as being something more than a regular warrior as well. Her weapons and shield were excellent quality too.

Most of the clientele in the tavern are not the well equipped adventurer types and she clearly stands out. She looks to only be about 16 years old and is not even 5 feet tall.

Her melodic voice asks the bartender, "Good afternoon. Could I trouble you for some fruit juice?"

A few moments later, she hands over the coins to pay the man.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock]
GM: You can treat unnamed NPC staff at the tavern and inn as props.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago notices the adventurer, and starts to raise his hand and call out. He stops himself. It might be unwise to give the impression that he is a tavern patron seeking her for...adventures of a different sort.

Still, he reflects, fate brought him companions at the smith's forge. Perhaps it has found him aid here. He nods to Marcus and rises, making his way over to her.

"Your pardon, my lady," he says, as she looks up from her fruit juice. "You wear the symbol of Helina. I wonder if you would...consider aiding myself and my comrades in a worthy quest."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel is sitting on a stool, perched more like it given the full platemail armor she is encased in. Still she looks upward at the half-orc with manners.

"Oh, good day to you. May Her Blessings be upon you. Indeed, I am of Her service."

"Ariel Esimae."
The petite warmaiden smiles and inclines her head while holding her hand over her heart.

She takes in his appearance with an appraising eye, "I do not believe you are from around here either. Please, tell me more of this quest and your... companions?" Ariel is not sure who the half-orc might be referring to.

"Would your quest by chance involve orc bounty hunting?"

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock]

Remove ads