[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Iago remembers the sword can talk. The fact that it might actually be able to take over her mind seems like justification for wondering whether Lady Fae'shiel has lost her mind.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus looks back at Fae'shiel as well, his hand going over his shoulder, halfway drawing an arrow before realizing the threat is quite literally in hand. He lets the arrow drop into his quiver and looks at Iago, returning a bewildered look.

"Um..."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Faeshiel_zps65d66e8e.jpg

The argument between the female elf and her sword continues... on and on and on and on and on and on... and then some more. Her screeching voice is beginning to try everyone's nerves. The sword insists that she must return to town in its stubborn refusal to put up with the female's crap. Fae'shiel stops walking and says, "Sorry, I am heading back to Blasingdell. I need to deal with this unruly sword"

"Let's hurry this along."

You had reached the part of the valley to the southeast of the spire, but did not find any game trails.

The forested mountainside is slow going, the area is covered with dense thickets and boulders covering the slopes. The eastern slopes of the Stone Tooth descend into a damp valley where waters is trapped by the terrain to form a large lake. Above you is the rocky summit, protruding above the tree line.

[sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top. You are at the Red dot.

TheStoneToothMap01_zps7522d4f0.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: DalkonCledwin has departed from LPF, I will NPC Fae until I can remove her from play. I am looking at recruiting some more players to join you.
Btw, Iago reaches 6th level on 6 Apr. :)

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks at the woman. "You are heading back to Blasingdell now? Just like that?" He is clearly caught off-balance, but does not seem opposed. "Are you asking us to come with you?" He is clearly struggling to come to grips with this situation, obviously concerned both by the idea that the woman would go off alone but also by the idea of retreating from his quest yet again.

[sblock=ooc]Great! I'll level him up next week. Afraid I'm camping tonight through Sun and will be out of touch. Won't disrupt play much, but I won't be able to get to leveling Iago too soon.
[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus's brow furrows the longer the argument goes on. What little he knows of Lady Fae'shiel's connection with the weapon has him well appointed to remain out of the argument, though near the end he takes a step or two forward before the Elf's last couple of harsher than he has heard from her words cause him to stop in his tracks. At her exasperated comment he gives a quick look to Iago and the Warmaiden before crossing to his mentor's side.

"Not that either of you are inclined to listen to me, or to much else at the moment, but if you are returning to town you are not going alone. If you want to depart now, I will go with you. I won't leave your side with you so distracted. Iago, if you and Miss Ariel want to continue on, that will be fine. I'll get her safely back to town and we will await your return if you decide to press on."

With that, the Ranger makes it clear that he has placed himself where he feels he belongs. Perhaps he is letting his heart lead him to a rash decision, but perhaps not. The well meaning half-elf nods to his companions and awaits Fae'shiel's determination on if she will press on, or return to town.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks uncertainly at the pair for a moment, and then nods. "I think it would be unwise for any of us to go off in smaller groups," he says. "We should go back to Blasingdell with you." He looks to the warmaiden for her opinion.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel looks on with an arched eyebrow, the strange elven woman is really going at it as she argues with her sword. Even after seeing the two men offer support to stick with her either way and the young aasimar waits patiently.

Finally she comments, "Well, there is not much wisdom in trying to invade the mountain with two people."

"Mistress Fae'shiel, perhaps some diplomacy will be in order with a little less stubbornness. Then we can continue onward to find out the best way into this mountain and the orcs presumably inside."

She is determined and would rather not turn back over something a sword says. Ariel touches the hilt of her scimitar and is thankful the weapon doesn't talk back to her.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Prayer, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top. You are at the Red dot.

TheStoneToothMap01_zps7522d4f0.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: Okay, I have figured out what we are doing in the short-term. We are proceeding with Fae'shiel being NPC'd by Mowgli the adventure's Judge to help lighten the load on me. Feel free to continue RPing normal, just take into account her change in management.
I will try to bring in more players later to potentially replace both NPCs, but until they come out of another adventure there are none available at the appropriate levels.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus turns to Fae'shiel and offers a hand.

"If it helps, sheath the bland and take my hand. I'll see if I can find a nice sturdy branch while we're traveling that help with your balance. If not, hang onto me. Unless you prefer to deal with this matter now."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Hello, all. Been reading up - just a little - in the thread. Would anyone be too awfully upset if I dropped the argument between Magus and Blade? I honestly don't have the time or energy for it, and I can't really see a professional warrior, whose life and death depend on her blade, using it for a walking stick. It'll be a little awkward for her to just drop it, but I'd prefer we do that and move on . . .[/sblock]

The elven girl considers Marcus' offer for a moment, then nods decisively and sheaths the blade before accepting his proffered hand.

Remove ads