[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel nods and looks to the ranger to resume the trekking along the mountain slope.

"Now that we have settled that, we have a lake over there and steep mountain side here. Where do we want to go next?"

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Prayer, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top. You are at the Red dot.

TheStoneToothMap01_zps7522d4f0.jpg
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Let's continue swinging around to the north side of the mountain," Iago proposes. "The slope is gentler there, and we might find a good place to ascend without using the trail."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus sets himself to guiding the Magus back to the other two and nods to Iago.

"I think we should switch places, I'll stay by Lady Fae'shiel if you want to help her lead to the North."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel keeps leading along the eastern slop, the peak looming above you, visible through the trees. Still you are not finding any tracks or trails. You reach the norther slope and there is a more gentle ridge that leads away top the north west, but the Stone Tooth is still rough going up there.

"We have been walking around this mountain for another hour. I think it is time for a lunch break."

Finding a boulder to rest her rear end upon and lean her longspear, she begins to munch on some trail rations.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Prayer, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top. You are at the Red dot.

[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks around warily, but seeing no evidence of enemies relaxes against another boulder, falchion still in hand. "We are not finding a good ascent," he observes. "We may need to risk the trail after all."

mfloyd3

Explorer
GM: DalkonCledwin has departed from LPF, I will NPC Fae until I can remove her from play. I am looking at recruiting some more players to join you.
Btw, Iago reaches 6th level on 6 Apr. :)

OOC: PM, can you give me the exact total for Iago as of April 6th? I want to record it on his update to 6th lvl. Thx.

Also, I'd like to put skill ranks into learning Dwarven. Could we retcon that Iago has been making a study of it?

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus follows along, keeping an eye on Lady Fae'shiel and an eye open for trouble. Otherwise he remains silent and attentive to his surroundings. As the Warmaiden deems the group should break for lunch, Marcus keeps his bow and arrow at the ready to allow the others to relax their watch enough to enjoy their repast.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Fae'shiel is oddly subdued as she walks along, holding her sheathed sword at her side. She seems almost dazed, abandoned by the Elven grace that is normally such a part of her movement, and she occasionally leans heavily on Marcus' arm as she trips over the occasional root or rock.

When Ariel calls for a lunch break Fae'shiel eats almost woodenly. She's occasionally heard to mutter something, as though talking to herself, but queries from her allies are met only with silence.

Finally, as everyone is finishing their food and taking their feet once more, she shakes her head slightly and her eyes clear. She looks around and speaks to the others. "OK, that's taken care of - for now at least. What's next?"

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks at the elf, relieved that she is showing some signs of life, though not entirely reassured. Still, he answers honestly. "Finish our circuit of the mountain, I guess," he suggests. "Then take the trail, if there is no better approach."

Remove ads