[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna - OOC Thread

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I've been talking it over with GlassEye and he believes I should consider giving the entire XP reward. He said I shouldn't go lower than 50%. I'm going with the 50% reward since there should be a penalty to failing beyond using up some potions and chancing death.

I decided that Pan and Ernie were out to incapacitate but not unnecessarily kill the party. After all, Pan just wanted to meet his objective and escape, and Ernie wasn't excited about bringing brought down to 1/3 of his hit points. Therefore I felt it was proper for them to stop combat and make a break for it once the tree was properly covered in flame with little chance of saving it.

Pan's pet was completely in accordance with Pan's cleric level 5 (nature) build, so the CR would have been CR 4. However, I did bump that up a level to CR 5 due to the terrain the party started at and the tactical advantage Pan possessed. So total XP would have been 1,600. However with the 50% penalty that is brought down to 800 XP. Divided by 5 is 160 XP per character.

I'd appreciate any feedback you wish to give.

CootaR

First Post
Logic

That seems fair. Sucks that we had a player drop, we might have been more successful. Gold essentially waived since we didn't win and effectively ruined an area.

deisenhut

First Post
What is the total XP for the module? We had 240 XP at the point some of us leveled to 2. Then there is the time XP at 7 XP per day I believe.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Hey, posting this to help you all and DT out a bit. Reviewed the adventure and OOC comments and this is what I've pieced together concerning xp:

Begin: March 30, 2011
Encounter One (2 boars; April 11) 1200 xp (240 xp ea.)
Encounter Two (6 eagles; April 28) 1200 xp (240 xp ea.)
Encounter Three (1 pixie; May 9) 240 xp ea. (not including Elros)
Encounter Four (Pan; June 19) 800 xp (160 xp ea.) (1,600 xp -50% for failing objective)
End: June 19, 2011 (although you could all rp a bit more and extend this)

Total Individual Encounter XP: 880 (640 for Elros)

Time XP & GP will vary based on what levels you were throughout the adventure.

Taking Yo, for example...
March 30 - April 11 (13 days) 7 xp/day = 91 xp
(Leveled to 2nd)
April 12 - June 19 (69 days) 11 xp/day = 759 xp
Yo's total XP (encounter & time): 1,730
Added to the xp from his previous adventures his total xp is 2,835.

The chart for calculating time-based XP & GP is HERE

deisenhut

First Post
I calculate Yo's GP as
13 days at 6gp/day = 78 gp
69 days at 11gp/day = 759 gp
Total gp = 837 gp

Yo's starting XP = 1105
XP Gained = 1730
Total XP = 2835 (as calculated above)

I'm assuming there are no items to select from since the mission was a failure.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm assuming there are no items to select from since the mission was a failure.

Not entirely true. I know the backpack found at the first encounter had 1700 gp worth of gems and coins. As for the rest of the adventure, I'm not sure. I'll have to talk with DT and the other judges.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Treasure:

1st Encounter: Merchant’s pouch from nearby mauled corpse: Holds 10 sapphires worth 150gp each, 150 silver pieces, and 185 gold pieces.
2nd Encounter: None
3rd Encounter: N/A. Did not kill the Pixie, which is fine.
4th Encounter: N/A. Did not defeat Pan and take his stuff.

Still working XP.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Gah, I've been away for too long!

Kanli did not get bit, because he had a Shield spell up. His AC was 16 at the time of the bite. So he should have been at 3 hp instead of -9. That said, he would still remain to focus on healing the rest of the party and not stopping Pan. So we can still call it a wrap.

I think the real difference is that because of the boats and limited mobility, the final encounter was not a CR 4 encounter, but closer to a CR 6. If you can't avoid getting mangled by the crocodile, or find a way to flank him, then there's real trouble. That, and the three SNA spells designed to hit things in boats.

And I'm so glad you enjoyed him so much. Come, join the Red Hand Society, and be welcome brethren to Kanli!

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Here's what I think Kanli's rewards look like:

Total GP haul: 1500+185+15 = 1700 GP, split 5 ways is 340 GP each.

Story: 880 XP, 340 GP.

Time: 13 days x Level 2 (11xp, 11gp) = 143 XP, 143 GP
39 days x Level 3 (15xp, 17gp) = 585 XP, 663 GP.

Total awards: 1608 XP, 1146 GP.

Starting XP:
-480 (award claimed earlier on sheet)
+1608
= 4861 XP

Starting gold:
+ 1146
= 1876.5 GP

If that sounds right, I'll spend an additional 3 DMC for +1350 XP, +1530 GP, 4th level, and Long Limbs. The greatness of the Red Hand has grown!

Remove ads