[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna - OOC Thread

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I (and all the judges) have DT's overview of the adventure, but it is lacking Pan's stats. Or what is lurking in the water. :eek:

I saw DT checked in today but didn't post anything (anywhere). The party seems set (INIT's rolled and a few actions mentioned), perhaps he just needs a little time to get things organized.

We usually give DM's two weeks before we give the game a "push" and about three weeks before having some take over.

I think DT will be back by then and have your game wrapped up. If he is to busy then no worries as it will be either way.

HM

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Hey folks, I just got myself set-up again and am ready to go. However, I realized that with my delay, we might be able to get GM back in along with Elros if he is still around and willing. We can retcon slightly and say that he was rowing a two-man ship behind the party and is just catching up. The big update will be on Sunday night at the latest, sooner if GM responds before then.

Caim

First Post
Awesome. When you said you were getting deployed I thought you trying to say you wouldn't have access, but I'm sure you wrote somewhere exactly what you meant and I failed to find it. Been happening alot lately.:.-(

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'm sorry guys. You stuck with this entire adventure just to have it turn out like it did. The good news is you saved Chip and none of the PCs died. The bad news is everything else.

There is still a nasty villian and his pet out there. He was a level 6 nature cleric until I went over Pan's character sheet before the final battle and knocked him down the level 5. Then I was worried I made him too weak, but I suppose not. Maybe I should have gotten rid of the pet. That was a CL 5 encounter which got ugly real quick. For all the work that was put into balancing DnD in 3.5 and Pathfinder there are still CLs that do not make much sense. The boars and eagles and pixie encounter were all CL 4, but the boars were challenging, the eagles way too easy, and the pixie could have plinked all of you slowly to a TPK.

I used to rely on DMs judgement for creating encounters and used to skip on relying on the CL. Looks like I'll have to return to that idea.

Still, I do believe the last encounter could have been winnable if the PCs had stuck together in the same boat, one rowed while the other four attacked, and if the dice had been more on your side. Ernie was hurting badly and Pan was not a challenge without his pet and summons.

Oh, and happy father's day. :/

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
DT, there are a lot of circumstances that can affect an encounter's CR. And dice rolls, in favor of the party or against, can make an appropriately CR'd encounter way too easy or way too difficult. I think overall that the APL/CR system Pathfinder uses works. Just sounds like various circumstances altered the final battle enough that the mission was unsuccessful.

However, not all is lost. I confess I haven't read your proposal or the adventure as it played out (curse limited time!) so I don't know what the Lady in the tree was but seeking out a sapling to plant and preventing further depredations of the bad guy sounds like an excellent adventure seed. It's this sort of thing that, imo, really makes the world a living world.

If you have no interest in working up a follow-up I'd like to read your adventure and give it some thought. Let me know, if you would.

CootaR

First Post
Mic Dundee

:):):):)ing Ernie. What a bastard. Thats all I have to say, other than it was a blast playing with you guys! Character development is such an important part of RP'ing I love seeing unique and crazy ass characters *cough* Kanli* cough*

If only I was level 2!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sorry to see the end of the game this way guys, I have been lurking about. I agree about Kanli, Loved the character. I have not seen the failure of a goal in d and d in a couple of decades.

Remove ads