Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Sea Sprite

Anastrace

First Post
Leira, Master of Martial Arts

Leira.jpg

Gritting her teeth against the pain caused by the sahuagin's tridents, Leira lashes out in retribution against the one that had just struck her. "These things are doing a number on me. I'm trying to dodge as best I can, but I am 12' tall."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard Action, return attack on Sahaugin that hit her.
Attack Roll, (+1 from bless): 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26

Unarmed Damage: 1D8+8 = [5]+8 = 13

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I was about to post something, misread the damage I had taken (a couple shots missed), and thought I was lower than I actually was. Double checked the math, and I'm down 11.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts]
Leira Olren
AC:20 (17 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 7/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +7, Climb +8, Escape Artist +7, Heal +7, Stealth +8

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect: Enlarge Person
Resources Used: None
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Leira's enhanced attack takes out the sahuagin to the party's left as she caves in its ribcage, leaving only the one to the right still standing. It lashes out with its spear against Qalabash, catching the spellcaster with a nasty stab into his thigh.

Sahuagin vs Qalabash
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Seeing the threat Leira now makes, the sea hag turns her fowl gaze towards Leira in an attempt to partially disable the monk.

OOC: Leira must make a DC 14 Will Save or be Staggered.

Everyone up!

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=Holding]I'm holding Aelspeth's action until I see what some of the other PC's do. It would be far too easy to get her killed in this encounter since she hasn't prepared any cantrips of use and her bow is back at the DWI.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]
Character Sheet

HP: 14/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 8/20
Adaptable Luck: 0/3

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Notes]
+200 Gold - as advance
Used drow poison
-3 STR (-1 melee attack/damage, -1 Str Skills, 15 ft. mvt, -3 ACP)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Francis looks at the hag again, holds him arm in place, but this time closes his eyes. Come on ol' Corty! I need a bit of luck right now.... ya hear me? His finger squeezes the trigger, and he listens for a yelp of some sort...

[sblock=Actions]Standard: ranged +5 d6 sea hag
Move: Reload
5-step:away from seahag towards his max range before penalty[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack 15, Damage 4]1 BAB 2 DEX 1 Bless 1 Size: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D6 = [4] = 4
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
When the sahuagin tears open Qalabash's thigh with his spear the old man shrieks.

"Yelola, open a Way and drag me through! I'm sore wounded!"

Despite his less than manly screeching Qalabash continues to try to bash the remaining sahuagin to unconsciousness (death preferred).
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Under normal circumstances, and by my calculations presuming they are right, that should kill off the last sahuagin. DT, can you confirm?

Shield: 5/10 rounds.
Arcane enhancement +1: 6/10 rounds.

Move: -
Standard: attack sahuagin [roll0] for [roll1]

Used: shield charges: 2[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 18
HP: 20 Current: 9
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: 3 STR dmg: (13/16 +1)
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 3/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=DT]Since the sahuagin were searching the barrels, they must be open. Assuming for the moment only a cursory glance from Aelspeth, do any appear to contain liquids? Ideally, I'm hoping there might be a keg of oil or alcohol that someone could ignite. I understand I'll probably have to use an action to confirm the contents but can she see any obvious candidates? If so, she will use her actions this round to approach and inspect.

Perception: 1d20+2=17[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon draws back his arm to take another swing at the sahuagin, but in his weakened state his dagger feels as if its made of lead. His blow flies wide in an almost comical overswing.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Attack: Sneak Attack vs Sahuagin: [roll0]
Base Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +7

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Bless - 2 rounds remaining, +1 to hit, +1 vs Fear
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Stepping behind the screaming Qalabash, Tamarie parts her book, takes wand in hand, and tries to replicate the casting action as she has done before. She feverishly repeats every word and gesture, but the chaos of real world mayhem make it impossible for her to do it right. The wand doesn't bring forth any healing energies, and she grimaces with disappointment, looking at the blood soaking Qalabash's clothing with a feeling of despair.

[sblock=Action]Step, cast CLW from wand on Qalabash:
R4 UMD Roll for Wand of CLW: 1D20+12 = [2]+12 = 14
The good news is it takes being 10 or more off the DC (which is 20) to bring on disaster. And Tamarie has a +2 I forgot to factor in for having used the wand successfully before, so her final roll is 4 short. Nothing happens. Looks like I need to roll a 6 to get that 20.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/17
Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 3/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 5/7(Tamarie,Arradon)
Bolts remaining: 16/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Cure Light Wounds Wand
Current Conditions in Effect: Bless(2r), -3 Str
Temporary items in possession: Qalabash’s CLW wand
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: CLW wand-3 chg
Money: +200gp retainer[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira, Master of Martial Arts

Leira.jpg

Irritated by her wounds and the last of the fish men, Leira lashes out with her whip sword but her clumsy size makes the blade go wide. "I'm taking a lot of hits, might need some healing!"

[sblock=Actions]
Add an additional +1 if this is a fear save. DC 14 Will Save vs. Stagger: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19

Urumi attack: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8

[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts]
Leira Olren
AC:20 (17 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 7/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1

Skills
Acrobatics: +7, Climb +8, Escape Artist +7, Heal +7, Stealth +8

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect: Enlarge Person
Resources Used: None
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The last sahuagin goes down from the total force of your blows, leaving the sea hag alone to face the lot of you. She angrily uses her evil eye once more at Leira.

Aelspeth does indeed believe that one of the nearby broken barrels contains grog, which is water with weak alcohol that helps prevent it from becoming stale and brackish. So it is doubtful that attempts to ignite the liquid will succeed.

OOC: I would count the nature of the effect as fear-induced and would allow Leira her accorded bonus. DC 14 Fort Save once more or be staggered. Everyone up! Nothing standing between you all and the sea hag, but she is between barrels, so attempts to get around to her rear will result in an Attack of Opportunity.

Remove ads