Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Sea Sprite

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Arradon attempts to flank the sea hag but fails to pierce her tougher skin. She attacks him in retaliation, and screeches, "Mine, mine! You little thieves! Gives it back!"

Attack 1 vs Arradon
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Attack 2 vs Arradon
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

OOC: Everyone up! I believe that with those two strikes, Arradon is now down to -10 hit points and bleeding out. He dies at -12 hp. On the plus side, the sea hag's back is turned towards the rest of the party for the next round.

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
The force of the Sea Hag's blows throw Arradon back against the nearby barrels. Right before he loses consciousness he mutters, "Perhaps it's best this way." He slumps to the floor motionless, his lifeblood soaking into the floor of the hold.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Stabilization Roll: [roll0]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Chances of him stabilizing on his own are slim-none. Out of curiosity, what happens when a character dies?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: -11/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +7
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Hideous Visage (-3 Str)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince

Witnessing Arradon fall incites a flame within the halfling's portly belly. "Down with the sea witch! I shall send her salty bosom back to the depths from which it came! Gaaaaaah!" screams Francis as he charges the hag!

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Full: Charge Hag
AC: 15[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack 27, Crit 23, Damage 11]BAB (1) + STR (1) + Size (1) + Charge (2) + Flank (2): 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
1D4+1 = [1]+1 = 2

Crit confirm: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5

Sneak damage: 1D6 = [4] = 4
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 14/16

AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Initiative: +2
Perception
: +8

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

Bolts Remaining: 7/20
Adaptable Luck: 0/3[/sblock]
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
+200 Gold - as advance
Used drow poison
-3 STR (-1 melee attack/damage, -1 Str Skills, 15 ft. mvt, -3 ACP)
breaker of thumbs, blinder of hags[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
With Arradon falling, Tamarie desperately works the wand's magic once again, with the only result being waving a stick around as his blood begins to stain the hull of the vessel. "No, no, no..." she murmurs as the battle for his life continues.

[sblock=Actions]Another attempt to use the wand of healing. Another failure. Seriously, I have a 75% success chance. Supposedly.
R7 UMD Roll for Wand of CLW with skill book and previous success: 1D20+14 = [4]+14 = 18
[/sblock]
[sblock=ealt]I rolled this round thinking my losing streak would not continue. However, if you want to keep your character, just don't roll your stabilization roll before my action next round and I'll stabilize you with a potion. Then there will be no roll to take a chance on. It won't put you in the fight... nothing to do about that.

Rule for deal level 1 characters:
"If a character dies before reaching 2nd level, her player may create a replacement using all XP & GP earned by the dead character, including Time Based rewards to the end of the encounter that killed her, and the rewards (XP & GP) of that encounter." - http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Retired_&_Deceased_Characters

Basically, you'll be just as well off if you die or live, in terms of progression towards the next level. So there's little stress over it.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/17
Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 3/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 5/7(Tamarie,Arradon)
Bolts remaining: 16/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Cure Light Wounds Wand
Current Conditions in Effect: -3 Str
Temporary items in possession: Qalabash’s CLW wand
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: CLW wand-4 chg
Money: +200gp retainer[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash wished he had not drunk that potion before and still had it to aid fallen Arradon. He seemed a good sort for an elf and he hoped the fellow managed to hold on until they were able to help him. The blood soaking into Qalabash's shoes didn't make that seem likely, however.

And then a bushy-haired bundle of fury dashed past screaming invective at the hag and jabbed her a good one with his sword. Qalabash was suitably impressed and sought to copy the Halfling Prince's energy: he swung his quarterstaff at the back of the hag's head.

"Good one, Prince! Oh, she can claim to be victim all she wants but poor, fallen Arradon might argue differently! For Arradon!"
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Shield: 2/10 rounds.
Arcane enhancement +1: 3/10 rounds.

Move: --
Standard: attack [roll0] for [roll1]

Used: shield charges: 2; 1 CLW potion[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 18
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: 3 STR dmg: (13/16 +1)
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 3/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

Aelspeth gasps in horror as Arradon slumps to the floor. The adrenaline pumping throughout her narrow frame makes time feel like it is dilating, as when she first entered the Border Realms with her parents. A noise bubbles up from her throat, perhaps some attempt to cry out to her companions, yet she fails to form words. With a grunt, she heaves her longsword in a round, overhead swing and slices down toward the hag's kelp-covered dome. Sadly, she lacks the strength to follow through and her arms fall limp midway.

[sblock=OOC]Move: --
Standard: Attack hag with longsword [roll0] for damage [roll1]

I'm attempting again to use the integrated roller since DT said he preferred it. Hopefully it works this time.

Edit: Hurray, it worked! Oh wait...[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 8/8
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13
CMB: -1 CMD: 12
Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws vs. Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: +4 AC (Mage Armor, 1 hour remaining)
Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Shift: 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level: Mage Armor, Color Spray, Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=ealt]Counting in TBX, we earned enough to level up Friday, 28 August. And we still have to check out that lockbox after destroying the hag. I'd hate to see you lose Arradon so quickly but you'll have quite a lot to show for this adventure one way or the other.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Of course, if what the Hag wants is in the lockbox, combat might be able to be avoided with a bit of diplomacy. Then we could save Arradon without having to worry about the rest of us getting slaughtered as we try to help him. Q would stand down if one of our more charismatic members were to pipe up.

And I agree with MM. There is a lot of story potential in Arradon yet to be explored. It would be a shame if he died so soon.[/sblock]

Remove ads