Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Sea Sprite

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
"So be it," speaks the songweaver. After a cursory examination of Francis, she rises and steps away from the marauding hag. Folding the wand back into her book, she makes a magic gesture, tracing out the hounds of Hinotheus and coaxing them into existence with the power of her lilting voice. They spring out at the enemy and slam into her. Not ending her song, she prepares for her next strike...

[sblock=Action]If she's low HP, time to go offense. Step back 5 feet so she has to use a move action to get to me if that is what she wishes to do. I'm sure the melee would love an attack of opportunity. Then cast magic missile. (She's filling 'between rounds' with nonmagical song.) Looks like 8 damage.
R9 Magic Missile on Hag: 2D4+2 = [2, 4]+2 = 8[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/17
Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 2/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 5/7(Tamarie,Arradon)
Bolts remaining: 16/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Cure Light Wounds Wand
Current Conditions in Effect: -3 Str
Temporary items in possession: Qalabash’s CLW wand
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: CLW wand-4 chg, CLW potion
Money: +200gp retainer[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

"Wrong answer!" Aelspeth cries out when the hag turns her brutality on Francis John. Her blade passes harmlessly through the air, only waist high off the ground despite the woman's mighty effort against gravity. She raises her sword straightaway but switches tactics. Now she attempts to harry the thing with quick strikes intended to distract and leave the hag open to Qalabash's staff.

[sblock=OOC][roll0]
Natural 1![/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 8/8
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13
CMB: -1 CMD: 12
Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws vs. Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: +4 AC (Mage Armor, 1 hour remaining); -3 STR (Sea Hag's "appearance" ability, temporary strength score is 5)
Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Shift: 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level: Mage Armor, Color Spray, Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Qalabash catches the sea hag with a strike so hard it almost numbs his hands, but he feels her ribs break under the force of the blow. The sea hag spits blood at him and looks as if she would try to strike him down next, but two bolts of force from Tamarie catch her unawares along the side of her face, twisting her neck with enough force to snap it. The sea hag's body collapses onto the floor of the hold and her body spasms as she dies.

OOC: Congrats! You guys won the last encounter. Unless you have anything else you wish to do, I will move to start wrapping things up.

MerryMortician

Explorer
OOC: Both our rogues are out cold. That box isn't getting opened anytime soon unless we have acid or something at our disposal. I vote we get those two to safety and figure out what the fat man was hiding before returning to him. Aelspeth will be tired and pissed as soon as the rush wears off. What was this, a half hour to an hour of storming the ship?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash turns to Aelspeth and Tamarie and Leira beaming a wide grin.

"Oh, good show, ladies! The glint in that old hag's eye as she turned it on me..." Qalabash gives an exaggerated shudder. "Didn't think I would be on my feet much longer! And, ermm, speaking of feet... It is certainly easier to move about on one's own two feet than be carried about. Particularly when underfoot moves about like it does shipboard. What say we get these two back on their feets, hmm?"

Qalabash advocates using the wand to get Francis John and Arradon back to consciousness.
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Whew! Close one!

Used: shield charges: 2; 1 CLW potion[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 14
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: 3 STR dmg: (13/16 +1)
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 3/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Nodding, Tamarie takes a deep breath and begins to work with the wand again, attempting to use the device properly. With only one minor mishap, she manages to bring the wand to life for both Arradon and Francis, fueling her friends with life energy. "Still a little jittery," the songweaver comments.

Folding the book on the wand once again, Tamarie begins a song, letting fire ignite on her hand and spread over her body. She reaches out and spreads the fire out to Qalabash then Leira, quietly whispering, "be not afraid," to each. The flames dance over them, healing some of their wear and tear from the battle before the room grows dim once again.

[sblock=Healing]Looks like a little for everyone. (Time taken=5 rounds, if it matters.) Just scroll down to find your roll:
UMD to use wand on Arradon: 1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29
UMD to use wand on Francis: 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19
2nd UMD to use wand on Francis: 1D20+14 = [20]+14 = 34
CLW Wand roll for Arradon: 1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5
CLW Wand roll for Francis: 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7
Heavenly Fire on Qalabash: 1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5
Heavenly Fire on Leira: 1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/17
Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0

First Level spells remaining: 2/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 3/7(Tamarie,Arradon,Qalabash,Leira)
Bolts remaining: 16/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Cure Light Wounds Wand
Current Conditions in Effect: -3 Str
Temporary items in possession: Qalabash’s CLW wand
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: CLW wand-6 chg, CLW potion
Money: +200gp retainer[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
As the wand's healing light closes Arradon's remaining wounds he stirs ever so slightly. He chuckles a little as he gets unsteadily to his feet. He nods in gratitude to his companions. He mumbles to himself, "I thought for sure I was done. Guess I'm not ready to go yet after all." He fingers the numerous gashes in his armor. "That's going to take a bit to fix, but it can wait." He looks down at the fallen hag and shivers slightly, he hopes never to encounter such a vile thing again.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 1/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +7
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Hideous Visage (-3 Str)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]
Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Prince of All Halflings

At the very instant the healing magic from the wand reaches his body, Francis John stands right up over the corpse of the hag. His belligerent narration continues, "So, is that all you've got?! Thought you could best me? The Prince of All Halflings think you've messed with the wrong crew!" He takes a moment to cough up the nastiest snarl of phlegm, made extra thick by the salty sea air, and catapults the contents of his throat into the remaining good eye cavity of the fallen sea witch. "Serves you right!"

After another good huff and puff, Francis begins to calm down. He reaches into his backpack, and procures a small wooden box. He sits cross-legged on the deck, next to all of the carnage. He opens the lid and pulls out a well-worn wooden pipe, and proceeds to pack it's bowl with some dank smelling green herbs. After he sparks the pipe and takes a few good pulls. Moments later, the halfling is quite mellow, and in the friendliest of moods.

"Well, we sure gave that hag some good ole 'how's your father'?" He smiles at the group. "So, whom am I to thank for rescuing the most pitiful of halflings? I was sure I could send her packing... perhaps next time I should 'negotiate' first. Haha! Silly me.... onto more serious matters...."

"To the wand owner, how much gold should I compensate you for being the recipient of it's illustrious magic?" Before someone even answers, he interrupts himself. "The chest! Perhaps a crown! Let's go, shall we?" It is unclear whether or not Francis' cheeks will return to normal after seeing the size of his current grin.

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet
HP: 14/16

AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception
: +8

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

Bolts Remaining: 7/20
Adaptable Luck: 0/3[/sblock]

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
+200 Gold - as advance
Used drow poison
-3 STR (-1 melee attack/damage, -1 Str Skills, 15 ft. mvt, -3 ACP)
breaker of thumbs, blinder of hags[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash sighs with relief as the minor pains he hardly realized he was feeling were washed away by the light summoned by Tamarie.

"That is a right friendly trick you know there, Miss Tamarie! Thank you." The old man turns to Arradon and Francis John. "Glad the two of you didn't go striding hand-in-hand into the afterlife. There is still plenty of good to be done here, I'm sure."

Qalabash inhales deeply of the aroma of Francis John's pipe. "Ah, I should have known the Prince of All Halflings would have some fine pipeweed. And, yes, let us do finally examine that chest and see if this poor hag's fate could have been avoided. The irony..."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Used: shield charges: 2; 1 CLW potion[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 14
HP: 20 Current: 18
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: 3 STR dmg: (13/16 +1)
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 3/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

Remove ads