[LPF] Tower of Power

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The scythe dug into his side. The pain combined with the stench was almost enough to make him vomit, but he choked it down as he lurched aside. Paskell did not seem to be faring much better. He whispered a prayer in Southern, "Bashu, save us from its smell." He fell into his battle trance as the creature taunted them. The smell faded and the sky turned dark. It was only him and the enemy, he felt, as he turned and swung his blade.
[sblock]Man, good thing we leveled, else I'd be down already.
Fortitude save: 1d20+2=14
First off, I cast Timely Inspiration on Paskell, which should be enough for him to make his fort save, correct? Next I take a five-foot step to H15, and spend my move action to activate battle dance. Now I retaliate. :devil:
Attack: 1d20+3=9 Or not, really. :-S[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/16
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +3
Perception: +7, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+3, 1d6+2, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (2)[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Paskell started to feel a little stick from this monster's smell but then suddenly started to feel better allowing him to focus on the task at hand. Moving along with Samad which was the creature's target, the tangu took advantage and launched another attack into its fleshy bits.
[sblock=OOC]Well that works out well. Paskell takes a 5 ft step to J14 and full attacks.
Attack: 1d20+7, 1d20+2=[14, 7], [3, 2]
damage: 1d8=1, 1d6=1
1 hit 1 miss but wow that is horrible.[/sblock][sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +7 Will: -1
Perception: +6
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect: Finesse

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
With a ferocious overhand swing, the troglodyte chief brings his scythe down at Samad, but the desert warrior nimbly dances out of the way. Instead, the weapon crashes into the flagstones, and Samad has to leap backwards as the flooring collapses beneath his feet. "No escape for you, warmblood!" the chieftan snarls, apparently mistaking self-preservation for cowardice and stepping forward to press the attack.

Below you, there's an ominous rumble as the rubble crashes into -- and through -- the floor below.

tasskar.png

[sblock=GM]Chieftan attacks and misses, then 5 ft steps. Samad makes his Reflex save as more of the floor collapses.

Troglodyte chief: 11 damage. AC 17.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_top4.png
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The terrace was crumbling beneath him. This was not like to end well, but an idea crept into his mind. Samad took a step back, towards the looming edge, and called out, "Come fight me, coward!"
[sblock=OOC]Bluff: 1d20+3=15
Hopefully that gets a bonus from the trog's cockiness. :p Samad takes a 5-foot step backwards to F15. He also readies a move action: If the priest moves into his threatened space, he'll make a Perform (Dance) check to move unhindered to F12 (Due to his 40' land speed). If only he had ranks in Knowledge (Engineering)...[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil

Used Items:
Dagger (2)[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Paskell having no other way to hurt the chieftain with the human cowering off to the side decided to try taking matters into his own hands. Following his target he went over and unleashed another barrage of blows.
[sblock=OOC]5 ft step following the chieftain to I15 and a full attack again. The only difference is this time he will fight defensively and use combat expertise. I guess AC will be beefed up to 21?
Attack: 1d20=6, 1d20-5=5
Well all missed but only crits would have helped anyway...[/sblock][sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The chieftan needs little goading to follow Samad forward, but his scythe crashes once more into the floor as the desert warrior spins out of the way. He screeches in frustration as another chunk of masonry splits off and falls to the ground below. It doesn't take formal schooling in architecture and engineering to guess that this section of the tower can't take much more.

tasskar.png

[sblock=GM]Chieftan 5 foot steps. Rules-wise, he'd still be able to use a move action to follow you around, but given how aggressive he is, it seems more likely he'd already have committed to the attack, so that's what he's doing.

ToP_top45.png
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He recovered and turned, his last dagger jumping from his hand and past the priest's head. "Ha! Catch up and fight me!"
[sblock=OOC]Attack (Dagger): 1d20+5=6
... Every... single... time... Anyway, he can't 5-foot step towards me, so if he does continue his assault, he should provoke an AoO (unless he magicks stuff at me instead). Paskell should watch out though.[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil

Used Items:
Dagger (3)[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Paskell looked with disbelief at the human treating this life and death situation like...like some game. Obviously if Samad wanted to get killed by the trog he could go ahead with it but the tengu was not too keen on joining him. Hopefully it will not come to that if Paskell was able to beat his opponent first. Unfortunately, he failed again.[sblock=OOC]Again doing the same thing as before. A 5ft step to H14 and then a full attack while boosting AC to 21. Really have no idea what you're trying to do here Fallout because I could have used the help with flanking and getting sneak attack damage. :(
Attack: 1d20=1, 1d20-5=8
Yup all misses again, not that I was expecting much.[/sblock][sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
The troglodyte chieftan sneers at Paskell. "I kill you later!" he says, sweeping the scythe under the tengu's feet and sending him crashing to the ground. The chieftan moves around to pin Samad against the parapet. "Fewer places to run now, yes?"

tasskar.png

[sblock=GM]Chieftan trips Paskell, although Paskell gets an AoO as he does so. He then moves to threaten Samad. Paskell is prone.

ToP_top6.png
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
As he was falling to the ground, Paskell flailed his sword and got a stab into the chieftain before he landed. When he realized what was going on he got up again and chased the troglodyte that pulled that dirty move on him down.[sblock=OOC]Paskell will get up and follow to H12, using acrobatics to try not provoking an AoO. Two move actions to stand and move.
AoO: 1d20+5=17
AoO damage: 1d8=4
Acrobatics: 1d20+13=23[/sblock][sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand: