[LPF] Tower of Power

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad swung his blade at the lizard as it loomed closer, to which it merely sidestepped.
[sblock=OOC]Attack: 1d20+3=6
Yeah, we all saw that one coming. Is it too late to become a baker instead?[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/16
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +3
Perception: +7, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+3, 1d6+2, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (3)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The troglodyte chief flails away at Samad, but can't land a blow. There's a tense moment as his scythe thuds into the flagstones at the desert warrior's feet, but the tower seems more solid here, and doesn't collapse.

tasskar.png

[sblock=GM]Troglodyte chief: 15 damage. AC 17.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_top7.png
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
"Stay there and don't go running off again!" the tengu told the human before shutting his beak and attacking the chieftain again.
[sblock=OOC]Full attack!: 1d20+7, 1d20+2=[15, 7], [11, 2]
damage: 1d8=2, 1d6=1
Wow the damage rolls keep lowballing each time.[/sblock]
[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +7 Will: -1
Perception: +6
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect: Finesse

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The scythe fell forward in a mighty swing. Mighty but slow, he thought as he sidestepped, raking his own blade upward. "You don't need to tell me how to fight," he called as it found its target.
[sblock=OOC]Attack: 1d20+3=17 Should be 19, I forgot to add flanking. But it's a hit! :D
Damage: 1d6+2=8[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (3)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The scythe once again fails to strike its mark, but the chieftan's teeth rip across Samad's chest, drawing a strip of flesh. The troglodyte cackles. "Yes, bleed! The spirits take your sacrifice!" He doesn't seem to be aware of the half-dozen wounds on his own body.

tasskar.png

[sblock=GM]Scythe attack misses, bite attack hits for 5 on Samad.

Troglodyte chief: 26 damage. AC 17. (Near death.)[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_top7.png
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
"The only one here that will bleed," or is already bleeding, "is you!" the tengu said before attacking and making more bleeding gashes on the troglodyte's body. After the strikes he spat out the disgusting taste of blood from the creature before getting back into his fighting pose.
[sblock=OOC]Full attack (again): 1d20+7, 1d20+2=[20, 7], [15, 2]
CRIT!: 1d20+7=10
damage: 1d8=3, 1d6=1, 1d3=1, 1d6=2
The ones always make me saddddd :([/sblock]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The tengu's blade strikes something deep and vital in the troglodyte. The scythe drops from his hands, and he turns around, clutching his wounds. "Rrrah ... no! There must be ... blood ... for the ..." He shoves the rogue out of the way, heedless of further attacks. With blood gushing through his fingers, he staggers up toward the eastern altar. "...blood for the ... blood ... god ..." he moans, and falls across the stone. A moment passes, and the alter sags and then crashes through the floor, taking the chieftan with it. A moment later, the tower shudders and the entire east side collapses with an earsplitting crash that seems to go on for minutes. An choking cloud of dust rises from the rubble.

When your ears have stopped ringing and the breeze has carried the the dust away somewhat, you can see that the eastern section has sloughed off, and is now nothing more than a mound of loose rubble at the tower's base. The pile reaches up to the second floor. Of the chieftan, there is no sign, although his abandoned scythe lies near you, only a few feet from the edge.

[sblock=GM]Congrats, the threat has been ended and you now should both be level 3. However, the XP calculations are on my home computer which is still disassembled from the move, so it'll be a few days before a final tally. There's a bit of wrap-up and RP left which I'll move through in the meantime, but other than that, the adventure is complete. I'm not sure whether you're keeping your characters or retiring them and starting new ones. If you start new ones, their XP will be the minimum for 3rd level, rather than the total amount earned by the retired character.

The scythe is a +1 bone scythe.[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
As the tower began to collapse, the world returned to Samad, and so did the pain. He grit his teeth as he fell to his knees. This was merely the next in a long line of wounds and scars to come. He pressed his hand to his chest and muttered a few words in Southern, sealing the long gashes. He stood up and looked over the edge at the rubble.
[sblock=OOC]Cure Light Wounds (Not from the wand): 1d8+2=5
By the way, is there a trog tied up on the Southern Altar?[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
Spells Remaining (1st): 1/3

Used Items:
Dagger (3)[/sblock]

Last edited:

omnitricks

First Post
"Now that was..." the tengu began before looking at the hole on the ground where a floor used to be "disturbing..." An understatement at the craziness provided by the now defeated troglodyte but at least they won. "Looks like we're done with the job so lets just grab what we can and get out of here" Paskell said taking up the scythe and tapping Samad with it to get his attention back from the edge.
[sblock=OOC]I'll be continuing with this rogue. I see no problem with it. Also, I suppose on our way down we can loot the places we didn't? :p[/sblock]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
Current Weapon in Hand:

Used Items: