• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]Treasure Hunt

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel listens intently to what Ehdge has just said and smiles wistfully at the thought of having a demon in the group. She tries to remember what little she learned about the art of summoning magic in an attempt to understand what may or may not be possible with regards to that demon. Though seeing as how this is a more relaxed environment, she pulls out her other book and browses the pages of the book to see what she can find on the topic.

OOC: Using Codex of Sapo to gain a +2 bonus on Knowledge Arcana to see if my Character knows anything about the Summoner class. While I know the class all too well, I am not sure if a level one Magus as a character necessarily knows what I as a player knows.

EDIT: and with a roll of 27 I am going to go out on a limb and say she knows quite a bit, but will wait for DM confirmation on the matter.

EDIT2: going to throw in a Knowledge (Planes) as well just for the heck of it.

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Darius smirks as he replies to Ehdge.

"Never fear friend. Your concerns are unfounded. I know the secret of Zaphyn's true name. With that i have complete power over him. I found his true name while exploring an ancient ruin in the Seithr Mountains. Unfortunately my adventuring party was attacked and killed, and only by luck did I stumble across Zaphyn's true name, binding him to my will and saving me from certain death."

Giving the demon a pat on the shoulder and eliciting a feral snarl, Darius continues:

"As for him escaping my control, It is my will that pulls him to this plane. Should I be killed or rendered unconscious, he will be banished back to his home plane."

"Where I will find your SSsssoul and enjoy torturing you for an eternityyyyyy..." Zaphyn retorts, a dark gleam in his eyes.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Using Codex of Sapo to gain a +2 bonus on Knowledge Arcana to see if my Character knows anything about the Summoner class. While I know the class all too well, I am not sure if a level one Magus as a character necessarily knows what I as a player knows.

EDIT: and with a roll of 27 I am going to go out on a limb and say she knows quite a bit, but will wait for DM confirmation on the matter.

EDIT2: going to throw in a Knowledge (Planes) as well just for the heck of it.

You know as much about summoners as any reasonably trained arcanist that isn't a summoner would know, which is that you know enough to know that they are as hard to pin down as sorcerers in terms of capabilities and potential. At least that's my take on the question. You can figure out the basic commonalities between all summoners, but things like why each one has a different eidolon is a much harder question.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
As the party walks along, Marcus contents himself with remaining silent as his presence is at least being tolerated or ignored, and keeps his eyes open to the party's surroundings.

OOC: Just to see if anything noteworthy is around he might notice.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Just for the heck of it...

As the group leaves the city, Fae'shiel mutters a few words under her breath casting a spell that would illuminate magic to her eyes (Detect magic). She then scans the horizon with her newly empowered eyes seeing if she detects anything of interest that might benefit or hinder the groups progress.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto does the best she can to keep up. Somehow, she can stand and slither along on her fish tail (a gift from her matron, she explains) but she still moves slower than the demons, elves, and humans of the party.

Entering the swamp, Kazanto observes, "This place is kind of nice, sort of like a cross between the land and the sea. Although, I suppose, there isn't necessarily a lot of water to go swimming in. Everything is just kind of blanketed with water."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Actually InVinoVeritas, I don't know if you have ever actually BEEN to a swamp before. but depending on the age of the swamp we could very well be going into something akin to this image...

[sblock=Image]
jq5lw2.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: yeah well... swamps come in all shapes and sizes. In fact I used to canoe in a swamp back when I was at boy scout camp :3

Plus... that image is for a really really really old swamp. Degobah was probably a much much younger swamp in the grand scheme of things. Or at the very least it was continously renewing itself in a way that swamps on earth cannot do.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: I've been to swamps before. Still, this barely qualifies as water to someone like Kazanto who's used to living in the ocean. And hey, we're walking right now, can't be THAT deep.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads