[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

Qik

First Post
The gnome begins nodding his affirmation, but it is Phedilo who speaks this time. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I am a creature who knows my limits, and they do not extend to traversing through the hidden corridors of a necromancer's lair. I spotted a tavern around the corner - perhaps we could wait there for you lot?"

[sblock=OOC]Good to know, SK; I appreciate you being flexible. And I agree: things had dragged on more than I'd wanted as it was, so when Arianna made the perception DC, I figured it was a chance to move things forward.

Also, forgot to mention - that's 600 XP for getting through the trap (CR 2).[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian chuckles as the comment of being able to see better, but says nothing as he has no interest in taking point. Falling into the middle somewhere, he has his crossbow ready.

jbear

First Post
Relic stops casting his spell when the door grates open none the wiser. He shakes his head again.

"All clear then."

He hobbles towards the dark entryway slugging back another potion. The wound seals.

OOC: Relic takes another CLW potion and takes up the rear in front of Daylily. 3 + 8 Hps healed takes Relic back to full.

[sblock=Relic] Lvl 2 Human Wizard
HP: 17/17
AC: 16 Touch 12 FlatFooted 14
Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Spells: lvl 0: Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Daze, Light
Lvl 1: Mage Armour: USED; Shocking Grasp; Sleep; Colour Spray
Bonded Ring:
Lightning Flash 7/7 uses left today
Wand of Sleep: (50) charges
Consumables: 3/5 CLW Potions
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
OOC: Oops! Sorry about forgetting the Detect magic, jbear. But yes, as you can see, it's all mundane up here...

As the gnome and Phedilo bid the group farewell and good luck, the the quintet begins to cautiously make their way down the stairs, making their way towards the surprisingly well-lit room down below. Arianna reaches the bottom first, peers in, and calls out a warning to her companions, tightening her grip on her spear unconsciously at the sight of the horrors that lie within. From where she stands, she can see two corpses, badly deteriorated and yet repulsively animate, and a floating flame in the northwest corner of the room. Further inspection reveals that the flame actually surrounds a floating head, mostly bone but with a few patchy remnants of skin; its visage is expressionless, and its eye sockets hollow.

[sblock=OOC]PCs win initiative, so you act first. Feel free to make Knowledge (Religion) rolls to learn a bit about your foes, but without Ioseph, I know that's not this group's strength. Also, those columns provide cover, and you can't move through those spaces.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
lair.png
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Dead things walking. Day Lilly come fight." Arianna steps around the corner and stabs at the zombie with her spear.[sblock=actions]Move to I9, std attack zombie at G8 with longspear at reach[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +2, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 4 days rations
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
Spent: 100 gp of her 125 gp share of the fancy chest sale for the 2 LRE
Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
1st Level: 2/day, 2 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Beast ~ Perception +10, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 10/11, Current AC: 19
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Longspear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Active Enhancements: - mage armor 50 min
In hand: longspear[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic's brow furrows momentarily before he acts as he tries to drag knowledge of these creatures from his sodden mind ...

OOC: Rolling Kn: Religion

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling looks rather shocked that Relic was hit by another arrow, but again the group jumps into action to be sure that he is well. She is thankful that she was not hit again, but felt guilty that she did not discover the danger first.

As the group continues she makes her way down, rapier and shield in hand and upon seeing the fleshy bits of humanoid beings has her disgusted and worried. She then spots the flaming skull and becomes concerned. Arianna moves in and attacks and the halfling takes her cue and moves to the right... and takes up a spot behind the pillar using it for cover from the monstrosity there.

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Actions & Stats]Move Action: move
Standard Action:move to H15
Swift Action:
Free Action:
Miscellaneous Actions:

Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +9
Conditions: n/a
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 of 14
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +3
In Hand: rapier (+6, 1d4, 18/x2) & shield[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
OOC: I considered making the info public for all to see, but I didn't want to deprive Relic/jbear of that pleasure. :)

[sblock=Relic]Even in his mildly inebriated state, Relic is able to recall an early lesson on the undead: the creatures are immune to mind-affecting effects, meaning the wizard's normally reliable Sleep spell is rendered useless on them. Relic also recalls that zombies are moderately resistant to blunt and piercing weapons, owing to the hardened nature of their atrophied flesh.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page - I'm doing group initiative, so jbear and Systole, you can post in any order on the "PCs" turn. Figure it's obvious, but thought I'd err on the side of caution.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads