Lucas Disowns The Holiday Special

Crothian

First Post
Starman said:
What is this Star Wars Holiday Special you all speak of? Are you also the people that spread the horrible rumor about sequels to Highlander?

Starman

Highlander 5 in the works...... :lol:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Lucas is such a wuss. He should just suck it up and admit that he was involved in that crappy holiday special (which will still always have a special place in my heart because I was 9 and it was Star Wars on TV. That COUNTS for something. He can just say, "Yes, we made it. It wasn't very good, was it?" say it's not part of the continuity, and then laugh it off.
The man clearly takes himself and the offal he calls art too seriously.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I have fond memories of this one. I remember feeling really bad for Chewie's nephew when the Imperial troops tore the stuffing out of his Bantha toy. Don't recall much other than that (Han and Chewie visiting Kashyyk and seeing some shots of the village in the trees and some weird funky disco light show at the end of the movie).

Wish I could find this one on tape. Guess I should check ebay some time...

Paragon Kobold

First Post
The cartoon part is sort of cool, if only because of Boba Fett. It is a shame if this part is
lost because of Lucas being a control freak.

And anyway, if he is embarrassed by bad movies, how can he admit to Phantom Menace?

Caius

First Post
DarkSoldier said:
This piece of "news" has been common knowledge among Star Wars fans since 1980 or earlier.

yeah seriously for as long as I've been a fan of star wars I've known this piece of lucas news. I guess it's "official" now.

I also though he had a thing about the other "tv movies", like the ewoks adventure?

I've got a copy of it on tape that I picked up a one of the Fangoria Weekend of Horror conventions about 10 years ago. I even had David Prowse sign it! :lol:

I think I've watched it twice since I bought it. It's pretty damn bad. The only redeeming things about it are the cartoon with Boba Fett, and the footage used between some scenes that has things that were cut from the original Mos Eisley scenes from Star Wars (some scenes of aliens walking in an alley, and some cantena shots). All the rest is pretty awful. Bea Arthur as the cantena owner, singing with the aliens? Check! Art Carney as a smuggler? Check! Chewbacca's dad Itchy, wife Malla, and son Lumpy? Check! And best/worst of all-Jefferson Starship performing a really bad space themed rock song!

Maybe I'll bring it to GenCon next year, and a bunch of us can watch it. Or maybe not... ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads