Lucas Disowns The Holiday Special

Tom Cashel

First Post
Ah, yes...I was six years old.

When the stormtroopers were ransacking the house I burst into tears and yelled, "Those...those...ass holes!" I think my dad was laughing as he consoled me; it was the worst word I could think of at the time.

I prefer to leave it where it belongs...in my memory. No Special Edition is necessary.

Klaus

First Post
I remember the four-armed cooking show host! And I didn't remember it being from the SW Holiday Special! :D

Well, Lucas can disown it, but he has to disown Dex's mustache as well!

qstor

Adventurer
Crothian said:
Well, he's not wrong, it was pretty bad

Come on! Bea Arthur was in it :) It rocks!

jj

I bought a copy on Ebay a few years ago for old times sake. I was 11 or 12 when it came on.

Mike

Last edited:

velm

First Post
Like most people, the only thing I remember was them ripping the head off of a toy animal. It was soooo long ago. But going to those links, it looks like it was HORRIBLE to the extreme. I mean, were the producers on drugs when they thought it up.
Sorry, George, it is all yours. But, luckily, it is 26 some years old now, and a few people have NOT heard of it.

(as far as Star Trek goes, C'mon, now, we all know the EVEN ones are the best ones.)

Orius

Legend
Well, I don't remember it at all, I was 2 years old when it aired, and I don't remember anything from back then. Anyway, if this .. whatever... was as bad as all these poeple say it was, I don't blame Lucas for wanting to destroy every copy it it in existance. If my name was on something that bad, I'd be embarrased too.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
For years I did not think I had seen this flick. I would only have been 4 years old.

But I always had a memory of some alien pouring a drink into a hole in the top of his head. Yet, over the years I was never able to track that scene down to any science fiction movie I had ever seen - definatly not Star Wars - and I ultimatly dismissed it as possibly just some cut scene or random I had seen.

Then I review some photos of SWTHS.

With what's his-face pouring a drink into the top of his head across from Bea Arthur.

Dear God In Heaven - I did watch this flick.

I don't remember Wookies. Maybe my parents turned it off before it got to that point.

mojo1701

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Used to be ... until Star Trek: NEMESIS (the 10th film) was released to the public.

True. I'm a TNG-movie fan (I've so far seen all of the films except for V {fully, anyway}), and this was a bit of a disappointment. I think the storyline could've been way better.
They tried to make Picard's clone the Khan to his Kirk, but it just didn't work. There was no background story. And although I loved the battle, I felt it was too one-sided. I mean, how could a gaggle of lowly Remans get their hands on the biggest monster-ship EVER? And firing/shields while cloaked? I know Chang's in VI fired under cloak, but SHIELDS? And that strong?

But yeah, I saw THS once; I found it online. I don't have it anymore, but other than the Boba Fett thing, I agree with him 100%. I know how it feels...

Remove ads