Luck Feats and Luck Domain

irdeggman

First Post
So this is the thing. We're saying that the luck domain doesn't have anything to do with luck feats, and thus for example it does not contribute a "luck reroll" to your pool of luck feats, and yet the other part of this story is that if the luck domain is not connected to the luck feats, then it should also not be limited by this ruling that the feats can only be used for 1 reroll per action.

No, that is not what I meant to say.

The luck domain functions (mechanically) as a luck reroll would as in it is resolved the same way.

The domain power does not add any luck rerolls to your pool however and may only be used a single time per day. It also has no action specified (unlike other luck feats do) - so it would be a "non-action" to use the domain feat granted ability, IMO.

If the luck domain is outside of the luck feats, then it's entirely reasonable (IMHO) to allow a player to reroll once courtesy of the luck feats, and then if it is still bad, reroll again courtesy of the luck domain. I'm not trying to push that on any of the DMs here, but I'm starting to think that this line of reasoning will be added to my own house rules for my games.

Or the other way to look at it is that the luck domain adds 1 luck reroll that may only be used as specified in the luck domain power.

This however is reading a lot into the text and adding in a lot more complication and do nothing paperwork to me.

Blick

First Post
Here is a solution I would like to see implemented since they already do it for many of the domain and divine powers.

Either alter the Luck domain power to allow a TU use to use the power again OR create a new feat that gives that ability or the ability to use TU uses for luck rerolls on the luck feats.

aboyd

Explorer
The feat Third Time's The Charm does allow a cleric to re-use the luck domain ability. That's pretty close, although admittedly it's not burning Turn Undead uses to power it.

WoorowWilson12

First Post
I know it's not in the rules, but my group takes up where most Stat blocks leave out. We roll (after our initial 6 and after creation) a luck score. Rolled exactly the same way, 4d6 drop the lowest. You only get one shot and that is your luck score. Based on your modifier, that's how many "Luck Points" you have. If your mod is negative, that's bad luck and the DM gets his re-rolls on you. (We had a very unlucky ninja who had a negative luck, he blew himself up). Again, it's not in the rules, but it is just fun and it gets balanced if every PC has it, you just as DM plan for it.

Remove ads