• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M] The Unofficial Marvel Character Stats Thread

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Greg K said:

The question then becomes which version of Psylocke
1) Original from Capt. Britain
2) Her Original X-men version where she has already been blinded and has the bionic eyes and arm (to me this will always be Betsy)
3) Shadow King posessed Asian ninja with Shadow Control
4) Asian Ninja without Shadow King posession

I vote on #5, which is all 4 of them.:) BTW, did'nt she go by just her given name in CB?

Valdier

Explorer
DarkCrisis said:

Any chance you will make those in a DLable format? Copy/Paste makes it comeout wierd.

...that is assuming you don;t mind others using your character ideas

Well actually depending on which web browser you are using, you should be able to just go to file and "save page as" or something to that effect.

I will see what I can do about cleaning up the formatting a bit for people viewing them using mozilla also.

Also, I am perfectly ok with people using any of the character concepts on the site :)

Last edited:

Greg K

Legend
AereonBlaze said:
Greg K: Thanks!! This helps immensely...while there's no easy conversion between the two rulesets, its perfect for figuring for sure who's-better-than-who at abilities.

Glad it helps.
As for there being no easy rules conversion, it is starting to seem that way. I have a really good conversion system between several systems, but adding Mutants and Masterminds has been a headache. I think much of this has to do with the character archetypes. The Pugilist with a peak human Dex has +5 Dex bonus, but then a Spider Totem has a +11 Dex bonus and a Cat Totem has +13 Dex bonus. What fills the gap between the +5 and the +11? I keep wanting to either halve the Super Ability powers of the Archetypes or give characters like Cap and Daredevil some super-dex to fill the gap.

Greg K

Legend
More goodies to make write-ups easier

For those of you doing writeups some more things to make writeups easier. I have included Marvel Superhero Adventure Game ratings for Energy Blast, Resistance to injury, Forcefield, Telepathy and Telekinesis. These ratings come from various sourcebooks and Tom Costa's unofficial errata (which can be found on Steve website. I have included a link to Steve Kenson's website where his optional Marvel Superheroe Adventure Game fighting rankings can be found.

Steve Kenson's website has a fighting rating system for Marvel characters. This rating system is written in the Marvel Super HeroesAdventure Game format and it is not a complete listing of characters, but I do think it gives a good starting point for rating herores against one another. The rankings can be found in the Watcher's Guide article.

the website is http://member.aol.com/marvelsaga

Energy Blast (note: for characters with blasts from TK and Magnetic Control stunts, I have a seperate list below that ranks them on these powers).

8 Black Widow (widow bite)
13 Iceman, Spider Woman I (Jessica Drew), Storm
16 Cyclops
17 Havok
18 Banshee, Dazzler (fully charged), Human Torch
20 Silver Surfer

Forcefield
12 Psylocke
13 Jean Grey, Iceman (Ice Wall)
14 Polaris
15 Invisible Woman (10 as Invisible Girl)
16 Rachel Summers
20 Magneto

Resistance: Most characters have a resistance to injury based on their strength, the following have increased resistance to injury from some sort of armor (Body Armor, Protective coating, etc. ) Note: do the nature of combat in the Marvel Superheroes Adventure Game, body armor does not guarantee immunity to attack so use this information as a guideline.

Hulk: The Hulk’s resistance increases to match his current strength level
Luke Cage: special immune to bullets, knives (note: Luke Cage is the only character with this in his write-up, but many characters with body armor should have this ability)

9 Mockingbird (costume)
10 Nick Fury (body armor)
13 Ice Man (Iced up)
18 Rogue, Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)
22 Colossus (armored form), Rhino, Silver Surfer, Thing
24 Thor (with Armor)
26 Juggernaut

Telepathy
11 Jean Grey
12 Psylocke
14 Rachel Summers (Pheonix II), White Queen
18 Professor X

Telekinesis (TK) and Magnetic Control (MC)
12 Psylocke (TK)
13 Jean Grey (TK)
14 Polaris (MC)
16 Rachel Summers (TK)
20 Magneto (MC)

Last edited:

AereonBlaze

First Post
Next up: Professor X. This was real tough to do. His telepathic powers allow him to do a lot, so that meant a lot of points into his powers which left little room for much else. After a lot of reorganization, this is what I came up with:

Professor X
Power Level: 15
Concept: Founder of the X-Men
Total PowerPoints: 225

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 10 (+0)
Int: 18 (+4)
Wis: 18 (+4)
Cha: 16 (+3)
(Total: 22pp)

Weakness: Disabled (Paraplegic) (Total: -10pp)
BAB: +8 (Total: 24pp)
Defense Bonus: 0 (Total: 0pp)
Primary Attack: +11S (Mental Blast)

Melee: +8
Ranged: +8 (+12 for Mental Blast)
Initiative +0 (Dex)
Defense: +10 (+10 flat-footed)
Speed: 5 (full action only) - 30 when in wheelchair

Damage Save: +0
Fortitude: +0
Reflex: +0
Will: +4

Feats
Headquarters (The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning), Indomitable Will(Total: 4pp)

Skills
Science(Genetics) +7, Diplomacy +4, Craft(electronics)+6 (Total: 6pp)

Powers
Total: 179

Telepathy +15:
Professor X ordinarily possesses vast psionic powers, including telepathy; the ability to induce in others mental illusions, temporary mental or physical paralysis, and loss of specific memories or total amnesia.
[Extras: Group Link, Illusion, Memory Alteration, Mind Control; Source: Mutation; Cost: 6pp.]

Mental Blast +11:
Professor X possesses the ability to attack with “mental bolts” which can stun and render a person unconscious.
[Extras: Mental Assault; Source: Mutation; Cost: 4pp.]

Mental Protection +10:
Professor X has an innate resistance to mental attacks, partially due to his mutant psionic abilities, but also due to years of training against such attacks.
[Source: Mutation/Training; Cost: 2pp.]

Astral Projection +5:
Professor X has the ability to travel in an astral form, leaving his body behind. While he does not use this ability extremely often, he is still more than proficient with it.
[Source: Mutation/Training; Cost: 5pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 6’
Weight: 190 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue.
Hair Color: Bald (blond in childhood).
First Appearance: X-Men (first series) #1

Personality
To say that Professor X has had a difficult life is a gross understatement. Years of experience with his powers and the training of the X-Men have lead him to be a hardened person, with a strong resolve.

History
See The Marvel Directory for a detailed history of Professor X.

EDIT: Bumped up Prof.'s power level from 14 to 15.

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I was curious as to how you decide the power levels of these characters. Like for Prof X he *is* one of the most powerful mutants alive yet only PL 14? Also the Prof isn't crippled anymore

Also, I've got challenge for ya. I finally read through the book. There is no real way to make Rogue without making her a stunt or extra to knock out the victim she touches. Plus the current Rogue (before she lost her powers) keeps the powers permantly.

Last edited:

AereonBlaze

First Post
Eh...its been tough to properly place the PL's. I was honestly a hair away from bumping up Prof X. power level (and will probably do that in a bit anyways). Im trying to keep most of the X-Men around 10-13 (10 being often recent recruits/those who havent mastered their powers, 11 for those that have but arent quite as powerful power-wise as others, leaving 12 for the real seasoned vets and 13 for the high end X-Men [so far only Wolverine]). Im trying to think of the "limit" for real Earth based heroes as PL 15 and scaling to that.

Luckily the PL's are relatively easy to scale if changes need to be made.

Rogue? That sounds tough. After Psylocke/Gambit! :D
(Gambit's going to be tough too...likely need a new power)

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Is the PL 15 a self imposed limit or is it a limit from the book? If it's self imposed, why? I'm thinking that the limit on Professor X can be raised above PL 15. After all, he has been described often as the most powerful telepath on earth which warrants a PL 17-20 in my opinion. The White Queen, Emma Frost if I recall the name correctly, would be at PL 13-14.

BTW, this comes from someone who has'nt bought the book yet so I may not know what I'm talking about:)

Valdier

Explorer
Kenpo Wolf said:
Is the PL 15 a self imposed limit or is it a limit from the book? If it's self imposed, why? I'm thinking that the limit on Professor X can be raised above PL 15. After all, he has been described often as the most powerful telepath on earth which warrants a PL 17-20 in my opinion. The White Queen, Emma Frost if I recall the name correctly, would be at PL 13-14.

BTW, this comes from someone who has'nt bought the book yet so I may not know what I'm talking about:)

It is self imposed... the book has no upper limit on power levels, but only gives tables up to 20th. After this characters are starting to go beyond heralds of Galactus imo.

I tend to think of PL's myself as your normal Joe at PL 1, Silver Surfer at 19-20.

Superman, maybe PL 21+ just because he is "everything man".

Remove ads