• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M] The Unofficial Marvel Character Stats Thread

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I would think Gambit could charge anything. living or not. He just choses inanimate cause its easier.

And yes he does have a chasimatic power that effects anyone not just women. Though if they are already super pissed at him it doesnt matter but he CAN be very charming to anyone.... probably as long as its not a stressful situation

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
I recall reading somewhere that the bigger the item Gambit charges, the bigger the boom. The reason he prefers to charge smaller items is that it takes less of a strain on him. On the subject of him charging biological items, I have never seen it done. I have been out of the X loop for a few years so it could have been a ability recently manifested

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Kenpo Wolf said:
I recall reading somewhere that the bigger the item Gambit charges, the bigger the boom. The reason he prefers to charge smaller items is that it takes less of a strain on him. On the subject of him charging biological items, I have never seen it done. I have been out of the X loop for a few years so it could have been a ability recently manifested

Yo also have to think that Marvel doesn;t want people (or their heads) exploding. To gory. So the stick to cards.

shadowlight

First Post
AereonBlaze said:
Here you go, Edna McCoy's baby bouncing blue Beast. I'm a bit dubious as to whether I handled his powers well. Any ideas?

Good translation of the Beast to M&M. The only things I'd change would be to up the Int to 18 and give him the Clinging power (check out Issue #2 he just takes off his shoes and walks up the side of a building...)

Neowolf

First Post
Haha, I had this exact same thought last night! I bought MVC2 on PS2 last night and it got me thinking... I should have Ryu up sometime this afternoon, maybe with a few others to follow. Any requests? :D

Edit: I couldn't wait, so I went ahead and made a feat for the Hurricane Kick. Any thoughts?

Hurricane Kick
You can call on the power of the Hurricane and channel it into an aerial spinning kick.
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +2, Dex 14+
Benefit: You gain the ability to use the Hurricane Kick martial arts technique. As a full round action, your character moves 20 feet in any one direction, performing one standard attack every 5 feet. Anyone who takes damage from one of these attacks automatically takes damage from all subsequent attacks, and is carried along with you. At the end of the Hurricane Kick, all targets are knocked prone. If you fail to deal damage on any attack due to a successful damage save by the target, all subsequent attacks are canceled and you stop in the position of your last successful, damaging attack.

Last edited:

qstor

Adventurer
AereonBlaze - I don't have the game but I think that Wolverines claws should ignore DR and/or hardness like a lightsaber in SW d20.

I would give him ranks in Tumble too and Improved Unarmed Combat/Strike or Martial arts like in SW d20 since he trained as a ninja.

Nice work.

I'll have to look at the book. A lot of their stats seem unpowered. I'm not, like I said I dont have the book but I would imagine that superheros would have epic level abilities in d20.

Mike

Last edited:

AereonBlaze

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, some real life stuff has been keeping me busy as of late. Expect a bunch of updates soon though, I'll be going back and doing major revisions to the stats i've posted (likely starting with Cyke and working my way down).

Neowolf: Nice hurricane kick. It'd be great to see some of the DarkStalkers characters from MvC2 be statted :D

Argh, I'm actually starting to forget what 55 characters were in the game...time to whip out my Dreamcast later tonight. :)

I haven't managed to pick up the book yet, but i've played one session of MnM. I'd love to see one of you guys tackle the Exiles crew, Speedball, Nova, any of the other New Warriors, and Nate grey/X-man.

BTW, the conversions you have up look good at a glance and with no book to refure to. Although Chambers Telepathy score seems a bit high, his capablities there are supposed to be limited to "speach" at a relatively short range. They have been developing a bit the most recent stuff though.

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
What if I want to play Marvel vs. Capcom? Anyone done Street Fighter characters yet? :D

Good idea but can we take fighting video game characters to a new thread?:) When I get the book, which will be any day now, I'm planning to do Mortal Kombat and Tekkan characters

Remove ads