Will: +3

Primary Attack: +12 S/L (TK Attack)

Feats
Mental Link (Cyclops), Indomitable Will

Skills
Pilot +8.

Powers

Telepathy +12:
Jean Grey is one of this world's foremost telepaths. She is capable of telepathy and mental prowess that is rivaled perhaps only by Professor X . (The Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe)

[Extra: Group Link; Source: Mutation; Cost: 3pp.]

Telekinesis +12:
Jean Grey is also capable of wide-range telekinesis (from holding up the top levels of a broken skyscraper to keeping nanotechnology from spreading) and often uses this for flight and forming force fields. (The Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe)

[Extras: Energy Blast (Power Stunt - Dual Damage), Flight, Force Field, Grapple; Source: Mutation; Cost: 6pp.]

Mental Protection +6:
Years of training under Professor X, as well as the development of her mental powers has resulted in a degree of innate protection against the mental intrusions of others into her mind.

[Source: Mutation; Cost: 2pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 115 lbs.
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Red
First Appearance: X-Men #1 (1963)

Personality
Jean has gone through many trials over the years, but has proven a mainstay of the team. She has forged close relationships with many members of the team, including Cyclops and Wolverine. She is often described as possessing a great degree of warmth and compassion.

History
Jean Grey's powers were activated at an early age, when she witnessed her friend's death from a car crash and telepathically experienced it with her. Professor Xavier noticed this, and contacted her family, training Jean in learning to control her powers. Soon, Professor X contacted other young mutants, forming the School for Gifted Youngsters and thus the X-men. Jean stayed with the X-men for quite some time, adventuring as Marvel Girl, and developed her long-term relationship with teammate Cyclops.
Jean left with the original X-men to pursue normal lives, but was soon captured by mutant-hater Lang and his Sentinel program aboard an orbiting space station. Jean was rescued by the X-men, but their space shuttle was damaged and the pilot would not survive the re-entry. Jean telepathically convinced everyone that she should pilot the shuttle, and very nearly died when her experience was noted by the Phoenix force. The Phoenix force incubated Jean's body and placed it in a cocoon (leaving it in New York's harbor) while creating a body resembling Jean's own and taking her place. The Phoenix's body rested in the hospital before reviving, and the X-men (and perhaps, itself,) was convinced it really was Jean. Sometime after the Phoenix force's "death" on the moon, Jean's cocoon was found by the Avengers and given to the Fantastic Four. Soon after, reunited with the original X-men, Jean helped form X-factor. Jean reluctantly reforged a relationship with Cyclops, who was nonetheless married at the time to Jean's clone, Madeline Pryor. During the demonic invasion called "Inferno," Jean and Madeline fought an intense battle on the psychic plane, which brought Madeline's origins to light and restored Jean's telepathy and fractured psyche but left Madeline dead.

Jean eventually rejoined the X-Men, and has continued to fight with the team to this day.

(The Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe)

Last edited:

AereonBlaze

First Post
Wolverine
Power Level: 13
Concept: Member of the X-Men

Str: 15 (+2)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 12 (+1)
Wis: 15 (+2)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Melee: +15
Ranged: +17
Initiative +4 (Dex)
Defense: +15 (+11 flat-footed)
Speed: 30

Damage Save: +11 (Amazing Save)
Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +2

Primary Attack: +13L (Natural Weapon - Claws)

Feats
Scent, Ultra-Hearing, All-Out Attack, Connected, Improved Critical (Natural Weapon: Claws), Endurance, Power Attack, Rapid Healing, Toughness, Track, Expertise, Rapid Strike, Whirlwind Attack

Skills
Hide +6, Move Silently +6, Drive +4, Pilot +4, Survive +5

Powers

Natural Weapon (claws) +13:
Wolverine possesses retractable adamantium claws that are housed in his forearms, they are part of his skeleton system. At will Wolverine can release these claws through his skin between the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but bleeding is quickly halted by his healing factor. While Wolverine possesses his adamantium skeleton, his claws are able to cut through almost any material without any fear of damage to the claws. (The Marvel Directory)

[Source: Mutation; Cost: 2pp.]

Regeneration +13:
Wolverine possesses an accelerated healing factor based on his physiology. While most normal humans heal injuries over a long period of time, Wolverine's healing factor speeds up that natural process. Wolverine's natural healing has been advanced to the point where he can heal extensive injuries (such as broken limbs) in a matter of hours to days. This factor gives him a higher resistance to poisons and toxins, and he can recover from almost any injury. The more extensive the injury, the longer the healing time will be.

Wolverine is not immortal, however. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form (such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid), Logan can die.

Wolverine, again due to his healing factor, has an enhanced resistance to disease, as well as an extended life span. Despite Wolverine's chronological age, he is still as healthy and physically fit as a man in his prime. (The Marvel Directory)

[Extras: Regrowth, Back from the Brink; Source: Mutation; Cost: 3pp.]

Amazing Save (Damage) +6:
Due to his adamantium skeleton and accelerated healing factor, Wolverine can soak up a large amount of damage before becoming truly injured.
[Source: Adamantium Skeleton; Cost: 1pp.]

Super-Strength +1:
Due to his adamantium skeleton, Wolverine posseses a degree of additional strength.
[Source: Adamantium Skeleton; Cost: 4pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 5’ 3”
Weight: 195 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
First Appearance: Incredible Hulk #180 (1974)

Personality
Despite Wolverine’s brutish exterior, he will always be the scared, insecure boy who lashed out at the world all those years ago, doomed never to make peace with his troubled past. Haunted by half-forgotten demons, he fights for those who can’t fight for themselves. (The Marvel Encyclopedia - Volume 1)

History
When you're 100+ years old, your history tends to be quite long. Goto The Marvel Directory for the whole thing.

EDIT: Lowered his strength ability score, added one rank of super-strength to account for the increased strength his adamantium skeleton gives him (no device flaw since it cannot be removed by any conventional method).

Last edited:

AereonBlaze

First Post
Iceman
Power Level: 11
Concept: Leader of the X-Men

Str: 11 (+0)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Melee: +8
Ranged: +10
Initiative +2 (Dex)
Defense: +17 (+15 flat-footed)
Speed: 30

Damage Save: +2
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +2
Will: +1

Feats
Power Immunity.

Skills
Bluff +4

Primary Attack: +11S/L (Ice Blast)

Powers

Element Control (Ice*) +11:
The Iceman is a mutant with the superhuman ability to lower his external and internal body temperature, projecting intense coldness from his body. Like any normal human being's, the nerve centers for regulating the Iceman's body temperature are found in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus. However, the Iceman can mentally override his hypothalamus to allow his body temperature to be lowered by an unknown internal mechanism. This ability converts the latent thermal energies in and around his body into an unknown form of energy that is efficiently dissipated. A related mutation has rendered his body tissues unaffected by sub-zero temperatures. The Iceman can consciously, immediately lower his body temperature from its normal 98.6 Fahrenheit to that of -105.7 F within the span of a few tenths of a second. The Iceman can use his mutant ability to freeze any local air moisture into super-hard ice. This ice can be formed into any object of his choosing. (The Marvel Directory)
He can even project an Ice Slide, which he uses to "ride" across great distances.

[Power Stunts: Create Element, Destroy Element, Elemental Blast (Power Stunt: Dual Damage), Elemental Snare, Suffocate; Extras: Elemental Absorption, Elemental Movement (acts as Flight); Source: Mutation; Cost: 4pp.]

Alternate Form (solid - Ice) +11
Iceman has the unique ability to coat himself with a protective ice surface, giving him the appearance of being made of Ice. While encased in ice, his strength grows in relation.
[Source: Mutation; Cost: 5pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 145 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown

Personality
Iceman is one of the more lighthearted members of the X-Men. He is always cracking jokes, even in the face of extreme danger.

History
Robert Drake was born with the latent mutant ability to freeze moisture in the air. He slowly became aware of this power as it emerged in his adolescence, but kept it secret from everyone but his parents, who believed people would turn against young Robert if they learned of his power.

The elder Drakes were correct, Bobby was walking with his date, Judy Harmon, one night after they saw a movie together, when they were attacked by a bully named Rocky Beasely and his friends. One of Beasely's allies held onto Drake while Beasely himself started to force Harmon to go with him. To save Harmon, Drake used his mutant power to temporarily encase Beasely in ice. Beasely was soon released unharmed, but Harmon was shocked, and the news of the incident swept through Drake's Long Island community, enraging local townspeople enough for them to form a lynch mob(The Marvel Directory)

Professor X learned of this, and played a part in stopping the mob. He eventually enrolled Iceman into his school, making Iceman one of the original members of the X-Men.

He has gone through many trials, and has left and rejoined the X-Men numerous times, yet has once again returned to his roots and is currently an X-Man again.

* Element Control (Ice) allows for the propulsion of Ice (as Telekinesis equal to your power rank). Physical contact must be made with the Ice to propel it.

- - Im less sure about this conversion, so I may go back and update it again eventually. That's all for now...I'm tired. :)

Last edited:

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Good job. I skimmed over it and just have a couple of nit picks that came to me off the top of my head.

Iceman's body is tougher in ice form, his Damage save in Ice form should be higher.

Cyclops is immune to his own optic blasts and he is immune to his brother's (Havok) blasts as well.

And Wolverine can't die unless he is totally vaporized. When Onslaught was wasting everyone in the Marvel Universe about 6 years ago, it was revealed that there were secret files kept by Xavier on how to kill all the X-men should any of them turn evil.

It was revealed that Wolverine can completely regenerate himself given enough time, so long as even a single cell of his remains intact! You might want to give him the Reincarnation power also.

AereonBlaze

First Post
Hey!

Thanks for the feedback! :) Good suggestions, I'll go back and edit around a bit later tonight.

Icemans save may look a bit low tho, but due to his alternate form, he gets protection at that rank (I think that should account for the low save).

I hadn't realized there was a power immunity feat until I was doing Iceman, and I forgot to go back and add it to Cyke...will do so.

Ahh, I remember that ish now where the main X-men team went to Muir Island and found the Xavier files (think it was an Excaliber one). Pretty cool stuff, tho I thought that the only way to kill him was to completely sever his head from his body. I was out of the loop for about a year after the Onslaught stuff though, so I'll go back and either add the Back from the Brink extra for Regeneration (allows a regen check of 30 to come back) or figure out some way to rework his setup.

Thanks again...I'll get around to fixing it later tonight or tommorow morning. :D

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the X-men. ;)

I used to be a huge fan and collected every issue I could get my hands on. While I was in college I kind of got distracted by other things. After the Bastion (Zero Tolerance) story arc ended I stopped collecting.

I missed the whole big deal with the return of Apocalypse and the death of Cyclops.

But I still love the X-men! :D

Neowolf

First Post
Just a few suggestions for characters I'd like to see:

Marrow
Mondo (Generation X) (This one could be a toughie, I'm not sure how much his powers were ever revealed)
Chamber (Gen X)
Skin (Gen X)
Husk (Gen X)
Archangel

Have fun! :D

AereonBlaze

First Post
Dragonblade: Yea, I think I actually stopped around the Zero Tolerance event, and pretty much missed the return of Apocalypse/death of Cyclops thing as well. I only recently started picking up the X-Men again. The new stuff is...interesting. I dislike the fact that they're trying to make it look and feel more like the movie(s), but some of the stories aren't that bad at all. I may have to pick up some back issues soon. :D

Neowolf: Methinks 4/6 of those would require some ingenuity and new powers :)
I'll start with an easy one from the list first...I'll try to make Archangel next!

AereonBlaze

First Post
Archangel
Power Level: 11
Concept: Member of the X-Men

Str: 13 (+1)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 11 (+0)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Melee: +10
Ranged: +13
Initiative +4 (Dex)
Defense: +25 (+21 flat-footed)
Speed: 30/55 (Flight)

Damage Save: +2
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +14 (Amazing Save)
Will: +0

Feats
Aerial Combat, Attack Finesse, Attack Focus (melee), Attractive, Connected, Dodge, Evasion, Fame, Improved Pin, Lightning Reflexes, Move By Attack, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Rapid Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics +18, Balance +18, Gather Information +10, Diplomacy +15

Primary Attack: +1S (Melee)

Powers

Flight +11:
Archangel is a mutant who can fly by means of his natural. Fully feathered like a bird's, the wings have a very flexible skeletal structure, enabling him to press them to the back of his torso and legs with only the slightest bulge visible under his clothing. His wings have superhuman strength and can create enough lift to enable him to carry aloft at least 500 pounds in addition to his own weight. Archangel's entire anatomy is naturally adapted to flying. His bones are hollow like a bird's, making him weigh far less than usual for a man of his build. His body is virtually devoid of fat and possesses greater proportionate muscle mass than an ordinary human does. (The Marvel Directory)

[Flaw: Restricted-Wings , Source: Mutation; Cost: 1pp.]

Amazing Save (Reflex) +8:
Due to Archangel's lighter body mass, as well as his superb aerial training, he is extraordinarily agile and possesses finely tuned reflexes.

[Source: Training/Mutation; Cost: 1pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 6’
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blond

Personality
As most of the X-Men have, Warren has undergone many trials throughout his life. He is a determined and focused person, who is often able to keep his cool even in the most dire of situations.

History

Warren Worthington III was attending a private school in his adolescence when wings began to grow from his shoulder blade. The wings reached their full adult size within months, but Worthington kept them a secret by strapping them tightly to his back and concealing them under his clothes. At first he thought himself a freak. However, Worthington learned that he could use his wing to fly, and came to enjoy his new ability. Then, one night there was a fire in his dormitory, and he resolved to use his flying power to rescue the people inside. To conceal his identity, Worthington wore a long blond wig and a long nightshirt, so that he looked like an angel. The rescue was successful, and his identity remained a secret. Shortly thereafter Worthington became a costumed crime fighter in New York City under the name of the Avenging Angel. He was then contacted by the X-Men and agreed to join them.

Angel eventually left the team, and joined many others. At one point, he had rejoined with the other original X-Men in the team X-Factor. In a battle with the villains the Marauders, Angel lost his original wings.

He was eventually captured by the villain Apocalypse who, through genetic manipulation, caused the Angel's wings to grow back in a new form. His views towards the world radically altered by his recent traumatic experiences, Worthington became one of Apocalypse's warriors, the so-called Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and took the name Death. As Death, he battled the other four founding members of X-Factor, but he was shocked into ending his attack when one of the X-Factor members, Iceman, faked his own demise. Abandoning both Apocalypse and X-Factor, Worthington flew off to live a solitary life. He then rejoined X-Factor and adopted the new name of Archangel. Recently Warren underwent yet another transformation. This time Archangel "shed" his metallic wings which gave way to his older, more familiar feathered wings. The mystery surrounding this change is yet uncovered, but Warren fears it could be the next step in some higher plan that Apocalypse may have in store for him. This transformation was seemingly triggered by injuries he suffered to his wings inflicted by Sabretooth.

Archangel has since stayed with the X-Men, and is fighting alongside familar faces again. (Edited from The Marvel Directory)

Last edited:

Neowolf

First Post
Very nice. :)

I may do Chamber myself, he's always been one of my favorite characters. One question about him though, something I never understood: I realize that telepathy is his only means of communication, but do normal people realize he's speaking directly into their minds? For instance, if he goes to a restaurant and orders telepathically (I know he doesn't eat, just as an example), would the waiter notice anything odd?

Remove ads