[M&M] The Unofficial Marvel Character Stats Thread

Neowolf

First Post
X Factor is another super-group, whose original members were the first 5 X-Men (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, and Angel). They worked on and off for the government for years, and finally disbanded. They had quite a few notable members during their tenure, but unfortunately I can only remember a few and get X Factor and X Force's rosters mixed up. :eek:

Here's the list from the Unofficial Marvel Directory that has been linked to several times in this thread:

Forge
Havok
Multiple Man
Mystique
Polaris
Quicksilver
Sabretooth
Shard
Strong Guy
Wild Child
Wolfsbane

AereonBlaze

First Post
Neowolf: I've always wondered that myself as well. My guess is his powers "convince them" that they're hearing it, since he's spoken to average people a few times without any kind of reaction. Actually, I think there was an ish where he was in a restuarant and talked to a waiter (was meeting someone there) and I remembered thinking "That'd odd...the waiter didnt freak out" or something to that effect :)

*trys to figure out how to do Husk's powers*

Neowolf

First Post
Chamber
Power Level: 10
Concept: Mutant

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 18 (+4)
Wis: 15 (+2)
Cha: 10 (+0)

Melee: +5
Ranged: +8
Initiative +3 (Dex)
Defense: +23 (+20 flat-footed)
Speed: 30

Damage Save: +3
Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +14 (Amazing Save – Will)

Primary Attack: +10 Lethal (Telekinetic blast)

Feats
Headquarters (Massachussetts Academy, X-Mansion), Blind-Fight, Iron Will, Darkvision, Blindsight, Immunity (Starvation), Immunity (Suffocation), True Sight, See Invisibility, Psychic Awareness

Skills
Concentration +12
Drive +13

Powers

Telepathy +10:
The first manifestation of Chamber’s powers was an explosion that blew a gaping hole in his lower face and upper torso. As a result, he doesn’t eat or breathe, but he is unable to speak. Fortunately, he can still communicate telepathically.
[Source: Mutation; Cost: 2pp.]

Energy Blast (Psionic) +10:
The full range, extent, and nature of Starsmore's mutant abilities remain unknown. His body presumably acts as a storehouse for a vast amount of psychic energy. Unfortunately, he must take special precautions to hide his mutation in public. He usually does so by wrapping a scarf around himself.
[Source: Mutation; Flaw: Full Power; Extra: Explosive Blast; Cost: 2pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eye Color: Red
Hair Color: Reddish-brown
First Appearance: Generation X #1

Personality
Jonothon is quiet and shy, and seems a bit stand-offish at first. However, with time he warms up, and made several close friends in Generation X before that team disbanded.

History
The British-born Jonothan Starsmore led a relatively normal middle class life with his somewhat upper class girlfriend, Gayle Edgerton. Unfortunately, when his mutant powers first manifested themselves, they activated with enough force to destroy his lower face and upper chest as well as cripple Edgerton. The two's relationship was shattered.
He was soon contacted by Professor Xavier and invited to join his sanctioned school for training young mutants, the Massachusetts Academy, led by mutant hero Banshee and recently converted villainess, the White Queen. Reluctantly, Starsmore agreed and became a part of the young mutant hero team, Generation X. He remained a part of the team throughout its tenure, and reconciled with Edgerton when she attempted to gain revenge on him as a part of the mutant vampire Emplate's team of villainous new Hellions. Despite his reticence, Starsmore had developed several deep friendships with his new team.
Eventually, the team and school disbanded, and although Starsmore received an invitation from Professor Xavier to join the X-Men, he returned to England. There, he soon met and fell in love with the pop singer Sugar Kane, and the couple became a media sensation. Starsmore was targeted by the mutant-hunting Mister Clean, and was rescued by several of the X-Men who came to check up on him.

Neowolf

First Post
I guess you could do Husk with a bunch of ranks/extras of Alternate Form, other than that, who knows? :p

Skin could probably be done with a Flawed version of Elasticity.

Got no clue on Mondo though.

AereonBlaze

First Post
Nice job with Chamber :)

I've tried coming up with a power specifically for use with Husk, but I'm hoping its properly balanced...

Advanced Alternate Form
Cost: 5
Action: Half
Range: Personal
Duration: Sustained
You can transform your body into a complex solid which grants you certain abilities which suit your current needs. Whenever the power is used, choose two of any of the following abilities to possess in the alternate form: Blending, Clinging, Corrosion, Deflection, Elasticity, Flight (only with the flaw Restricted-Wings), Immovability, Leaping, Natural Weapon, Protection, Running, Super-Constitution, Super-Dexterity, Super-Strength, Swimming or Tunneling. You must divide up your ranks of Advanced Alternate Form and assign them to the two abilities when assuming a new form. (Example: Having Advanced Alternate Form +7, and assuming a form with Blending and Climbing. You could have Blending +4 and Climbing +3 or any combination which totals your ranks in Advanced Alternate Form)
You may assume only 1 form per day without penalty, though this number can be increased through the Additional Form extra. Assuming more than your maximum amount of forms in a day results in Exhaustion. Reverting to normal does not count as a form.

Extras
Continuous: You remain in your alternate form until you choose to return to normal, even if you are stunned or unconscious.
Additional Form: You may assume 1 additional form than previously possible in a day without penalty. This extra can be taken more than once, resulting in the addition of another form.

Does that seem reasonably balanced? It was hard to judge on the point cost. Essentially its 2 effects + 2 extras + 1, but I still have doubts to whether its overpowered.

Last edited:

Neowolf

First Post
AereonBlaze said:
Nice job with Chamber :)

I've tried coming up with a power specifically for use with Husk, but I'm hoping its properly balanced...

Advanced Alternate Form
Cost: 5
Action: Free
Range: Personal
Duration: Sustained
You can transform your body into a complex solid which grants you certain abilities which suit your current needs. Whenever the power is used, choose two of any of the following abilities to possess in the alternate form: Blending, Clinging, Corrosion, Deflection, Elasticity, Flight (only with the flaw Restricted-Wings), Immovability, Leaping, Natural Weapon, Protection, Running, Super-Constitution, Super-Dexterity, Super-Strength, Swimming or Tunneling. While in this alternate form you possess those two powers at your Advanced Alternate Form power rank.
You may assume only 1 form per day without penalty, though this number can be increased through the Additional Form extra. Assuming more than your maximum amount of forms in a day results in Exhaustion. Reverting to normal does not count as a form.

Extras
Continuous: You remain in your alternate form until you choose to return to normal, even if you are stunned or unconscious.
Additional Form: You may assume 1 additional form than previously possible in a day without penalty. This extra can be taken more than once, resulting in the addition of another form.

Does that seem reasonably balanced? It was hard to judge on the point cost. Essentially its 2 effects + 2 extras + 1, but I still have doubts to whether its overpowered.

I would suggest having the player divide up his ranks in Advanced Alternate Form between the two powers his form has. For example:

Husk has Adv. Alt. Form +10. She wants a form that will give her Swimming and Super-Strength. Since she needs Swimming more the Super-Strength, her form provides Swimming +7 and Super-Strength +3.

I'm not certain about the point cost per rank, haven't really looked over that section much.

Edit: One other thought: I'd make this a Half action instead of a Free action.

Last edited:

AereonBlaze

First Post
Ah...thats a good idea. I had originally planned for the ranks be equal to half the power rank, but dividing it up works much better. I'll go edit it...thanks!

AereonBlaze

First Post
Husk
Power Level: 10
Concept: Mutant

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Melee: +6
Ranged: +8
Initiative +6 (Improved Init)
Defense: +18 (+16 flat-footed)
Speed: 30

Damage Save: +1
Fortitude: +1
Reflex: +2
Will: +1

Feats
Dodge, Improved Initiative, Attack Focus (unarmed).

Skills
Computers +9, Concentration +11, Listen +6, Spot +6

Primary Attack: Varies depending on form.

Powers

Advanced Alternate Form +10:
Husk is a mutant metamorph, who is able to change her physical form by tearing off her outermost layer of skin. Husk has been able to shift into anything that does not exceed her body mass. Any extra mass left when she shifts into a smaller form (such as a bird or insect) is shunted into an unknown extradimensional space, and will return to Husk when she resumes her human form. Husk prefers to change herself into a form resembling her own, but composed of a different element, such as silver, stone, and steel, with the appropriate properties of those forms, including an increased strength and resistance to injury. However, any injuries that Husk incurs while shifted will remain when she returns to human form.

[Extras: Additional Form (x2); Source: Mutation; Cost: 7pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 100 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blond
First Appearance: X-FORCE #33

Personality
Paige is a determined young woman who always tries to keep her wits about her. She often has her goals in mind, and reacts unexpectedly when something comes in the way of them. In a way, she lives under the shadow of her older brother, Cannonball, who became a member of the X-Men for a time.

History
Paige Guthrie is the sister of Sam Guthrie, the X-Man known as Cannonball. After Cannonball left Kentucky to join the New Mutants, Paige remained on the Guthrie farm, unaware of her mutant abilities. When she was thirteen, her mutant powers manifested. Paige kept her powers a secret for three years until her brother and his fellow X-Force member Meltdown (then known as Boomer) returned to the Guthrie farm for a vacation. While on vacation, Cannonball and Boomer were captured by the Upstart Siena Blaze. The Upstarts, which included Blaze, Shinobi Shaw, Graydon Creed, Trevor Fitzroy, and the Fenris twins, Andreas and Andrea Strucker, were involved in a contest devised by the Gamesmaster to capture the surviving members of the New Mutants and the Hellions. The captured mutants were to be taken to the Gamesmaster's hideaway in France to be hunted down and killed.

When Cable and the remaining members of X-Force traveled to the Guthrie farm to investigate, Paige revealed that she was a mutant. After X-Force defeated Trevor Fitzroy at the Guthrie farm, Paige used her mutant power to shapeshift into an insect to follow them through one of Fitzroy's portals. She arrived in France without X-Force's knowledge and witnessed the apparent defeat of X-Force and the New Warriors by the Gamesmaster. Coming out of hiding, Paige requested an audience with the Gamesmaster and challenged him to a contest with the lives of her brother, X-Force, and the New Warriors at stake. Paige defeated the Gamesmaster in a contest of wits, and the two teams were freed by the Gamesmaster. Deciding to request assistance from Charles Xavier on perfecting her mutant powers, Paige returned to the Guthrie farm.

Soon after, Paige was kidnapped by Harvest, a member of the techno-organic race known as the Phalanx, and taken to California to be experimented on by the Phalanx, who were attempting to learn how to assimilate mutants into their collective. Paige was rescued due to the combined efforts of Banshee, Jubilee, Synch, the White Queen, and Sabretooth, as well as her fellow abductees M, Skin, and Blink.

After her rescue from the Phalanx, Paige, now calling herself Husk, enrolled in Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters at its new location in the newly re-opened Massachusetts Academy, and was a founding member of Generation X. She is currently not affiliated with any team.(The Marvel Directory)

Remove ads