• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Trust a city-dweller to miss the point. "Greatest chiefs ride in on camel," icily states Seif, though why he's sticking to arabic is a mystery to him at the moment. He finishes in the much simpler english: "I will be there."

Binder Fred

Ack, forgot this bit:

Brian turned around as the noble projectile smacked the back of his head. He glared, but held his temper in check when he saw the young girl near her with her mother. He smiled gently and knelt to pick up the fruit.

"Those type never did know what they had," he said, giving the rind a quick polish with his coat and offering the orange to the little girl.

"Feels like it just came from one of those fancy chillers, too," he tells her with a wink.

A hand fell on his shoulder as he rose once more and he beheld a dark-robed, dark-veiled desert man. "Good," was all he said before turning away and slowly melding back into the croud.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

A hand fell on his shoulder as he rose once more and he beheld a dark-robed, dark-veiled desert man. "Good," was all he said before turning away and slowly melding back into the croud.

Brian stood a moment, unable to move. Attention, and from someone who didn't seem afraid to ... enforce his viewpoint, if the weapons on his back meant anything.

When the man complimented him, Brian managed a weak smile and a bow of his head, but he wasn't quite in control of himself again until he lost sight of the man. Then Brian did his best to blend in, himself.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Knowing the bureaucrasy, Aeaxeos was certain that this last assignment couldn't even begin before his contract ended, so he left it at that.

Report all your equipment to the Bureau for Employment Opportunities first thing in the morning. The Spartan orders the young woman before trodding towards the gates. As he moves a thin foul smelling smoke starts exhausting from little vents across his armor.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Minutes later, after the crowd got settled, Premier Gibson approached the Union Hall's podium. The Premier wore a royal blue fur lined overcoat that appeared too small for his bulky frame. The premier glanced over the crowd for a brief moment before speaking, "Brothers and Sisters of Local 310, I bring to you mixed blessings. Your local will be scheduled for relocation and integration int the core of our glorious city-state in the coming weeks. The relocation will be conducted in an orderly fashion and overseen by your local's supervisory board under the guidance of your board of executives."

The premier paused so that the men and women standing on the dais behind him could give themselves a congratulatory round of applause. "I must add that all current business permits will be rendered void during the relocation and you must reapply by the end of this business day to avoid having fees assessed onto your account." An audible groan is heard throughout the hall. "I know its unfair, but it is written in our great Union's Book of Regulations in volume 20, Chapter 16, Section 3, Paragraph 91 so even I am not exempt from that regulation."

The dais began to nod in agreement. "Vice Chairman Burroughmeister, I believe you wanted to address your brothers and sisters. Am I correct?" An rail-thin elderly man who sat toward the center of the dais stood before cautiously crossing to the podium.

Lord Burroughmeister, steadied himself against podium and spoke in a harsh whisper. "We are in a dire situation. Our convoy has become stranded in the desert between our City and Setenza, we require a caravan to retrieve the goods. Without the caravan's supplies, our local power station will be unable to supply energy to local 310, our clinic will run out of medicine, and our market's without food in two weeks. We will need volunteers to act as guards, laborers, drivers and a lift operator. If you are interested, come and speak with me. If not, you may leave this hall and go about your buisness."

Almost immediately, the men and women on the dais began to exit the hall.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Sounds like a decent way to wrap up the contract. Aeaxeos thinks to himself as he listens to the call for volunteers. Better than supervising workers and relocation at the very least.

As people start pouring out the Spartan smokes forward towards the dais, observing if anyone else decides to volunteer.

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian's heart sank. He finally thought he might be able to settle, to stop moving and really be normal, and now a relocation. If the mood of the audience was any indication, the whole affair was like to be fraught with chaos and conflict, and in all of that, it seemed almost inevitable that he's slip up. Perhaps it was better to leave the city on his own than hope he could hold himself in check in the midst of all of that.

Lord Burroughmeister, steadied himself against podium and spoke in a harsh whisper. "We are in a dire situation. Our convoy has become stranded in the desert between our City and Setenza, we require a caravan to retrieve the goods. Without the caravan's supplies, our local power station will be unable to supply energy to local 310, our clinic will run out of medicine, and our market's without food in two weeks. We will need volunteers to act as guards, laborers, drivers and a lift operator. If you are interested, come and speak with me. If not, you may leave this hall and go about your buisness."

Or ... he had to re-register anyway. If that registration took him outside the city during the early unrest, at least, it couldn't hurt. And if worse came to worse, it was easier to be forgotten disappearing in the desert than it was in the city, with foremen and guild masters out to get their money's worth if a worker didn't show up for a shift.

He decided. Doing his best to navigate the throng without pushing (the crowd seemed even more in a mood to pick a fight now than before), he tried to work his way up to Lord Burroughmeister.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Finally something interesting from those fat balls bureaucrats. That was an opportunity to show to the world who he was. hands in his back, Sahid started walking hastily towards the podium. He had his head uncovered by his hood, so his bald tanned head shined under the sun. His silver eyes fixed in the old man.

Binder Fred

"Are you hiring?" is the first question out of Seif's mouth. 'Volunteer' sounded awfully... free.

«Response Lord Burroughmeister?

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy watched the giant Watchman plod away, then pushed her bang out of her eyes and exhaled. "ALL of them? Sheesh, I don't have all week," she muttered.

The Lord's announcement brought brightness back to her eyes again though as she whirled to face the podium, then pattered towards it.

"Hello, your Burroughmeisterosity, sir!" she chirped on reaching him. "I'm Deezy, and I think I have just what you...I mean we...need to help the caravan!"

Remove ads