• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The desert-man's hard blue eyes look down on her, longer than strictly necessary it seems... before looking away: "More than one is better."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You will not have to worry about water now." says the Ottoman in his accented english. "It is my ... line of expertise·" After a few seconds he asks. "When are we departing?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Too many cooks spoil the supper," Deezy counters, grinning. Something in her demeanor is reminiscent of a puppy eagerly bringing back a ball that its owner absently tossed away.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Reordered some comments.. I also Changed Burroughmeister's color to teal.

"Milord, name's Shaughnessy. Brian. I haven't a personal lifter or power armor or a fancy title, I'm afraid, but I do have a solid labor record at Briarson's Forge. I know how to load and balance. I especially know how to put my head down and get the job done quick and efficient as it can be, and it sounds like you might be needing some of that?"

"Briarson's a respectable man., more so then others from his Local. I'll have my assistant assign you to our lifter along with the young sister."

"Oh, Lord Burroughmeister? You can count me in on that rescue mission of yours. I'll just get my stuff packed, my licences renewed and then I am at your disposal."

"Add Supervisor Featherson-Smithe to our crew." Lord Burroughmeister stated.

"It never hurts to show that we of the upper class care for the community as well, does it not?"

"If only others also believed that notion." Lord Burroughmeister stated as he glanced towards the hall's entrance, where the last of the Board members could be seen exiting.

"Who is in charge of your planning, lord?"

He turned to Seif with a laugh, "I am." He leaned in, "Since it is only way I could get our Local's shipments in on a timely manor."

"So a fast group to bring in parts and heavy equipment. Techs dropped in later by airship."

"Techs dropped in by airship?"

"If it were only that simple. The Trader's Guild want nothing to do with a Martian Union 'Venture" such as this, especially one that undercuts their profit margin." He frowned. "But alas, my current plan is to recover our goods with one caravan and then send in a second one loyal to the merchants guild to salvage what we can from the wrecks."

"Well, heck, I can fix a crawler! That's practically all I did back home. That and keep the water extractors going."

"That is good news. I will have to see arrange for my second caravan to leave along side your caravan with parts and an extra mechanic or two."

"You will not have to worry about water now. It is my ... line of expertise·"

"I take it you are one of those 'water witches' or possibly one of those hydrologists.*"
OOC: *Do not be confused with the real study of hydrology. The hydrology he's speaking of is a psuedo-science involving dowsing, water reclamation, and aether to convert peroxide into drinkable water.

"When are we departing?"[/quote]

We will leave tomorrow from our Brigsbee Plaza**.

[sblock=**Common Knowledge]
Brigsbee Square is located about a half mile west from the Local 310 and is considered part of Local 290. The square is used primarily as a market place and is operated by the Merchant's Guild.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Some nice topo maps of Mars over at USGS Astrogeology: Maps and Globes [/sblock]
OOC: I was actually debating on opening up google Mars and editing our own map and hosting it on my website..

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Too many cooks spoil the supper," Deezy counters, grinning. Something in her demeanor is reminiscent of a puppy eagerly bringing back a ball that its owner absently tossed away.
And indeed Seif finds himself blinking back at her -- obviously, he'd thought the conversation was over. "Always carry a spare," he counters after a breath to think, still slightly frowning. He hasn't taken his eyes off Deezy this time.

"Add Supervisor Featherson-Smithe to our crew." Lord Burroughmeister stated.
Seif al Mariam smiled, a bit sadistically, though only those able to read his eyes can tell, of course. Featherson-Smithe was putting up a good front, but two weeks away from his work? Pressure was being applied from *somewhere*. <So goes the theory in his head anyway ;)>

"Who is in charge of your planning, lord?"

He turned to Seif with a laugh, "I am." He leaned in, "Since it is only way I could get our Local's shipments in on a timely manner."
"I am a competent guide, lord. Ask me and I will tell you." Don't ask me and I will tell you anyways; but that's not something you tell the clients right off. He gazed at Featherson-Smithe with the sharpened smile of memory: they found out quickly enough.

«OOC: Seif would like to use his Survival skill and Knowledge(Desert) to boost our chances of success right from the planning stages. Optimize routes, supply lines, find needed equipment, make sure we're not missing any equipment, etc. I figure this is a +5 Help Another with the Vice Chairman in an effort to cut down travel time to and from the stranded caravan. Makes sense?

"Techs dropped in by airship?"

"If it were only that simple. The Trader's Guild want nothing to do with a Martian Union 'Venture" such as this, especially one that undercuts their profit margin." He frowned. "But alas, my current plan is to recover our goods with one caravan and then send in a second one loyal to the merchants guild to salvage what we can from the wrecks."
"They will not accept passengers or cargo on this trip?"

<Assuming a negative:
"No flying recon?" Aerodynes guzzled too much fuel, but a city-funded expedition rated at least one look-out dirigeable. At least!

"Well, heck, I can fix a crawler! That's practically all I did back home. That and keep the water extractors going."

"That is good news. I will have to see arrange for my second caravan to leave along side your caravan with parts and an extra mechanic or two."
"Water and supplies for the trip back," suggests Seif. "We should head out as light as we can."

"You will not have to worry about water now. It is my ... line of expertise·"
The dark-robed man waits, thinking 'Permafrost dowser?'.

A thought echoed by the vice chairman, "I take it you are one of those 'water witches' or possibly one of those hydrologists."

[sblock=OOC]Where *do* the people of Mars usually get their water, Relique?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
“Water witch?” the man says before chuckling. “Those are just disoriented people trying to understand something they have never actually seen.” Replies The Ottoman. “But enough chatting, I’m growing eager to depart; I guess we'll meet again tomorrow.” With that, Sahid turns and walks outside, to mind his own business until the next day.

Padreigh

First Post
James set off to do the necessary paperwork, prepare the move and then do some shopping for equipment.

ooc: I have a public holiday this Monday, so posting will most likely be slow till Tuesday.

Shayuri

First Post
"Right, so, I'll go get it ready to move then," Deezy calls after the Lord. "It won't take long! Then...I'll go find something else...I guess..."

She sighs and looks around, glancing at each person as if only just now seeing them.

"Wow. Lots of people going on this. Anyone want the other seat on the Beast?"

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

She sighs and looks around, glancing at each person as if only just now seeing them.

"Wow. Lots of people going on this. Anyone want the other seat on the Beast?"

Brian can't help laughing at Deezy's sudden loss of tunnel vision.

"I wouldn't say no to a free ride," he says. "I'm pretty quiet, so you wouldn't have to worry about my being a bother. Brian Shaughnessy," he says by way of introduction--as Deezy's reactions would indicate she probably wouldn't have been listening when Brian introduced himself to their mutual employer.

Remove ads