• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
A small crowd started forming at the dais, and Lord Burroughmeister raises his hands in attempt to calm the group. "Brothers, Sisters, one question at a time one at a time!" The crowd went silent for a brief moment as individuals began shouting out questions.

"Are you hiring?"
"Yes, you will be paid for your service."
Two men yelled out a question at the same time, "How much?" "How many people do you need?"
"15 to 20 people."
"How long will the job take?"
"A week to two weeks maximum."
"Do we have to pay for our meals?"
"No. We will provide your caravan with food."
"I'm Deezy, and I think I have just what you...I mean we...need to help the caravan!"
"What is it that you have, young Sister?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It's a...well, I can't show you because they made me lock it up outside town," Deezy complained. "It's BIG, like..." she raised her hand as high as she could, and went to her tiptoes. "Bigger even. Giant metal machine-man, and he's really strong! He can run really fast in the desert too."

She took a breath and started over. "I'm pretty sure it's an old war-walker. I found it, got it's basic systems working, even though there's still LOTS I haven't figured out yet. It's why I'm here, but it could pull stuff, carry stuff, and if any more bandits came, why it'd just shoot 'em all down."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
“What does ‘stranded’ mean in this case?” After careful consideration he added: “Lord.” The man had probably earned it too.

[sblock=Action]Using Jack of All Trades to roll Knowledge(Current events) on Lord Burroughmeister 1d20=15[/sblock]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Aeaxeos, standing head taller than anyone else in the crowd, stood at the back. He was mildly surprised to see the girl from earlier volunteering, but when she told she had ancient war walker working, Aeaxeos became very curious. That kind of technology could be well received within the Spartan Guard. Everyone else seemed they could handle themselves too.

The Spartan Guard will take part of this expedition. I volunteer to lead it myself. Aeaxeos proclaims after listening to the questions for a while.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"I'm pretty sure it's an old war-walker. I found it, got it's basic systems working, even though there's still LOTS I haven't figured out yet. It's why I'm here, but it could pull stuff, carry stuff, and if any more bandits came, why it'd just shoot 'em all down."

"So that's your trouble-some machine, belongs to you? Interesting. It amazes me how much those in the Laborer's Guild despise your walker's existence, and how much effort they placed in having your walker's certification as a personal transport be turned down by the Transportation Board." He chuckled. "The thought of an independent lift operator who owns their own walker must really terrify them."

“What does ‘stranded’ mean in this case? Lord.”

"We were told by the crew of a Trader Guild airship that two of the caravan's three crawlers were crippled during an accident that caused the engine of the one of the two crawlers to explode. According to the traders, collision occurred because the lead crawler's axle snapped. "

"I have myself, that is more than sufficient. You can call me The Ottoman."
The Spartan Guard will take part of this expedition. I volunteer to lead it myself.

Lord Burroughmaster orders his assistants quickly begin taking Sahid and Aeaxeos' information, and to place them on a roster.

[sblock=Current Events Knowledge check on Lord Burroughmeister]
Lord Burroughmeister is the eldest member of Local 310's board of directors. Though he is generally well liked by the populous, however, every attempt of his to become Chairman of the Local, or voted into the union's board of executives was met with bitter defeat. It is rumored that he has close ties to Victoria Town's "Merchant's Guild."[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian looks at the gathered crowd with a fair bit of gun-shyness before he finally speaks.

"Milord, name's Shaughnessy. Brian. I haven't a personal lifter or power armor or a fancy title, I'm afraid," he says. "But I do have a solid labor record at Briarson's Forge. I know how to load and balance. I especially know how to put my head down and get the job done quick and efficient as it can be, and it sounds like you might be needing some of that?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Seif aknowledges the man with the orange, Shaughnessy now, with a look and an imperceptible nod of the head.

"We were told by the crew of a Trader Guild airship that two of the caravan's three crawlers were crippled during an accident that caused the engine of the one of the two crawlers to explode. According to the traders, collision occurred because the lead crawler's axle snapped. "

Travelling too close together, or maybe the lead crawler was climbing one of the desert's rocky slopes and lost break control. "So a fast group to bring in parts and heavy equipment. Techs dropped in later by airship." It's not a question, but then again it is.

<Assuming a reply:
"Who is in charge of your planning, lord?" Better to talk directly to him, probably.

[sblock=OOC] Some nice topo maps of Mars over at USGS Astrogeology: Maps and Globes [/sblock]

Padreigh

First Post
"Oh botheration", James thought. "I hate moving. All that hassle and bustle and then you spend hours trying to figure out where you put everything."

He almost ignored Burroughmeister's call for volunteers, but then decided otherwise. He wouldn't be able to do proper research anyway while moving, so he might as well do something for the community.

He approached Burroghmeister and said nonchalantly:

"Oh, Lord Burroughmeister? You can count me in on that rescue mission of yours. I'll just get my stuff packed, my licences renewed and then I am at your disposal."

A bit softer he said, so that only Bourroghmeister could hear him without difficulty: "It never hurts to show that we of the upper class care for the community as well, does it not?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Techs dropped in by airship?" Deezy asked Seif with a broad grin. "Well, heck, I can fix a crawler! That's practically all I did back home. That and keep the water extractors going."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads