[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I'm sick of these guys," Brian responds to Seif's attack order. "Just tell me if you prefer them fried or frozen."
"The desert is a cold place," is all he replied before maneuvering his camel into a course semi-parallel with the lead bike and then *jumping* onboard when he was still 200 feet away, flipping through the air with both swords drawn!

.. landing on the seat behind the lead raider.
"Cripes Mate! Get ya stanky hide off ma bike!"

"Hold still! If my woman lines up my shoot I's gonna shoot 'im off yer bike!"

Seif simply and efficiently sliced, twin strikes at both rider and bike.

[sblock=Actions]Switch array to Dervish Strike. Attack both rider and bike with the area attack: 16 Reflex save. Hope to survive the crash using Skill Mastery Acrobatics to roll to a stop the desert sand. :)[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Sorry for the delay, folks! Very, very busy this week: regular work PLUS VIP visitors, oh my![/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The Ottoman focused, creating a watery tendril that wrapped around a dunebike riding raider and large martian bolder...
Ranged attack 23 --> Hit.
Raider Ref: 1d20+3=23 --> Saved!

..unbeknownst to the Ottoman, the strength of the tether was too weak to account for the speed of the dune-bike, and it promptly snapped rather then dismounting the rider.
I rerolled like 5 times and he passed each attempt. Sometimes awesome gonzo-ness isn't meant to be:<

The rider tries to dodge the brunt of Seif's attack only to be hit which promptly caused him to lose control of the dune-bike. Seif quickly lept off the motor bike safely and watched as it's rider is flung off it and into the path of the quad bike.
Raider Ref: 1d20+3=4 vs 16 --> Fail
Raider Tough: 1d20+4=13 vs 21 --> Fail
Seif Acrobatics: 1d20+10=27

In the distance, a loud metallic crash could be heard coming from the rapidly approaching raider crawler as its passengers begin their preparations for the group's approach. Seconds later, the source of the crash becomes apparent when two of the raiders launch off the crawler's bed and third opens the cabs roof-hatch and mounts a gun onto the crawler's roof rack.

ROUND ONE INIT

The PCs:
---Brian
---Seif
---Deezy
---The Ottoman

Raiders Group 1:
---Quad Bike: 1 Rider.

Raiders Group 2:
---Enemy crawler
------ Driver
------ Gunner
---Bike 1: 1 Rider
---Bike 2: 1 Rider
* Silver names have not acted.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

I think Deezy's the only one I want playing with big guns, fellas," Brian mutters to himself, apparently beginning to feel the rush of battle. He turns his attention to the ambient heat within the Gunner, grabs it with his mind, and yanks it away.

[sblock=ooc]Flash Freeze on the gunner.[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Brian concentrates on the raider...
Gunner Tough: 1d20+4=20 vs 21 --> Fail.
Gunner Status: Dead.

...causing him to become frozen solid.

* * * * *​

ROUND ONE INIT

The PCs:
---Brian
---Seif
---Deezy
---The Ottoman

Raiders Group 1:

Raiders Group 2:
---Enemy crawler
------ Driver
---Bike 1: 1 Rider
* Silver names have not acted.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Seif rose from his crouch in the sand, turned and... checked his move as he saw the gunner suddenly die the death of desert nights. A look - left, right - and then he spread his arms wide. With a 'come hither' opening and closing of his hands, he mocked the twin bike riders into coming for him, if they dared!

(Under the veil, that self-destructive grin of his reigned supreme.)

[sblock=Actions]If they don't have range weapons: hold action until they get within 15 feet - hopefully both at once in an attempt to double strike him - and then Dervish Strike.

If they do have range weapon, Seif is hoping to goad them into attacking him close up anyways. Don't know what rolls, if any, that would require exactly (Modified Taunting?), but please roll for me to save time please Relique.

By the by, I'm guessing that rider Seif re-directed under the quad's tires is dead, right? No effect on the quad itself, eh? :devil:[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
If they don't have range weapons: hold action until they get within 15 feet - hopefully both at once in an attempt to double strike him - and then Dervish Strike.

If they do have range weapon, Seif is hoping to goad them into attacking him close up anyways. Don't know what rolls, if any, that would require exactly (Modified Taunting?), but please roll for me to save time please Relique.
Technically, the only one who is alive that has ranged weapons that they can use without having to make a ride roll (to prevent crashing) is the quad bike. Everyone else is pretty much jousting.

It would be a "trick" (a bluff roll). Since you are holding out for an attack, it would be at a -5 penalty (as per using the "move" version of a trick) .

Seif stood out in the open and began to goad a raiders into hitting him...
Seif Trick: 1d20 - 5=14
vs
Bike 1: 1d20=6 --> Tricked!
Bike 2: 1d20=16 --> Not Tricked!

The rider of dune bike 1 pulled out an axe from it's holder then made a bee-line towards Seif...
Bike 1 Ref: 1d20 +3=4 vs 16 --> Fail.
Bike 1 Tough: 1d20 +4=14 vs 21 --> Fail.
Bike 1 Status: Dead.

....only to become decapitated by Seif's dervish strike.

By the by, I'm guessing that rider Seif re-directed under the quad's tires is dead, right? No effect on the quad itself, eh? :devil:

Yes on both accounts (I was lazy and was not writing the status lines for these mooks).

* * * * *​

ROUND ONE INIT

The PCs:
---Brian
---Seif

---Deezy *
---The Ottoman

* If Voda Vosa acts before Shayuri returns I will autopilot Deezy's action.

Raiders Group 1:

Raiders Group 2:
---Enemy crawler
------ Driver
** Silver names have not acted.

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy takes a quick look at the road ahead to make sure the Beast won't lumber over a cliff or something, then takes aim at the quad bike. Firing on the move is always a little tricky...the gyros are finicky and constantly in need of calibration it seems...but she draws a bead on the vehicle. The gyrocannons chatter noisily, peppering the oncoming vehicle with a shower of high velocity slugs!

(Actions: Move - keep up with convoy, Standard - fire on Quad Bike 1 with gyrocannon. Base DC 21, but unlikely to matter much with that roll. BAH!)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
<If the Ottoman can perceive the raiders inside the crawler>

Sahid outstretches his hands towards the crawler. His mind locks with the water inside the body of the driver. The Ottoman's head tilts up, and he growls. His eyes turn dusty white like the moon, and he begins moving the water within the driver...

<If the driver fails the save.>

The man can't control his movements, the pain of his cells pulling to different directions making even thinking a challenging task. The raidier can't stop himself from taking a dangerous manouver, tilting the crawler aside.

OOC: Using Bloodcontrol. Fortitude based mind control DC 16. Order him to turn the crawler sharply and head the other way.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Deezy quickly adjusts her autopilot before opening fire on the quad bike...
(Actions: Move - keep up with convoy, Standard - fire on Quad Bike 1 with gyrocannon. Base DC 21, but unlikely to matter much with that roll. BAH!)
OOC: Funny thing about targeting vehicles is that they are easy to hit if the driver doesn't intend on using their action to drive defensively or evade.
Deezy: 10 vs 16 --> Missed the Raider!
Deezy: 10 vs 10 --> Quad HIT!
Quad Tough: 18 vs 21 --> Injured
Quad Status: Injured 1, Radio Destroyed

... causing large chunks of metal to burst from the quad's radio as it is destroyed

Sahid focuses on the driver of the raider crawler....
Raider Fort:1d20 + 4=12 vs 16 --> FAILED!
... and begins to play with his body like a puppet, causing the crawler to swerve sharply towards the right into the path of the Bike Raider 2...
Raider 2: 1d20 + 4=18 vs 15 --> Success
... who manages to avoid the crawler by quickly turning his bike.

The crawler continued in its wide turn.

The quad bike's rider revs up the bike's engine as he lays his body down closer to the quad and charges he bike forward defensively.

ROUND TWO INIT
The PCs:
---Brian
---Seif
---Deezy
---The Ottoman

Raiders Group 1:
---Quad Bike: 1 Rider. Driving Defensively.

Raiders Group 2:
---Enemy crawler
------ Driver
** Silver names have not acted.

STATUS UPDATE
Bike, Quad: Radio destroyed, Injured 1
Crawler Driver: Blood Controlled.
Quad Rider: Defensive Stance.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian decided the intact rider was the clearest threat, and reached out again to extract the heat from his body.

[sblock=ooc]flash freeze again, this time on the defensive stance driver[/sblock]

Remove ads