[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Deezy Tech: 1d20 +10=30
[sblock=Deezy's Radio]Deezy's sensors picks up what sounds like two different conversations...

* Yes, Master GearSmith. You want us to take the caravan and make sure there are no one survives including the Blade Mistress's heretics.*
*Buzzzz* Odessey Crawler this is Surveyor I, over. * Especially... the heretics. *snort* The warlord... he tires of their recklessness.*Crackle* *Buzz* They are... a cancer that must... be purged. *Garble* *Static*Visual contact established with an unidentified airship on southern heading. Estimated distance 80 miles. Requesting instructions, over.* How long..... will it take to reach the caravan? * *Buzz* *Warble* 30 minutes at full speed. The heretics and the nomads they are after will beat us to the caravan. *Static* *Pop* Roger, wilco.*Then fly ..... the airship ..... faster. *Cough* Don't contact me.... until... it's done. Out.*

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy watched the other vehicles speed off, leaving the lumbering Beast behind. The leg actuators were only designed to go so fast, unfortunately...it was made for combat in rough terrain and urban environments, not ground speed. In the era it was born for, there'd be haulers and dropships to get it to and from operational theaters. Now though?

Now she had to improvise.

A few seconds later she had the access panel open, and thick bundles of wires pulled up and out. Each one was labeled with a color-coded system she'd devised way back when first working on the ancient machine so she could keep its complicated systems straight.

Finding the cables she needed, Deezy pulled them out from the bundle and tapped a quick series of commands. The problem, of course, would be heat build up. But she thought that if the turbines ran at just half power...since they didn't have to actually make the mecha lift off...then the airflow might be enough to keep the heat maneageable.

Or, you know, she could cook in the cockpit. But she was fairly sure that wouldn't happen.

The Beast's weathered jump jets came to life with a low droning whine. Intake vents opened. Vectored thrust plates swiveled to and fro in a quick pre-flight check. Then, with a muffled roar, the Beast surged forward in a short, almost ground level 'hop.' Then another. And another.

With a few hops, Deezy had gotten a feel for it. The jump jets, not working at full capacity to propel in short, fast bounds instead of long ballistic leaps, could be maintained for much longer before overheating. And now the Beast wasn't limited by the rotation of ts hips and knees, so it could go much faster!

Her delighted whoop was cut short as the radio monitor crackled with new intercepts. She frowned, a little puzzled, but buoyed by her jury rig, and by the importance of the new info, she surged forward to gain as much ground as she could!

Her voice crackled over any radio tuned to recieve her among the allies.

"I'm coming! And I have news! I just heard them! There's an airship attacking the convoy! Odessa Crawler and Surveyor can see it! The Gearsmith is sending it, and they're gonna kill everyone, even the bandits chasing us! We have to hurry! Less than thirty minutes and the airship will be there!"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
What is Surveyor? Wasn't Odyssey the Transportation Guild megacrawler seeking "Voyager One" (i.e. them!) yesterday by the Elysium road? Just how many bandit tribes can there be per square mile of desert? *This* square mile of desert in particular!

Seif asked none of those questions: now that the Beast had shown its (surprising) capacity to hustle, all they had to do was reach *their* caravan and appraise the exact situation as it applied there. "Can you patch through any further communication? Sestrika," he added after a bare pause.

OOC: Ah, NOW we're cooking! :D

Seif will time the movement of the Beast and start off in time to speed up and match steps with it.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: WOOPSIE!

Odessa Crawler should be Odyssey Crawler aka that same mega crawler from earlier. Surveyor I is the same Surveyor I Odyssey Crawler was talking to in this post.

Binder Fred

OOC: Updated my post above with that info.

Can we assume Brian and Sahid lock step with Seif and Deezy or do they shoot ahaead without waiting ([MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] and [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION])? Commenting the news might be good too -- Seif isn't too good with... um... words. ;)

jkason

First Post
OOC: Updated my post above with that info.

Can we assume Brian and Sahid lock step with Seif and Deezy or do they shoot ahaead without waiting ([MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] and [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION])? Commenting the news might be good too -- Seif isn't too good with... um... words. ;)

OOC: Yes. Sorry, I assumed we'd more or less be sticking together, and since Brian didn't have any commentary that wasn't a repeat (i.e., "we should get back to the caravan to face the trouble"), I hadn't posted anything.

Shayuri

First Post
"Patch it...to the speakers?" Deezy asks, bemused. "I...don't see why not. Sure. But we should help that convoy! They seemed pretty nice before. Besides, if we shoot down the airship, we can kill all the raiders at once!"

(OOC - Not sure if we were waiting on me...if so, DOH! Sorry. :) If not...just keeping some RP going then. We can assume now that Deez will play the messages she hears through the speakers since Seif seems so dissatisfied with her renditions. :p (^_^))

Binder Fred

"*They* are a megacrawler and four armored crawlers," reminded Seif, somewhat puzzled as to how that suddenly translated to 'defenseless'. "*They* will be the ones helping us." In the unlikely event that they're friendly to the Union... Speaking of: "Our communications with the caravan were intercepted before, sestrika. Is it safe to talk like this now?"

<Response Deezy?>

OOC: I don't think we were waiting on you, Shayuri. At least I wasn't.

To my mind we are all presently rushing for the Union caravan, discussing things as we go. Is this correct, Relique?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I thought we were speaking aloud, not over a radio. Do you guys even have radio transmitters? Eh, for the sake of not delaying even more, over a small RP point, I will assume it's the radio for now. :))

Deezy shrugged. "Well, we're not on their channel now, of course. Unless they have a really good set, and a very good operator, I don't think so. The Beast's gear is Old War. It was practically undamaged when I found it. The...it has these things that block power surges, so they didn't get burned out when it shut down. Radio sets like this...they're not the kind of thing bandits have. Mostly because they could sell them for a fortune."

She paused, then added, "So we should be safe. Unless we're not. Anyway, the convoy won't be helping us if we don't help them, because they're going to slaughter it. If you guys don't want to help, I'm at least going to warn them."

With a few passes of her fingers, Deezy brought up the transmission logs and recalled the conversation they'd had with the other caravan. She tuned into that frequency to see if anyone was still out there.

"Surveyor and Odyssey, this is Deezy...we met before. The other caravan? Well, that airship you guys see is full of raiders. You gotta shoot it down, or get away. Don't let them reach you."

Remove ads