[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

She pauses, then adds, "Hope its not Lord Burrow's."

"You have noticed how our luck runs, haven't you?" Brian adds dryly.

"So, I guess we're deciding if we think they've spotted us or not, yes?" the young man offers. "If we think it might distract them, I can throw a couple flash-bangs across the way rather than directly attacking them, see if we can't convince them we're the other direction."

[sblock=ooc]Brian's offering to throw an Ignite or two on an angle that might convince the trio on their way that the party isn't where they actually are. Not sure how solid a plan it is, but his Subtle power feats mean it's at least pretty difficult for the raiders to tell where he's coming from when the fires start.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Without pause Seif dropped down onto his camel's back, silently firing a single sharp barb towards the feckless gods of timing -- for which he would no doubt suffer later. For now he pushed his mount towards greater speed even as he thumbed its built-in radio, set as always to their caravan's frequency: "Scouting party to caravan. Have news of raiders in the area west of road. How is your perimeter?"

<Response Burroughmeister?>

[sblock=OOC]Figure there's no harm in checking before we do anything rash. :) Our caravan should have the balloon up and guards set, so surprising them will be difficult, I hope...

AND, if they can run beforehand and we can catch up, Relique will finally have that Mad Max running battle he's been hankering for. :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Brian's offering to throw an Ignite or two on an angle that might convince the trio on their way that the party isn't where they actually are. Not sure how solid a plan it is, but his Subtle power feats mean it's at least pretty difficult for the raiders to tell where he's coming from when the fires start.

OOC: At the range we are talking about, unless those ignites cause a sizable explosion, they might not see a thing unless they are looking through binoculars.

"Scouting party to caravan. Have news of raiders in the area west of road. How is your perimeter?"

"West, you mean from the direction of that explosion? All right, I will alert Brother Lucas so he can keep an eye on their progress." Lord Burroughmeister paused for several seconds before sending a new message. "Brother Lucas reports that he sees nothing suspicious, just a small band of Galaxians crab herders about five miles down the road."
Gear Smith: 1d20 + 9=21 vs 15 --- > Gear Smith Successful!
Gear Smith: 1d20 + 9=28 Vs. Deezy: 1d20 + 10=18 ---> Gear Smith Successful!

Suddenly Deezy can hear a series of several loud beeps, random tones, a metalic whines and warbles intermixed with static over the raider's communication channel.

Group Notice: 1d20=18 vs 25
Since Seif is currently buisy, Brian and Sahid's rolls would be the highest.

[sblock=Brian and Sahid]
The distant raiders adjusted their heading. One of them appears to be heading towards the bluff!
[/sblock]

Figure there's no harm in checking before we do anything rash. :) Our caravan should have the balloon up and guards set, so surprising them will be difficult, I hope...
OOC:Whistles innocently..
AND, if they can run beforehand and we can catch up, Relique will finally have that Mad Max running battle he's been hankering for. :D
What? Me plan a mad max style car chase from day one? I would never have thought about soing such a thing. :angel: ;)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We have a fish hooked." comments Sahid. Of course, this metaphor would be incomprehensible in a place without oceans or fish. He moved over to the Beast, and climbed up. Knocking at the pilot cabin. "I'll be travelling with you, outside. Seif camel is... unpleasant."

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Relique]
The distant raiders adjusted their heading. One of them appears to be heading towards the bluff!

Because I'm a repeatedly dim with visualizing: did they just turn toward us, or the caravan? [/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: One turned completely towards the group, the other to shifted from presumably heading towards the FOB to cut across the arroyo to reach the road.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Binder Fred

"Brother Lucas reports that he sees nothing suspicious, just a small band of Galaxians crab herders about five miles down the road."
"Keep us informed. We are-"

"We have a fish hooked." comments Sahid.

The desert man looked... "Caravan, start moving east as fast as you can. You have been spotted." Seif clicked off. "We will try not to be here when your fish arrives, wise one."

And with that he galloped into the lead, guiding them at speed down the east flank of the bluff, his mount's hooves kicking up sand and fine gravel behind him.

OOC: Adjust the previosuly described caravan-intercept-course to account for a moving caravan, please Relique.

How fast can everybody move? Seif's camel can go up to 100 mph, though I'm guessing we're ridding in the equivalent of difficut terrain? What about the runnabout and the Beast?
[sblock=SAHID'S TRANSPORTATION]
He moved over to the Beast, and climbed up. Knocking at the pilot cabin. "I'll be travelling with you, outside. Seif camel is... unpleasant."
We *do* have a four-wheel buggy plus driver with us (which is how the Ottoman and Brian got to the raider camp earlier and where Brian is ridding right now), and 2. Seif has been doing Ride checks to "mount" the Beast's shoulder. To my knowledge there is no place for passengers outside the metal giant. If you go ahead, I'm thinking Sahid might just possibly *pine* for the camel's kind of downhome comfort. ;)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - The Beast has a ground speed of 45'...so it's only about 50% faster than a person in terms of flat out speed. But...um...it can JUMP! Also, as far as passengers go, it has room inside for one additional person in a kind of 'copilot' position that doesn't actually have any working controls. Otherwise someone could try to ride on its shoulder, or in its arms...but it wouldn't be fun. :))

Binder Fred

The robed one clattered ahead, low to his mount's lowered neck. He could hear the buggy's engine roaring to his back and right -- and a look confirmed both Shaughnessy and the Ottoman firmly strapped in and helmeted, their caravan driver doing his level best not to be distanced. What he did not see was the Beast. Sudden, uncomfortable, memory of their first conversation on speed, before the caravan ever set off from Victoria Town...

The desert man suddenly slowed and looked way back at their starting point, already reaching for his camel's radio...

OOC: Actions Deezy?

Remove ads