• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2E] Ultimate Thunderbolts - OOC (Recruiting!)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dayspire said:
I dunno, think so? The "Meanwhiles" usually don't have much to do with you guys - they're tangential to the 'main' storyline (i.e., the IC thread). Most of the time, you won't know that these things even go on.

For instance...

... who says you lost your parole officer?

Oh, I agree, and I'm not about to let OOC stuff interfere with IC knowledge. But it isn't OOC stuff either - maybe you should make a new 'IC' Thread for GM only posts - for the Meanwhiles and other things that are cool!

Keia

Dayspire

Explorer
Hey Keia, you say OOC: Definitely Move, then attack, looking to redirect if it comes to that. Remember improved defense when in melee against ranged attacks.

Redirect is only if you've bluffed. Do you want to do that? Also, Improved Defense is only if you take the total defense action in combat.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Let's just keep it simple, move attack. Elusive target was what I was looking at . . . I think . . . I actually don't remember my thinking from when I posted. My notes are at home, as is my book.

Keia

lissilambe

First Post
Either in the IC or this thread are fine by me. I can see arguments for both sides. The descriptive combat is good, and I don't mind seeing the rolls but that's unnecessary to me. However, while the descriptive combat is a lot of fun, I do wish there was an update (perhaps more straightforward) of what was left of the battleground. I'm kind of unsure what to do for the next round, because I'm not sure what's remaining. Just a thought, perhaps a short paragraph with a brief update of what's left and where it is?

Thanks.

Take care,
Don

Dayspire

Explorer
Hey Don - Just looking for a clarification on your move. Intimidate has two uses, basically. Demoralize, which gives your target a -2 to attack rolls and skill checks for one round; or the regular intimidate - where you try and get someone to do something (i.e., surrender). I'm pretty sure you mean the latter, in which case it's a full move. I'm going to do a brief update, and wait to hear your confirmation before I continue.

lissilambe

First Post
Since Verdant's doing nothing more than back my play, could we perhaps arrange it so I stay where I am, breathe the fire and basically let him force the surrender through intimidate? Sort of a team play in that case (I believe it's Verdant who was working with Kaiju). Otherwise, I'll just be doing the demoralize, since I have to both move to the group of four, and do the deathbreath.

Take care,
Don

Dayspire

Explorer
Sure, you could let Verdant intimidate. Only problem is that his is +1 (+3 with your Aid Another) and yours would be +11 (+13 with his Aid Another).

But tell you what, I'll just make a GM call it and say your 'Breath attack is a free action this round - because it's purely for show (note however, you will still be fatigued). So I'll let you do the intimidate, with a +2 for the breath, with a +2 for Verdant's Aid Another (if he makes the roll).

lissilambe

First Post
That's very cool of you, thanks a lot. Yeah, it's all for show, and yep, he's still fatigued as he should be. I appreciate it.

Take care
Don

Dayspire

Explorer
Gideon - You now have 3 HP's, everyone else has 2. You went after Soldier One, and he got away due to GM Fiat. Plus, well, your rolls have sucked pretty bad, so there it was also a bit of a sympathy HP. :)

I usually like everyone to have around 3 or so, so they don't feel like they're too precious to use.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads