• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2E] Ultimate Thunderbolts - OOC (Recruiting!)

Dayspire

Explorer
This is the OOC thread for Ultimate Thunderbolts. Feel free to post here with comments or questions. It is also where I'll be posting "Meanwhiles...". Small stories that don't necessarily involve any of the PC's, but still give a window into the minds of the supporting cast (you know, the villains, the police, the X-Men, whomever!). Of course, I ask that the player's not use this OOC knowledge in an IC fashion.

Thread Information:

Game here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=154127
Rogues Gallery here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=154067
Dice Roller: http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py

Last edited:

Dayspire

Explorer
Meanwhile...

"He's killed another one, Mr. Clark."

The voice was obviously disguised. The image on the vid-screen itself was that of a black silhouette, showing no discernable features. Nothing you could grab and say Hey, he's got long hair or Hey, his face is narrow. His transmissions had always been untraceable despite Clark's best efforts. And he preferred to be called Occam, which gave rise to a whole host of possible identities. Most likely all were red herrings.

"Are you listening, Mr. Clark?"

Clark shifted in the leather chair and stared at the screen, his eyes once more focusing on the shadow that was Occam. Behind him, piles of newly acquired equipment sat under plastic tarps, waiting to be used. A warehouse filled with expensive technology. "Yes, of course. I was merely thinking of... possibilities." Clark's own voice was strong and confident. A voice that had once held command. Everything else about him was forgettable however - blond hair cut unfashionably short, average looking nose, unassuming mouth. The clothes he wore were baggy and entirely bland. All of course, as his training demanded.

"That will be his fourth victim, of those that we are aware of. There is a high likelihood there are more. He must be... arrested." The voice paused. "Status on the project?"

Clark reclined in his chair and shook his head. "Not quite ready, but almost there. I've selected five that show the most promise. Five that seem to truly want a second chance. Something that the Ultimates would never give them. Look at how they're treating Pym. He's a pariah now. " Clark frowned. It was unfortunate that Pym could not be used. "Regardless, the team will be ready soon."

Occam said nothing at first, but the silhouette seemed to stare at Clark's impassive face. "Excellent. I'd like them to begin w-"

"No." Clark interrupted, his voice hard. "I won't either directly or indirectly have their missions dictated by you. We..." Clark pointed at Occam and himself. "... have an agreement. They don't. They will remain... pure."

A wry chuckle came from the vid-screen, and the shadow slowly nodded its head. "Very well then. I like that. And in return for the money and equipment I give you..? What do I receive?"

Clark answered without hesitation. "Exactly what you wanted... Redemption."

Occam was silent for a long moment that seemed to stretch into minutes.

"This is sufficient." With a beep the transmission ended.

With the vid-screen off the only illumination was moon light, filtered through the darkened windows. Clark's chair creaked as he leaned forward and opened a drawer in his desk. His hand dipped in and quickly found what he wanted. A rumpled duster hat and a mask that was vaguely skull-like, both white. He spoke to no one in particular, his voice sounding harsh and bitter.

"This time... Justice will be done."

Dayspire

Explorer
Keia -

[sblock] How do you see The Professional's powers? The way it seems you want them is very much so the way the Nemesis power works... But not so much how Taskmaster works. Which is completely fine (and appropriate, considering this is the Ultimate universe, and things are sometimes *very* different here). 616 Taskmaster has photographic reflexes that are pretty much just physical feats... He can mimic Captain America's fighting style, and can put together a transmission if he sees it done once before. But the way you seem to want it is to allow purely mental abilities/skills/etc as well. Intentional?

If so, that's completely fine with me. I sort of like how that could play out... Either way, let me know.

[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
[sblock=Dayspire]I agree I wouldn't mind having them work like Taskmaster, but I figured for the cost of the power, I may as well use it to it's full benefit. Nemesis really is almost like a variable point power pool for any foe once a round. You need to reduce it to no powers, no attributes, only utilize physical skills and feats of the target.

The other way I built Taskmaster's power was Mimic (5 points per level) Extra: Continuous +1, Perception +2; From Standard to Free Action +2, Limited: No Powers -2, No abilities -1, Physical only -1; Final Cost: 6.

Let me know what you think :)

Either way or leaving it as is, is fine with me, it just reveals some different abilities that Taskmaster has that just weren't revealed in 616, or something.[/sblock]

Dayspire

Explorer
So how often do we plan on posting? I guess we should have talked about this in the beginning. I thought usually the norm was every other day...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
That sounds fine to me! :)

I was waiting on a decision on the discussion two posts up before I posted again.

Keia

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Yay !

Yay !

I've just made my first post in my first PBP game ! -Check it out over in the IC thread :)

My first question - Can anybody tell me how to do colours and the hidden spoilers sections in my posts ?

-Chris

Dayspire

Explorer
Corvus Coronoides said:
My first question - Can anybody tell me how to do colours and the hidden spoilers sections in my posts ?
Ah, that's easy. Just highlight your text, and then just above where you type your message, you should see three drop down buttons - font, size, and color. Use those (while highlighting the part you want to change).

Oh yeah, and welcome! I'm glad to have you. I hope your first experience here is good!

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Concerning a 'look' for Twister, I was thinking along the lines of the look from the Ultimates, or the X-Men movies. Sort of a leather, costume kind of look. With a jacket. Some dark green trim to pay tribute to his look as Whirlwind. And some kind of cool looking sunglasses or goggles. So maybe a little of a sportier motor cross kind of look.

Make any sense? Sound good at all?

Remove ads