M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

cassius335

First Post
Today it is a different story: there is a huge pile of rubble collected in the low room, and on it is a massive chair. A figure sits there, his head covered in shadows thanks to the now-smashed lights. The lower part of his body you do recognize: a lean but fit frame dressed in green, stamped all over with question marks. The golden scepter in his hands give you the final confirmation, thanks to its question mark shape: the Riddler!

In the area below the throne are several college mascot-costumed figures. Giant pink teddy bears, each one with a word on it: who, what, where, when, why, and how.

Below the throne are tied up two men, an older man (clearly Perry White) and a younger man (clearly Jimmy Olsen).

A third man lies on the floor, battered and broken, in a purple trench coat. You can't see his face because he has none. You recognize him as a sort of eccentric member of the JLA reserves: the Question.

OOC: Ah, so it IS the Riddler. Curioser and Curioser.

OOC: Oh man, that is a LOT of questions! haha! I'm going to wait till Batgirl and the other "advance scouty" people respond, then post what Wonder Girl's up to

OOC: Likewise. This shouldn't take long...

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Ah what the hell. The Camera is out anyway.

Bored with maintaining his illusion, Zatara has the Phantasmal Man of Steel fly into the air. "Up, up and away!"
He then murmurs "Ekam su lla hsinav!" and follows Batgirl and 'My Favorite Martian'.

OOC: Burst Area Concealment 6 (All Aural & Visual; Affects Others, Precise)

Thejoshie

First Post
you see nothing out of ordinary down the stairs... until you find a great hole in the floor leading to a massive office area: the main room of the Daily Planet, where the reporters like Clark Kent go every day to write their stories.

Looking down you see two levels, one higher (under you by about ten feet) and one lower, the pit where the reporters sit. It's an open concept room, and on an ordinary day you'd hear the clacking of type writers/computer keys, the ring of cell phones, and the occasional call of "stop the presses!"

Batgirl slowly prepared another grapple line. "Team, I have visual confirmation of three hostages. Perry White, Jimmy Olsen and The Question. I repeat, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and the Question. The Question is hurt, but I can't tell how badly from up here."

She continued to prepare a stealth entry. "Watch your step when you follow me... there is a hole in the steps and it's a long way down... wait...

there is a huge pile of rubble collected in the low room, and on it is a massive chair. A figure sits there, his head covered in shadows thanks to the now-smashed lights. The lower part of his body you do recognize: a lean but fit frame dressed in green, stamped all over with question marks. The golden scepter in his hands give you the final confirmation, thanks to its question mark shape: the Riddler!

In the area below the throne are several college mascot-costumed figures. Giant pink teddy bears, each one with a word on it: who, what, where, when, why, and how.

Batgirl did a double take.

Nigma IS here. It can't be... why Metropolis of all places!?

"I have visual confirmation of Edward Nigma. The Riddler. Or someone dressed as him... can't see his face. He has seven tangos that are dressed as teddy bears. Can't make out if they're armed, but it's safe to assume that they are." She connected the line to her belt. "I don't see any woman with them... either those cigarettes are old, or there is another criminal or hostage we don't know about. Either way, I'm moving in for a closer look."

OOC: Ole Batgirl is about to make the traditional Modern Age Batman mistake of moving in without back-up.

Unless you desire it, I'm keeping the previous stealth roll (I'm not daring to rely on the dice again >.>;

She is lowering her self slowly to the first level (10 feet below her), for a better viewing angle.

cassius335

First Post
Solaris noticed the dissapearence of "Superman", but ignored it. Against the Riddler, the deception had become pointless.

He tensed to move, then remembered and stopped himself. "Do we go?" he asked Echo.

Shayuri

First Post
"Too easy," Echo said quietly. "A single, easily solvable riddle and then a hole in the shield that leads straight to the villain we are, by now, expecting."

"Even if this IS The Riddler, he doesn't make his games this short."

She nods towards the hole. "Zatana and Wonder Girl, back Batgirl up. Solaris and I will reinforce you once the trap has sprung."

Then, off the communicator, Echo glanced at Solaris and said, "Cyborg accuses me of overthinking things. Am I doing that now?"

cassius335

First Post
"I don't believe so." Solaris replied. "My gut is in agreement with your thinking. This is far too easy. Though hopefully none of us being Kyrptonian will work in our favour."

ww.jpg

Wonder Girl watches as the phantom Superman flies off, then quirks a brow at Zatara.

" 'Up, up, and away'? Seriously?"

As the group makes their way after Batgirl, Wonder Girl presses her commlink deeper into her ear as Batgirl reports in on the hostage situation. She listens silently, but can't help but comment at the mention of teddy bears.

"Teddy bears? Didn't think I'd be beating the crap out of teddy bears today, but bad guys are bad guys I guess..."

When they finally make it to the hole, she notes that Batgirl has already gone ahead, relying on her own stealth skills instead of Zatara's magic. Diana never liked it when Wonder Girl used her own invisibility, calling it "unwarriorlike," but hey, she's not gonna refuse a strategic advantage like Zatara's invisibility. And Diana wasn't here, anyway... she bit back the rest of that thought. Echo had just given the go ahead.

"When things get hot, I'm gonna barrel right into the 5 W's and their buddy H, try to tie 'em up," she whispered to Zatara and Echo.

Then she poised over the hole, her usually upbeat face completely devoid of emotion. It was time to make Diana proud.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
ww.jpg

Wonder Girl watches as the phantom Superman flies off, then quirks a brow at Zatara.

" 'Up, up, and away'? Seriously?"

"Yeah...The guy is goofy like that." he answered Wonder Girl with a shrug.

Finally! Some time away from that Jackwad Glow-worm and some quality time with the ladies.
Zach thought to himself as he neared the hole.

Seriously? Teddy Bears? Who woulda thought Riddler had a Furry Fetish?

Walking Dad

First Post

Dre stays on Batgirl's shoulder, ready to jump down in his more combat-able forms once the need arises. He takes a look at the Riddler's face, the 'scorpion's' alien sight easily piercing the darkness.

[sblock=OOC]

Dre has darkvision in this form, so the shadows shouldn't hinder his sight. He will report anything strange /important to Batgirl.

OFFENSE
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9 Close , Damage 1
(Varies based on shape)

DEFENSE:
Dodge 7
Parry 7
Fortitude 9
Toughness 9
Will 9

[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: so everyone's at the hole now, basically?

[sblock=Dre's observation] You see the Riddler's eyes look... exhausted. Red rings between the eyes and his mask. Also he's looking very pale. Still smiling, however. His hat is a bowler hat, purple, and he has a purple mask over his eyes; one of those "now my eyes are white dots" masks.[/sblock]

Remove ads