M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Patlin

Explorer
Tor wants at those goblins, especially the one with the whistle. He climbs up to them, and tries to get into position to threaten them.

ooc: Climb [untrained] +1 (Str+2, ACP -1)

orsal

LEW Judge
If Ashnar is still struggling in the moat by the time Nurlan acts next turn, the bard will reach out with his 10' pole to give Ashnar a boost, getting down in order to brace himself. Otherwise, he'll join the rest in climbing. All the while he continues to sing, inspiring courage. (Assume he's continuing his bardic music until I mention him speaking or doing something else verbal.)

Erekose13

Explorer
If he can see the goblin on the wall from his position, Tenebrynn will launch a magic missile at him. Otherwise he tries the climb again.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

"Goblins...damn!" cries Somac. He releases another arrow at the guard.

OOC: Since you said the climb would take both hands, I was just assuming that Somac's sword was sheathed before making the jump.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2

Somac releases another arrow. Again he strikes, and he can see the blood splash, but the guard does not fall.

Irene clambers up the embankment. It is tough going, but her halfling grace serves her well. In another round, she'll be over the top.

Ashnar absolutely fails to climb out, slipping back into the water. At this point, Nurlan extends his longspear, giving the hapless wizard something better to hold onto next time.

Tenebryn can see the top of the goblin archer. Enough for his spell. A bolt of blue light flies up, striking the goblin. It totters backwards and disapears from sight.

Almost immediately, another goblin appears in his place, and shouts something in goblin. On the south wall, more forms arrive. One appears to be a much larger version of a goblin. All carry bows, and wear armor.

Charlyn thinks he could probably still see in the room ahead, so he continues to climb. He finds the footing problematic, however, as the rock under his back foot gives way. He barely avoids tumbling back into the moat, and makes no progress. Tor has more sucess, clambering cleanly up the 10 feet to the top of the first wall. He has his eyes set on the parapet above, another climb of 10 feet or so on crumbled rock to the feet of the new goblin.

Rinaldo could easily jump into the room (as could Tor), which seems empty of advesaries, and strewn with trash, ruble and weeds. It is about 60 feet East/west, and 30 North/south. An open door is in the middle of the north wall. It is too dark to see more detail. Instead, he chooses to sheath his rapier and shield, and ready his crossbow to support the others struggling to climb the rocks below him. (My interpretation of Velmont's intent. By the way, Velmont, twice weekly is fine, especially considering the good characterization of Rinaldo you have given.)Round 2 ends, as more shrill shrieks can be heard from within the castle.

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn: Male human cleric 2

Charlarn will sling his shield over his back (move action) and continue climbing (move action in place of standard action; Climb +0).

Velmont

First Post
"If my wife would see me presently, i'm not sure what I should fear the most, her or what make that sound... I hope your god will protect us." say Rinaldo to the cleric.

He ready his crossbow and wait to see a goblin to shoot at him.

OOC:
Last Rinaldo move is just well...

Patlin

Explorer
If Tor only has another 10' to go, does that mean he is in range with his chain? If he thinks the goblin would have to expose himself to attack to shoot, he will ready an action to attack when able. If this is not the case, he will keep climbing.

Remove ads