M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
After a little deliberation, Nurlan remarks, "On second thought, we'd better not use wear the cloak in town. It might be recognized, and we probably don't want the kind of attention it would draw. It probably should be returned to the royal family, but I'm satisfied to be its custodian until we figure out who it ought to be given to." He is clearly thrilled with the thought that fate has made him, or him together with his companions, custodian of a piece of history.

Erekose13 said:
"Hmm. none of the items really interest me, so a cut of the treasure would work just fine. With eight of us I am sure we can split this up nice and evenly." says Tenebrynn when the discussion turns to splitting the treasure.

[ooc: how are we going to run treasure splitting? I usually see it as two options:
1. add up the market price of everything, divide as evenly as possible, with those taking items deducting that from their share.
2. hand out the items and then split the money value eight ways evenly. Those that didnt get items get first pick next time.
In addition the following things usually come out of party treasure before splitting:
1. identify all magic items.
2. buy a healing potion for each person to lighten the cure burden from clerics.]

I lean toward an imprecise version of (1). I never liked the idea of precisely calculating the cost of everything, because there is no in-character authoritative price list -- we'd probably have an idea of about how much anything is worth, but it takes metagaming to know the exact price anything could fetch, especially a masterwork item whose value comes from the quality of its workmanship, without actually selling it. But I do think those who didn't take an item should first get to buy something of their choice, a new weapon or a familiar-summoning ceremony or something like that, of roughly comparable worth to the items claimed by the others, before the rest of the cash is divided up.

As far as healing, another possibility would be a CLW wand that Nurlan could use. It's easier to carry (negligible weight and bulk, for as much healing as 50 potions), more efficient to use (no AoO), and more cost-effective (it works out to 15 gp per charge). Drawback: if both Nurlan and Charlarn are down, we're in a bind, unless somebody's got Use Magic ranks. If we go that route, Nurlan's share of the cash could be reduced to reflect that he'll also get whatever is left of the wand when we're done.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo, Merchant(Rogue) lvl4

OOC: Go for 1. For being unprecise, we will have no choice, because as Rinaldo will sells the unused item, we may get better than 50% I don't expect that much, but enough to make things too complicated to find out what would have been the price of the cloak.

And for the cloak, I don't know if it would has been usefull, as Profession check is Wisdom based... and Profession(Merchant) must be usefull once in a while, I maxed it out...

"Well, if the cloak bring bad attention, it would hinder me in dealing more than helping anyway, so I leave it to you good care, master bard."

On that, Rinaldo starts to prepare himself to wander the streets in search of potential buyers.

Manzanita

First Post
I'm having some connectivity issues, & won't be able to post as rapidly as I like for a while. Anyway, Let's say that Rinaldo spends the day scouting the town, locating contacts. Kim offers his warehouse to store you loot if you want to leave. Exact treasure distribution is probably inappropriate at this point anyway since you'll probably get more as a group. Do note if anyone wants to use any of the MW or magical items. Are you going to head back out the next morning, or stay in town one more day to sell and whatnot?

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan's free day

If there isn't an obvious errand for Nurlan, while Rinaldo is trying to sell our loot, he'll go to the poorest district in the city and try to entertain the street children. He'll sing for them, and sing with them, and try to get them to sing some of their favourite songs. He'll bring with him a stash of copper and silver coins, and give them away too. (1 sp to any of the kids whose attention he wants, 1 cp to older beggars to keep them happy.) He'll leave the cloak at the warehouse.

He invites Charlarn to join him with his pipes, but he'll go whether or not Charlarn is interested.

Manzanita, you can decide whether to RP a little of the action or not. If not, just let me know if anything unexpected happens, and how much money he ends up giving away.

He'll then return to the warehouse to see how well Rinaldo fared with the merchandise.

OOC: We don't need to apportion the whole lot, but it would be nice to know how much spending money we have from it, since it would probably be nice to equip ourselves a bit more for the next foray into enemy territory.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you very much for getting our names cleared Kim. We will certainly seek to take Jezibel down a peg or two. We have a vested interest in seeing her fall as well." Tenebrynn says when they meet Kim again.

OOC: Tenebrynn will take a breather and write a scroll of mage armor. If we have more than one day he will write a scroll of magic missile per day.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Chalarn would be happy to join Nurlan. He hadn't really thought about playing to entertain others. It would help take his mind off goblins and traitors. "Is this something you do often?" he asks. He'll also heal as many beggars with cure cpells and his Heal skill as he can (7 uses of his healing kit are left).

OOC: Once Charlarn is approved, he'll have the Brew Potion feat. So he can make cure light wounds potions with his craft points. IIRC, craft points take the place of time spent to craft items, right?

Knight Otu

First Post
Steve Jung said:
OOC: Once Charlarn is approved, he'll have the Brew Potion feat. So he can make cure light wounds potions with his craft points. IIRC, craft points take the place of time spent to craft items, right?

(Charlarn is approved for lvl 3. And yes, technically craft points do take the place of the time spent. You still have to spend the XP and money for the raw materials.)

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
Chalarn would be happy to join Nurlan. He hadn't really thought about playing to entertain others. It would help take his mind off goblins and traitors. "Is this something you do often?" he asks.

"When I used to travel with the great Shkarna, we would pay a visit to a slum in every city we visited. As the Master often said, there is no child whose life is so rough that the innocence of youth does not shine through. Start playing, start singing, and they forget their cares. It's a great honour to be able to share the joy of music with them. I wonder whether the nobles and wealthy people who used to pay to hear Shkarna play his cornet ever realized that he got as much pleasure out of people he would pay for the privlege of sharing his music."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac will offer to tag along with Rinaldo. Perhaps having a little "muscle" along will help the merchant avoid getting mugged or anything like that.

If Rinaldo would rather do his thing on his own, Somac will stay back and practice with his new glaive. He will also do a little walking through the city, hoping to find a temple or shrine of Grendath.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

orsal said:
"When I used to travel with the great Shkarna, we would pay a visit to a slum in every city we visited. As the Master often said, there is no child whose life is so rough that the innocence of youth does not shine through. Start playing, start singing, and they forget their cares. It's a great honour to be able to share the joy of music with them. I wonder whether the nobles and wealthy people who used to pay to hear Shkarna play his cornet ever realized that he got as much pleasure out of people he would pay for the privlege of sharing his music."
"That's very nice of you to carry on your master's tradition. Lead on, master bard. Your audience awaits." He grins and slaps Nurlan on the back.

OOC: Thanks for the approval, nimisgod and Knight Otu.

Remove ads