M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Patlin

Explorer
Tor, Human (more or less) Barbarian 1

Trying to keep his chain whirling in a rapid and deadly blur, Tor continues to let his rage guide him as he tries to bring down one of the two ghouls he faces. Wanting to reduce the ghouls numbers, and knowing that he and Rinaldo have done some damage to at least one of the ghouls near him, he directs his next attack at the more wounded ghoul.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn pauses a moment to see how well Somac has things under control before chanting the spell on his scroll.

[ooc:making sure I go after Somac then magic missile]

Manzanita

First Post
Round 6

Somac's sword again misses his squirmy opponent, at which Tenebryn fires off his magic missile, which strikes the already-wounded ghouls with a hiss. (3 pts)

The ghoul, having ducked the greatsword, leaps up at the barbarian, raking him with teeth and claws. Somac staggers back, bloodied and chilled, but still fighting. (7 pts dmg, bringing Somac to 2 hps)

Nurlan feels some feeling come back to his extremities. Stiffly, he pushes himself to his knees. (Can act in round 7)

Above, the quick ghouls still wildly attack Rinaldo and Tor. Tor finds himself clipped by a claw, and this time the chill overwhelms him, and he falls heavily. (2 pts claw dmg - paralyzed) Rinaldo manages to evade the creature, and his return thrust takes another small chunk out of its thigh (1 pt dmg)

Seeing Tor fall, Irene releases a bolt from her crossbow at his foe, which imbeds it its stomach with no evident effect (2 pts dmg). Ashnar likewise, hurls his dagger at it, also striking it. (3 pts)

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn grips his staff tightly in both hands and moves forward to join Somac in close combat. (if possible to 5' step in, attack with both ends, if not just a single move & attack)

Velmont

First Post
"We really need to get rid of them, fast I don't give much for the skin of our friends below."

Rinaldo will continue to attack the ghoul next to him, and after will go help Tor, with the other ghoul.

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Crimson heat spreads over Somac's face as he is shamed by the ghoul. The barbarian has made five--five!--attacks, and not a single has landed!

Tenebrynn! I have a curing potion in my backpack. If I fall, please use it to keep me from dying once the party is safe.

Flying into a rage, the barbarian continues his single-minded pursuit of the vile creature.

OOC: Somac will enter a Rage: 7 rounds, Con 18, Str 19, Will save +2, Fort save +6, current hp increases to 4, AC 13, touch AC 10, FF AC 11. Will attack the ghoul with greatsword: Atk +5, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Nurlan feels some feeling come back to his extremities. Stiffly, he pushes himself to his knees. (Can act in round 7)

Now that he is able to move his head, he looks around to take stock of the situation. Downhill, Charlarn is down, and Somac and Tenebrynn are struggling with the a ghoul. Uphill, more ghouls and more trouble for the rest of the party. Thankfully, the ugly creature next to him, however unpleasant to look at, is out of commission.

He raises his voice so everyone in both theaters of combat singing the same song he had taught everyone on the road out of Orussus. But this time, he sings it less as a march than as a rousing anthem. (Inspire courage: standard action to begin, free action to continue on subsequent rounds.) Meanwhile he grips his mace, getting ready on the following round to move to whichever of the two theaters of combat he thinks he can be more helpful in.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Die!" is the only thing Irene can get out of her mouth while realeasing bolt after bolt, trying to take out the ghouls. Seeing her partymembers drop right and left, she has the feeling she has to be careful not getting hit by one of them as well. She reloads and releases another bolt, hoping this time the creature will drop.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 7

DM Note: Whew, long battle. And no shortage of bad rolls, not just for Somac. I'm sure his day of glory will come...

Nurlan stands and begins his song. Across the battlefield, the party feels their spirits boost, fear ebb, and new strength enter their arms.

Nearby Somac shouts to the elf before roaring into another great swing. Unfortunately for the barbarian, the wily ghoul still evades his blows.

Tenebryn is able to take a 5 foot step and lay into it with his staff. His first blow, aided by Nurlan's song, lands squarly on the jaw, shattering bone and sending it tumbling limply down the incline.

Above, the ghoul which struck down Tor, leaps for Ashnar, crossbow bolts and a dagger still protruding from its flesh. It catches the mage in the head with a hard swing of its bony fist, sending him crashing to the earth (6 pts dmg)

The other ghoul claws at Rinaldo again, trying to pull him to its cruel teeth. Rinaldo smacks aside its hands, and steps away. A quick repose sends his rapier into its chest. Rinaldo twists and hurls it to the ground. It does not rise.

Irene lets fly with a bolt at the other ghoul. The bolt strikes it in the face, penetrating its eye socket and jerking back its head. It falls, squirming, but does not rise.

[end of combat]

Remove ads