M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 2

"Hmm..." Somac considers the sign while rubbing his square, stubbly chin. Then, tracing the crude drawing with his meaty finger, "Ship...arrows...maybe a sword...what's this red thing?"

He then shakes his head in confusion and hopes he can rely on the smarter members of the party to make more sense of the sign than he is able to.

orsal

LEW Judge
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
"Hmm..." Somac considers the sign while rubbing his square, stubbly chin. Then, tracing the crude drawing with his meaty finger, "Ship...arrows...maybe a sword...what's this red thing?"

He then shakes his head in confusion and hopes he can rely on the smarter members of the party to make more sense of the sign than he is able to.

The ship seems clear enough to Nurlan. "Probably a sign that one group of goblins left another to say that they were going to a ship. I think a lot of these goblins are illiterate; they aren't a very intelligent bunch as a whole, so either the ones leaving the sign couldn't write or the ones who are expected to see the sign can't read. Pcitures of weapons... really hard to make out just what they are, but it could be an instruction to arm themselves well.

"So we can infer a few things. First, there are at least two different groups of goblins that were away from the fort when we last raided. Second, after we cleaned up they decided to abandon this place. Probably they decided it wasn't secret enough. I think they're expecting us to return, or to tell another raiding party where to find them. It means we've got them on the run, and they're regrouping somewhere they hope is more secret. I don't know if they know we're hunting Jezibel; most likely they think we're just another group of bounty hunters. Finally, they've gone to a ship. So we need to find their port. Wasn't there another trail marked? We should follow it."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yeah I think there was another trail that was supposed to lead to that island those slaves had told us about. It was off this way." Tenebrynn says, readjusting the weight of the new pick he carries unused to anything quite that unwieldy.

Manzanita

First Post
The second of the two roads leading away from the keep heads almost due East, into the mountains and towards the sea. It is not a road in any official sense, but a well traveled path. Assuming the party choses to take that route, I need a marching order, mount info, and any precautions you take for your trip.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0–detect magic, guidance (2), light;
1–bless, cause fear, protection from evil, sanctuary*;
2-lesser restoration, shield other*, summon monster II.
*Domain spell.

Riding a light warhorse (leather barding left at warehouse).
Weight carried:
168 lb (Charlarn)
+73.5 lb (Charlarn's equipment)
+34 lb (horse tack)
=275.5 lb (medium load)

Charlarn will have his shield slung on his back until needed.

OOC: In what form is the loot? Gems, or cold hard gold pieces? :)

Velmont

First Post
...for 3367 gps of loot, or 420.88 for each of the party's members. (Tell me if my math is wrong.)

OOC: 3367 seems right, but Rinaldo will be against the 420.88 each, as many have more valuable items out of the loot. Here how Rinaldo suggest to split: Add the value of all item to the money and then split it between people. The value is full price for bought items, half price for item found and kept, as they would has been sold around that amount, which mean that Nurlan's will be in debt with his wand and clock (2750), but Rinaldo would concede that the wand is usefull to all and could simply not be counted. That way, people with less valuable item (like Rinaldo ;) ) will have more money, and in the end, the share will be more equals. As the group doesn't disband now, we can do the math later, as there may be new loots.

"Nurlan is making senses. Let's go, they have a good advance on us. Tor, do you want to take the lead, as you use to do down there, I'll be right behind you."

Manzanita

First Post
The cash is in whatever form Rinaldo choose, and representing it as gps/person was inappropriate, since, of course, the value of treasure taken by individuals will have to be counted in.

For what its worth, I think my technical difficulties are behind me, and I'm bck to my regularly scheduled posting program.

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar nods in response to Nurlan's thoughts on the sign.
"A warning that a fight happened, and an instruction to meet at a ship, I would assume. Since we heard that the goblins brought the treasures to an island, that would be the ship on the sign. That red thing..." Ashnar takes a closer look to see if it seems somehow familiar.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 2

Somac will take the point or rear, whatever the cleric directs. He has no mount. He will travel with no weapons drawn, but will keep his eyes and ears peeled (using Spot and Listen).

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan is mounted. Since he probably wouldn't be effective fighting while mounted, he'll take a position somewhere in the middle; if they get into a fight, he's likely to dismount before drawing a weapon (although he might cast a spell or sing an inspiring song.)

Remove ads