M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
While continuing to sing his inspiring song (free action), Nurlan will fire bolts at the enemy. If anybody smaller than the imposing figure appears to be armed (that includes anyone moving toward the catapult, they'll be his target of choice. (Oh, and not the human. Nurlan has figured out who to expect a redheaded human in this company to be, and he'll try to kill her protectors in order to capture her alive.) If the giant is the only apparently armed enemy, he'll attack the giant.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
and the MW +2 mighty long composite bow (are you sure no one wants this?)

ooc: Sorry about being slow to respond, but isn't that the bow I took a long time ago? I have it on my character sheet, unless there were two identical bows. I would like to keep it.

In character:

Seeing his comanions launch into action, and given the variety of targets, Tor reacts defensively. With a quick look, he attempt to determine whether the catapult is manned. If the catapult appears to be an immediate threat, he will charge at it. Otherwise, he will move between Charlarn and the bad guys, fighting defensively and attempting to position himself so that charging the Cleric will bring an enemy through his threatened area.

Code:
Something like this:
x=threatened square, C = Charlarn, T=Tor

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxTxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
  C

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 2

Somac is nearly stopped in his tracks at the sight of the sea. He has never been to the ocean before, and is in complete wonderment at it.

Only the presence of enemies snaps him back to reality.

He tries to position himself so as to have a clear shot at the huge figure while gaining cover from potential attack from it. He then raises his bow, and with a whispered prayer to Grendath, releases an arrow to scream through the salty air.

Knight Otu

First Post
(spells for the day: 0 - flare*|[], light*[], ray of frost*[][], touch of fatigue[]; 1st - burning hands*|[], mage armor[], ray of enfeeblement [][])

"That's Jezibel, I presume. Let's go, then." Ashnar casts his mage armor on himself, then moves forward with the group. If the course of the battle allows, he'll try to get within 30 feet of Jezibel so he can cast a ray of enfeeblement on her.

Manzanita

First Post
The battle commences

The Catapault is unmanned, uncocked, and unloaded.

Somac pulls back on his bowstring and lets fly an arrow at the 10 foot tall humanoid. (OK, it's an ogre) His arrow falls short, burying itself in the sand.

Charlyn mutters his divine incantations and touches Tenebryn.

Nurlan continues singing as he fires his heavy crossbow at a goblin near the canoe, both of whom are armed with shortbows. His bolt strikes the goblin in the shoulder sending out a shower of blood.

The human woman dashes to the beached canoe, and crouches down behind it, though she keeps her eyes over the side.

Rinaldo fires a bolt at the other goblin at the canoe, hitting dead on and dropping it.

Tenebryn fires off a magic missile, making a mockery of Jezibel's cover, and striking her in the head. (5 pts dmg)

Tor moves to take the fore of the party from the rear, taking up a defensive position 10 feet in front of the archers.

Ashnar casts a spell on himself. Irene dismounts and guards the rear.

The ogre lowers his great crossbow, which is already loaded with a barbed bolt. He releases it at Tor, who stands in the fore, barely missing him. Now from the top of the boulder the party is adjacent to, comes several arrows, aimed at Ashnar and Irene. Ashnar is struck once (3 hps). The one living goblin at the canoe also fires at the party, but misses.

The goblin on the boulder seem unassailable at first glance. It would seem very difficult to climb the huge rock. They are about 20 feet up, and only visible to Irene and Ashnar at this point.

Attachments

• beach.JPG
    beach.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 71

orsal

LEW Judge
If the remaining goblin in the canoe is still alive, Nurlan will fire another bolt at him. Since the snipers seem to be out of sight, runner-up choice of target will be the ogre. All the while he continues to sing of the virtues of dead goblins.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Charlarn holds his silver falcon high. "Lady Phyrah, guide our hands and hearts." (standard action, casts bless, duration 3 minutes) Then he draws his morningstar (move action).

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0–detect magic, guidance (2), light;
1–bless, cause fear, protection from evil, sanctuary*;
2-lesser restoration, shield other*, summon monster II.
*Domain spell.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Steve, Bless won't stack with Nurlan's song, maybe you want to reconsider your move...

Seeing his target falling in the sand, Rinaldo recharge his crossbow, while looking at the bolt that has landed in the sand, next to Tor. "That bolt is big, Tor, you better watch out." Rinaldo take an aim to the Ogre and let loose his bolt.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn2

Somac's heart beats faster as he dodges the rain of bolts and arrows. Figuring the goblins on the rock are a more immediate threat than the ogre, he moves back and to the left, attempting to keep the boulder between himself and the ogre while at the same time getting a clear shot at the goblins. He then fires an arrow at one of them. (If they are both dropped before my turn, Somac continues firing at the ogre.)

OOC: I'm leaving for a conference for a couple of days. Please feel free to NPC me until I return.

Remove ads